Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1803 liberty coin draped bust silver large 3

I have 1803 liberty coin draped bust silver large 3 for sale. Could you please tell me where i can sale it? My located in Indonesia.
You can contact me via Whatsapp at +628116089789 or call me at +6281372172218 or email me at anaknaburju80@gmail.com for more information about the coin.

Comments

• Options

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    I'll take Scams for $1200, Alex.

how can it happen? from where you bought the coin?

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

He did send me pictures. It is clearly a counterfeit. Poorly made one at that.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@AUandAG said:
    He did send me pictures. It is clearly a counterfeit. Poorly made one at that.

bob

im sure my coin is authentic and genuine. because i got it from my great grandfather bag's. and ive been doing some test using magnet.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If @AUandAG says it is counterfeit, it likely is... If you still doubt it, send it to PCGS for authentication and grading....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@malaikat80 said:
    I have 1803 liberty coin draped bust silver large 3 for sale. Could you please tell me where i can sale it? My located in Indonesia.
    You can contact me via Whatsapp at +628116089789 or call me at +6281372172218 or email me at anaknaburju80@gmail.com for more information about the coin.

• Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice reeded edge you got there

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

• Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭

I would either keep it for sentimental reasons, after all it was your grad dads -or- if you really believe it's authentic send it to PCGS, if it comes back graded you will get maximum value for it.

If you send it to PCGS, just be prepared that it will probably come back as bad, but that should not change the fact it still has sentimental value.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2018 12:46PM

@tyler267 said:
    I would either keep it for sentimental reasons, after all it was your grad dads -or- if you really believe it's authentic send it to PCGS, if it comes back graded you will get maximum value for it.

If you send it to PCGS, just be prepared that it will probably come back as bad, but that should not change the fact it still has sentimental value.

I think the intent of the op posting it here is NOT to show it for sentinmental value. The op wants to sell it, hence it was posted here & at bst :o

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

The early dollars that the U.S. Mint issued from 1794 to 1803 had lettered edges. The reeded edges were introduced in 1840 on the Seated Dollars.

This coin is a very bad counterfeit.

Here is a genuine piece with the Small 3 in the date.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The early dollars that the U.S. Mint issued from 1794 to 1803 had lettered edges. The reeded edges were introduced in 1840 on the Seated Dollars.

This coin is a very bad counterfeit.

Here is a genuine piece with the Small 3 in the date.

That’s is a beautiful coin Bill

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    tyler267tyler267 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing said:

@tyler267 said:

I think the intent of the op posting it here is NOT to show it for sentinmental value. The op wants to sell it, hence it was posted here & at bst :o

I know

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2018 10:09AM

Having written a book on these, I can say definitely it is a very crude fake!

Oh, and by the way, the AMERICAI reverse was not used in 1803!!

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even in my reborn naivete, I struggle to believe that trolls really don't exist and that when counterfeit dollars, AU Nickels and parking lot bowtie fantastic cents are posted by newbies with telescope lenses for cameras and zero knowledge of coins, they truly have an honest desire to learn.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@malaikat80 said:

This is all kinds of wrong. You should not be trying to sell anything here - try BST. You should not be posting a phone number or email. The coin is clearly a fake. Please delete this thread before we ask PCGS to do it.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@malaikat80 said:

This is all kinds of wrong. You should not be trying to sell anything here - try BST. You should not be posting a phone number or email. The coin is clearly a fake. Please delete this thread before we ask PCGS to do it.

how to delete the thread? i want to delete it, but i not find the way. please let me know.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2018 5:21PM

malaikat80 I sent the money to your Pay Pal account under Friends and Family as you requested, (even though we don't know each other) let me know when you send the package. Tracking is not necessary, I trust you! Thank you

• Options

@Gluggo said:
    malaikat80 I sent the money to your Pay Pal account under Friends and Family as you requested, (even though we don't know each other) let me know when you send the package. Tracking is not necessary, I trust you! Thank you

Sorry who are you? Im never make any transaction with you. maybe you contact wrong people.

• Options

@malaikat80 said:

@Gluggo said:

Sorry who are you? Im never make any transaction with you. maybe you contact wrong people.

Gluggo was making a joke.

• Options

@malaikat80 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@malaikat80 said:

how to delete the thread? i want to delete it, but i not find the way. please let me know.

You can go up to the "edit" button and simply remove the content.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, you finally believe me and all the others here?

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file