Home Precious Metals
Options

Where did the gold bars found in that military tank ever end up?

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

From "COIN WORLD"
Ownership of the gold is still ‘in limbo’ but a movie about the find is possible.

Disposition of 60 pounds of gold bars found in the fuel tank of a military tank that a British military hardware collector purchased on eBay is “still in limbo,” according to the collector.

Nick Mead from Tanks-a-lot Ltd. at Spring Farm, Helmdon, Northhamptonshire, in the United Kingdom, said no determination has been made concerning the five gold bars, which are believed to have been possibly looted by Iraqi soldiers during the invasion of Kuwait in August 1990. The bars were discovered in the spring of 2017 after the tank Mead purchased on eBay was being refurbished. The bars were found during a cleaning of the tank's fuel tank.
Read More:
https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/2018/08/what-happened-to-gold-bars-found-in-tank.all.html

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect that the fuel tank on a tank is darn big and heavy and requires multiple people to pull out. Therefore, there were witnesses.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, unbelievable, "silence is gold-en" !!! ;)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting video. My question is, where did the original ebay seller get the tank from and are there any markings on the gold bars indicating that they are bars from the Kuwaiti gold reserve.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess we know where the gypsies are hiding the stolen gold.... ;)

• Options

I am not buying the we just discovered gold in the fuel tank video. They want me to believe they filmed the moment they discovered 5 giant gold bars without shaking the camera? More likely they found 50 bars and staged the video. I will be honest, I would have kept my mouth shut, and I suspect they are not as fourth coming as they appear.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@goldburger... You could be right... If it were me, there would be no video, no comments and no discussion.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold? What gold?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the guys working in that refurbishing shop all retire within the year, we'll know.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.