Home Precious Metals
Options

Boy, on days like today

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weeks like this week
Months like this month
And years like this year...

...I'm glad I have a diversified portfolio which includes physical metals.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018 3:07PM

Remember when silver was $45 and gold was $1900 ?

I know a few guys who threw all their eggs in that basket , then. Talk about slaughter.

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

I know a few guys who threw all their eggs in that basket , then. Talk about slaughter.

I know a few guys who bought a ton of Bitcoin at 18k. Ouch!

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

$45 silver......Selling $10 90% junk rolls for $300+. In retrospect sure wish I had sold a few more.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MattTheRiley said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

I know a few guys who bought a ton of Bitcoin at 18k. Ouch!

Haha that would be my co-workers, who know know so much more than me(intense sarcasm). They had offered to pay me or even settle debts with bitcoin.

I was lucky enough to sell most all my bullion near the top for a down payment on my house. Have restacked since then, just waiting for the next run up to sell and pay it off.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Markets rise and fall... that is the nature of economics... Buy low, sell high... good advice, but few take it... and many fall hard for the current fad (i.e. bitcoin)....Some make money, many lose....The majority seem to buy high and sell low...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Left the market a few months back (at retirement). Actions of Mnuchin and Fearless Leader really inspire confidence, don't they? Good luck to all.

https://hussmanfunds.com/comment/mc181128/

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

My cooper coins held more value than my silver. Just saying. I learned enough though, not to buy into bitcoin.

COA
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

During times like this money is lost. I do like picking up the pieces for my gain. B)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2018 8:07AM

Diversification across asset classes is somewhat safer (but not by much), and buying opportunities in the metals market are actually welcome, when one is still funding retirement accounts.
    1998, 2006, 2008 and now 2019 are good times for dollar cost averaging. Staying the course.

Fixed it for you.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up 1,086! A new indoor record for the Dow.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Market acting like a manic depressive. Wild mood swings.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

hey silver actually broke$15 and held it.....so there is that

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chumley said:
    hey silver actually broke$15 and held it.....so there is that

and an oz of Palladium is once again less than an oz of Gold B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."