Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Let's Talk About the Rules

Comments

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    @HeatherBoyd said: "The deletion of their content was an unfortunate misstep. Content is not usually deleted during a ban and remains when an account is unbanned. Moving forward, account content will not be deleted upon a ban.

What's the chance of hiring a computer expert to find Rogers posts in the cloud or wherever. It may be viable and I will personally donate $50 to a PCGS fund to pay for it. Just say the word and post the mailing address. Perryhall is important also but MY first choice is Roger's content.

I second this. I will personally also donate an amount to a PCGS fund...

• Options
    cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

After reading through some of this, the first thing that came to mind was Leon Trotsky...

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    @HeatherBoyd said: "The deletion of their content was an unfortunate misstep. Content is not usually deleted during a ban and remains when an account is unbanned. Moving forward, account content will not be deleted upon a ban.

What's the chance of hiring a computer expert to find Rogers posts in the cloud or wherever. It may be viable and I will personally donate $50 to a PCGS fund to pay for it. Just say the word and post the mailing address. Perryhall is important also but MY first choice is Roger's content.

Are you saying Perry is expendable? >:):D

• Options

Can we please go back to the moderation style of six months ago? Pretty please... :)

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 asked: " Are you saying Perry is expendable?"

Did you read this part of my post: "Perryhall is important also but MY first choice is Roger's content."

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    @cameonut2011 asked: " Are you saying Perry is expendable?"

Did you read this part of my post: "Perryhall is important also but MY first choice is Roger's content."

It was a joke Skip.

• Options

It's 2:30 (pushed the clock back to 1:30). I thought you were serious.

• Options

I'm reasonably certain that once information is wiped from a server, that it cannot be recovered. I'm afraid that RogerB, PerryHall, Realone, Afford et. al. histories are gone for good. As Heather said, we move on from here.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

:smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @dirtygold [ph] :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also believe that Roger's work was important to this site. I would be happy to donate $100 to help recover his content.

Larry

• Options
    jafo50jafo50 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

In my opinion rarely is something gone forever on the internet. Roger's and other's posts might have been erased from the server but there are backup copies of that data that companies routinely make sometimes on a daily basis. It might take some effort to retrieve that data but it's not impossible.

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

• Options

I will speak with our development team tomorrow morning to see if anything can be done regarding the lost content.

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:
    I will speak with our development team tomorrow morning to see if anything can be done regarding the lost content.

Thank you. And if there is indeed some expense involved I too will donate $50 to the cause.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

@AmazingIntellect said:
    I'm reasonably certain that once information is wiped from a server, that it cannot be recovered. I'm afraid that RogerB, PerryHall, Realone, Afford et. al. histories are gone for good. As Heather said, we move on from here.

I'll bet the Russians, Iranians, Isralies, and Chinese have all of it! B)

• Options
    edited November 4, 2018 9:49AM

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

Thanks! If you need to talk to PerryHall, I can channel him from beyond the grave. ;)

PerryHall2 may have worked also.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMHO this is not a tightly moderated board even though it is home to some tightly wound collectors.(aren't we all?)

Thanks to our mod for keeping things loose.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to our brave new world..... ;) If it stops the major dispute threads that are outside of coin collecting, I will be very pleased..... In the meantime, I hope y'all have a marvelous weekend. Thank you Heather, for the OP....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited November 4, 2018 12:34PM

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

Thanks! If you need to talk to PerryHall, I can channel him from beyond the grave. ;)

Your old moniker and posts are back FYI. It looks like the original account was unbanned.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

Your old moniker and posts are back FYI. It looks like the original account was unbanned.

I really like my "Black Hole" that sucks everything in and then my comment comes out the other end of the universe (?) as with everyone.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

The old history from the super bamming is back. Very good. Job well done!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Ms. Boyd for your passionate work in monitoring this forum site. Your hard work is evident in many of your previous responses. Hopefully, we all learn from this and we all can move on compassionately and professionately !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Excellent, thank you

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone asked Google just to see what they have? they sure surprise me sometimes.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad to see some moderation in here, looks like it's happening with fits and starts, along with some jolts, but the corrections have been encouraging. I hope this can be a place to keep getting great coin info while helping out the new collectors.

I sure don't miss the "good old days" of a few months ago where so much (insert object here) waving was going on, it turned more into a "me 100% right Tarzan, you not so good" theme.

• Options
    MoneyMonkey1MoneyMonkey1 Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

Butter pictures only please. I'm allergic to cats.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd

You probably already know this.... but perhaps not:

Prior to your arrival here, the only moderation this forum EVER saw was banning, usually without public warning or explanation. We're not accustomed to seeing closed threads, stickied threads, or moderator commentary. Most of the folks here are probably Internet-forum savvy, but for some, this might be their only online forum experience.

If it seems like everyone is over-reacting to what you're doing, this might be part of it.

:)

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

I hear tell of someone on here who can bring you back from the dead. She's like a God(ess). :D

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2018 12:09AM

@Insider2 said:

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

PerryHall2 may have worked also.

I was hoping to have more insiders here ;)

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

Yes. Heather brought PerryHall back to life and you can once again talk to him directly. Thanks Heather! :)

The Mountain Dew avatar is like seeing an old friend.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gonzer said:

@PerryHall said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

Yes. Heather brought PerryHall back to life and you can once again talk to him directly. Thanks Heather! :)

The Mountain Dew avatar is like seeing an old friend.

Well, he could have been punished for his sins by being forced to switch to DIET Mountain Dew!!!

:)

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

So what happens to the ID "dirtygold"? Will you keep it as your alt for next time? ;):o:D

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss Realone. He livened the place up.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

I miss the Modern collector that couldn't grade below MS69...

Every Friday night here for a while was like a bare knuckle cage fight :D

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple comments. I would urge that you be reluctant to close a thread once it is "answered". First, the answer may not be complete. More importantly information is stated that is valuable even after the thread is answered. Also, yes PCGS is the host (and thank you) but it's a business and the forum adds value to PCGS. I'm sure they would rather have all of us use their forum than another one. Finally, to me there are bright lines when something is wrong. Those should be stopped. I would urge moderation on censoring closer calls. thank you.

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

I fall ill, lay out for awhile, the line goes tight and I miss a big one. Story of my life.
    Wow...one 'resurrection' later and we are underway again.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@JBK said:

@PerryHall said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

So what happens to the ID "dirtygold"? Will you keep it as your alt for next time? ;):o:D

It's dead. I never believed in alts. Never made any sense to me unless one is planning to troll which I also don't believe in. For those that asked, I picked my avatar because my initials are DEW and green is my favorite color. I only drank one Mountain Dew in my entire life and didn't care much for it. Also, my forum name came from Perry Hall, Maryland where I lived for over 40 years until I moved to Florida to be close to family, especially our four grand kids. :)

I’m especially glad to see you back my friend. Not sure what this place would be without ya.
    Welcome back :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:

@PerryHall said:

@JBK said:

@PerryHall said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@dirtygold said:

@1630Boston said:

It's dead. I never believed in alts. Never made any sense to me unless one is planning to troll which I also don't believe in. For those that asked, I picked my avatar because my initials are DEW and green is my favorite color. I only drank one Mountain Dew in my entire life and didn't care much for it. Also, my forum name came from Perry Hall, Maryland where I lived for over 40 years until I moved to Florida to be close to family, especially our four grand kids. :)

I’m especially glad to see you back my friend. Not sure what this place would be without ya.
    Welcome back :)

Thanks for the kind words. You're making me blush. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Heather---My post count is currently 270 while originally it was around 35,000. I need this fixed if I'm ever going to have a chance to catch up with Ricko. :D

That may be true but your likes/agree/lol to post count ratio is INSANE right now!

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    Heather---My post count is currently 270 while originally it was around 35,000. I need this fixed if I'm ever going to have a chance to catch up with Ricko. :D

Give it up! You'll have a better chance of finding the Holy Grail. Oops! I should say the second 1870-S Half dime.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@PerryHall said:

That may be true but your likes/agree/lol to post count ratio is INSANE right now!

Now that you mention it, that's pretty funny. Maybe post counts are like the mechanical odometers on older cars that go back to zero after a certain number. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

He's now @afford .

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtygold said:
    I was PerryHall in a prior forum life. Heather was kind enough to bring me back after many forum members went to bat for me (thanks!!!) but my prior life here as PerryHall was totally wiped out---over 35,000 posts and thousands of PM's. I'm at peace with my early demise and I'm making a fresh start here as dirtygold. I agree with retrieving Roger's posts since they include a lot original research and important mint documents. I hope that Heather can reach out to Roger and bring him back.

Welcome back! You need the Mountain Dew avatar again so we recognize you! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file