Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Completed my doctorate today! Post a acquisition which represents patience!

2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

Accomplished a long term goal today.

I have a bachelors of science in nursing, master of science in nursing, and a graduate certificate in nursing education.

Completed my Post-MSN Doctorate of Nursing Practice today. Graduated from University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN.

Best part is thanks to time served in US Army, post 9/11 gi bill covered all graduate costs. Finishing with 0 in owed expenses!

Post a coin that required persistence and represents a goal to celebrate!

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!

Comments

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best coins have been posted a lot, so I'll just say congratulations!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big congrats! A great field to ensure great prospects and $ for the family. :smile:

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! I have a son that graduated at UTK. Go Vols!

I stalked this ASE toner for a couple of years until I was finally able to make a deal for it when the out of town Dealer came to an area show.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weee-Haaaa! Congrat's on that achievement. With that degree you have a solid COIN future at hand. Jobs galore. :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!
    Well done

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your hard-won accomplishment. Never stop learning!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on a great accomplishment!

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your accomplishment. In fact, take a bow!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations and was to go.

Getting a PHD is a major accomplishment.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 14, 2018 9:45PM

Congratulations Dr. 2ltdjorn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoe24aSvLtw

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! The feeling must be awesome and in time for the holidays!

Thank you for your service and for your continued service to many.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, fantastic news, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very many congratulations to you and it is most excellent that you were able to avoid having to borrow anything to obtain this advanced education!

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!!! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations and well done sir.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

Stories like this one make me feel that at least some of our taxes are being used wisely. As long as people like @2ltdjorn are willing to give back to society, we would be fools not to help them financially. We will need more nurses as we age.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about a coin depicting patients ?
    Congratulations !!

• Options
    steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Terrific accomplishment, congrats!

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on a great achievement. I know there is a tremendous amount of work behind that title (My wife is a college professor and the Nursing area is known for stringent requirements and standards.). You can wear the title with honor sir. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Superb and well done, sir!

Shall we address you as Doctor Nurse? ;)

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't help but to remember the dialogue in this film - wait until the end of the clip! Congratulations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGyhNMuSXMk
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great! Congratulations on your achievement and tenacity!

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! I know you worked hard for it.

I looked for this coin for over 10 years.

Larry

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018 9:48AM

@MS70 beat me to the scene...but, right to the punchline...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHwdWCAmO3o

Congrats on your Doctorate!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

My motorboard off to you!! Congrats! !

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the degree!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took me from 1971 (BS degree) to 1985 (Masters) can't imagine how much longer it would have taken for a Doctorate!! Congratulations!
    Thanks for your service, I too used the GI bill on my education.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! That is a great moment for you and your family and something to be proud of. I don't have a pic but it took me five years to find a 1925-S for my Lincoln set.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

congrats to a job well done and well worth it. best wishes :)

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your achievement, well done :)

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

Nice family, too! They're very proud of you, I'm sure.

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    Congratulations Dr. 2ltdjorn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoe24aSvLtw

This is a classic! It’s kinda funny cause my wife has a doctorate in clinical psychology. So we’ve been greeting each other the same way.

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Doctor, thank you for your service. Great looking family! :)

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never thought that I would be able to afford or spend the type of money that I actually did on one a coin.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! This coin fits your theme well. I had my eye on an NJ starting around 4th grade. I had strict requirements for quality and cost, and I finally got this one (my only one) at the Baltimore show a few days after I graduated college.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way to the TOP is by persistent, intelligent and hard work A.T Mercier

:)

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your accomplishment ! Stay close to clinical patient care, that is where the personal satisfaction comes from in nursing.
    As a kid I thought this was the neatest commem design but I didn't have $18 to buy it. It took many years of school before I finally had the disposable income to buy coins.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coingratulations to you and your family and community!

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was in the well known Newman auction at HA of coins in 2013 that sat in envelopes for many decades and acquired special tones and crusts. It was in an NGC holder. Many of the coins went for multiples of MV and I did not come close in my bid. Later, it was listed at an even higher price on a dealer website in a PCGS holder for more than Moon money. It then came up again in a HA auction where it sold for the original price in the Newman auction. About 3 months later it popped up again in a HA auction where I was able to successfully get it at a lower, but still aggressive price. It is a great example from that special collection.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    KoinickerKoinicker Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Congrats indeed! That's a fantastic achievement, time and dedication to studies. We hope it is put to excellent use.

That said, here is a collection which takes tremendous patience to assemble given their current rarity. I might be the first (if not one of the first) to assemble a complete collection of this family of Shield nickels in the 20th and 21st centuries.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file