Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX has started their cyber Monday "sale"

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

2019 SAE prices don't look too bad at all, right now.
$17.04 each, any quantity. Free Shipping.

Won't ship until 1/14/19, of course, but who knows what will happen with prices until then, or after, if you are interested in them......

Other items have same "sale" (any quantity pricing and free shipping).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before you consider ordering..APMEX now charges sales tax for states that do have a sales tax on coins or bullion.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    Before you consider ordering..APMEX now charges sales tax for states that do have a sales tax on coins or bullion.

Even if above $1500?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:

@OPA said:

Even if above $1500?

I have no idea... it all depends on what your States sales tax law encompasses.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

An advance order may be a good move... not much danger of loss and the possibility of an increase.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Do you ever worry about a company's cash flow or liquidity when they offer these pre-sales so far in advance of the delivery date?

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure I do, but I go into it with a few ways of thinking:

• Never risk money that I can't "afford" to lose.
    • Look at the company, history, the market, and make an educated action
    • If still wanting the deal, but really concerned, pay with a means to get your money back, even if it means paying a few extra dollars. In this case, it may cost ~$12-$15 more to use a credit card/paypal, but that is still a relatively good deal and gives you some security.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

your local cpa might be able to tell you what taxes are in your state,

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

No tax here. God bless The Commonwealth.

I guess $17 for an eagle is among the lowest prices currently available. Still hard for me to stomach that an almost 20% premium on an ounce of silver is a deal. Finding 90% at or below spot, had been working on completing another monster box but due to premiums currently only adding junk.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    your local cpa might be able to tell you what taxes are in your state,

..…..or you could try a web search and find it quicker and for free.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Meh, I got a 2019 roll just because. Overall this years cyber Monday is subpar compared to previous. Where are the silver and gold at spot deals?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisRx said:
    Meh, I got a 2019 roll just because. Overall this years cyber Monday is subpar compared to previous. Where are the silver and gold at spot deals?

eBay just dropped coupon code PCYBERDAY for 10% off but per usual excludes coins category. Has to also be used by 7PM PST so not much time. Then tomorrow the 8/10% ebay bucks. I do need a few 2019s just for the dansco sets but will wait it out. Apmex does have some $20 saints that will be under spot with tomorrows ebux promotion provided still available.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@ChrisRx said:

eBay just dropped coupon code PCYBERDAY for 10% off but per usual excludes coins category. Has to also be used by 7PM PST so not much time. Then tomorrow the 8/10% ebay bucks. I do need a few 2019s just for the dansco sets but will wait it out. Apmex does have some $20 saints that will be under spot with tomorrows ebux promotion provided still available.

That's what I was looking at (the saints w/ 10% ebucks.) We shall see how long they last...

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Im glad PA is tax exempt on coins and bullion.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,