Home Sports Talk
Options

Football season is half over...sort of.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not including the Bowl Games and NFL playoffs.

What have been the surprises?

Here in the desert, the Wildcats are about as expected at 3-5 with the tough part of the schedule approaching. My old favorite college team, Michigan is just outside of the playoff berths and may beat a susceptible Ohio State team this year. That would at least cause Justacommem to poke his head back in the forum.

No comment on the NFL as I have them on ignore. Seems though that the Eagles did better with Foles than they are doing with Wentz. :p

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone seems surprised that Patrick Mahomes has become the next great NFL quarterback.
    Something I had foretold long ago after playing his first NFL game last year, as proven by my sig line.
    No accolades please, I'm just a voice crying out in the wilderness, signaling the beginning of a new age
    of a Chiefs kingdom, lead by the chosen one. Call me a prophet if you will, for a prophet is generally
    not recognized in his own time, but is branded a blasphemer and has stones hurled upon him and
    is cast out upon the waters. Yes, I have endured many hardships for my belief but now my prophesy
    is being realized. Woe unto you who read the sigline but still did not believe.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Everyone seems surprised that Patrick Mahomes has become the next great NFL quarterback.
    Something I had foretold long ago after playing his first NFL game last year, as proven by my sig line.
    No accolades please, I'm just a voice crying out in the wilderness, signaling the beginning of a new age
    of a Chiefs kingdom, lead by the chosen one. Call me a prophet if you will, for a prophet is generally
    not recognized in his own time, but is branded a blasphemer and has stones hurled upon him and
    is cast out upon the waters. Yes, I have endured many hardships for my belief but now my prophesy

hey Socrates did you ever get a new scanner?

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since we are talking the NFL...Diogenes would be more appropriate.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Biggest surprise for me is the Rams.

I knew they were very good but this good? A surprise to me. They look to be head and shoulders above the rest of the NFC and the defense has the talent to improve some. They look like they’re going to end up the champs this year...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Biggest surprise for me is the Rams.

I knew they were very good but this good? A surprise to me. They look to be head and shoulders above the rest of the NFC and the defense has the talent to improve some. They look like they’re going to end up the champs this year...

And Kansas City looked like world beaters at the front end of last season, fell in a heap, barely made the play-offs and had had a quick exit in the play-offs.

The Patriots won the first 18 games of their epic season and then lost the Super Bowl. As a result that great effort is largely forgotten.

It’s too early to crown LA just yet.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

hey Socrates did you ever get a new scanner?

No, but I just had my niece take a pic of some of them.
    My only real regret is I had a chance to buy a contenders blue Beckett 9 (numbered to 25) for a reasonable price
    but didn't pull the trigger. Now they're a lot higher.
    It would have been a good match for my other three contenders graded beckett 9.

• Options
    edited October 23, 2018 4:42PM

The three gold cards on top aren't rookies(the one on the left is the same as the other two)
    they are from 2018 National vip packs. They are numbered to 5 so I have 3 of the 5.
    Wish I had the other 2. LOL.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2018 4:52PM
  • Options

I can't believe those contenders psa 10's are just going through the roof. Amazing!

My favorite as far as just the look of the card are the gold cards on top.
    Another favorite I own is the prizm green scope auto psa 10.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am surprised by how good this NFL season is. By that I mean more than usual.

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2018 8:52AM

Redskins in 1st place in the NFC East (NFC Least) is a surprise. They might be the worst 4-2 team in the past 20 years, (And I'm a Skins Fan). Their QB is terrible, their WR's are terrible. Their best player is a 33 year old RB that nobody wanted. Their coach is clueless. Defense is prone to huge mistakes where they forget to cover. Amazing how far luck can carry a team.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the Eagles will be able to beat the Red Skins. Giants couldn't, but that's not a surprise.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?