Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Give Away ....... $5 Liberty Half eagle Contest - Winner has been announced!

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 13, 2018 9:02PM in U.S. Coin Forum

In CELEBRATION of my 5000 Points mark

1. Share your story of a kind deed toward stranger alike <3

2. Guess the type and year of this Black & White picture Half eagle <3

One post Only

B)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 3, 2018 11:07AM

<3 Thank you @carabonnair for the snap

• Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

1932 $10 Indian
    Cut neighbor's grass due to their inability due to hospitalization

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was working we were going up Haleakala to work on the EMS radio system. On the way down we came across a tourist vehicle pulled to the side of the winding road. We put on our hazard lights and asked if the needed help. Two ladies in the car said "We had a blow-out" and sure enough the right rear tire was flat (only on the bottom B) ) We broke out our jack and got the tire change for these stranded tourists. They were very appreciative and we continued down the mountain with smiles on our faces.

No idea what coin that is

• Options

FYI: my likes are not to indicate whether I agreed with your guess ;)

• Options

You need to do your homework to be in the bucket on this first part of the contest ;)

@Kudbegud said:
    No idea what coin that is

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I helped my friend Tom research an early piece of silver (A cup made in Virginia)
    The coin is a reverse proof Kennedy half. :wink:

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoops. I see it says "stranger" Ok then, I gave those Big Macs to the homeless man a couple of months ago. :)

• Options

OK

A State Quarter. 2008

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to copy my answers from the other thread....

1) Daniel Carr 1933 St. Gaudens token

2) My good deed: last week I thought about pushing a little old lady into the street just for fun, but then I decided not to do it. Does that count?

Or, last week in the parking lot at the supermarket there was a shopping cart next to where I parked and there was a 12 pack of soda on the bottom rack that someone had left there by accident. What do, what to do... Do I just toss it in my car? >:) Or do I take it into the store and leave it at the customer service desk in case the owner comes back for it? o:)

I did the right thing. o:)B) (In case anyone does not know what the right thing is, I took it into the store. :p )

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going up to Jefferson Co. WV, Historical Society Museum on the 22nd to donate several civil war, and pre-civil war letters written by Col. Braxton Davenport and his family. I also have the original documents for the sale of Altona Farm in 1906 by Henry Davenport's wife.

The coin...? How 'bout a Seated Half?

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I interrupted a purchase at a hardware store to give someone a few "hard dollars" (her term -- she meant singles) for a handful of change she had.

2. The prize coin is an 1836 Gobrecht dollar with starred reverse! You're awesome, PF! :)

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Someone cut me off in traffic and I did not flip them off.

I normally take the other path when that happens to me,,,,,, does this qualify me?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2018 12:41PM

I saw someone lose 20$ and I returned it I think that coin will be a 1883 5$ Half eagle

• Options
    edited October 3, 2018 2:57PM

<3

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

I volunteer at a recovery hotline, manning the phone twice a week 12-4. Sometimes the phone does not ring.

1885 Morgan. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

;)

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also bought lunch recently for someone who was not expecting it but deserving.

It was for a local highway worker in my town deli. We had bad storm damage and these guys worked really hard for several weeks to get our roads opened and cleaned up. When it was time for him to pay for his lunch, I stepped up and paid. He was pretty shocked but really appreciative. These guys don't get the recognition that the police and fire dept. get but they keep things running smoothly in our society.

The coin is a 1/10 ounce gold eagle. That looks like an out of focus star on the obv.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

;)

• Options
    edited October 4, 2018 4:32AM

1934 Gold Dan Carr $20 Saint Gaudens.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

New clue new coin guess 1843D Quarter Eagle. Even you can't be that generous.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018 6:13PM

New guess: 1906 $2.50

• Options

2 banged up = 1 free dresser ? :#

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went wandering in the woods off the #3 tee box to find my golf ball, and came out with 3 golf balls and 4 old beer cans. I threw the beer cans away (but then I lost the three golf balls before we got to the #8 tee box).

Coin guess: 1901 $5 Liberty

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    edited October 4, 2018 4:35AM

@Paradisefound said:

2 banged up = 1 free dresser ? :#

• Options

;)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

1893 gold $5

• Options

1853 $1 gold.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I jumped a guy once....

His car battery was dead.

1908 $5.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;):p

• Options

Dan Carr 1933 Saint Gaudens

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple weeks ago I noticed an older gentleman who had fallen trying to go into a locksmith. I pulled the car over to help him get back up and get inside. He was pretty banged up from his fall unfortunately. I'll guess a 1906 $2 1/2.

• Options

;)

• Options

GBU U saved lives <3

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bingo.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

Bing O?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

My good deed to all the strangers here is to not enter this contest affording all of them a better chance to win the prize.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2018 10:39AM

Does the good deed have to be one done by us or can we be the recipient? I still recall in the days after 9-11 coming out of a movie theatre only to find I had a flat tire. I couldn't believe all the people who rushed over to offer their help.

If it has to be a good deed done by me, on Father's Day a year ago my wife and I were visiting in Japan where by chance we ran into someone we had not seen since 1968, a time when all three of us were living Japan. We learned that all of his photos from when he had lived in Japan some 49 years prior had been destroyed in an Idaho flood. As it turned out both my wife and I still had photos of him living in Japan which we were able to email to his family after we returned stateside.

Ironically, among the photos, each of us had one of him transferring out and departing on the train from the respective cities where we had independently known him - even though my wife and I did not know each other at the time. The photo I took was in Kanazawa and the one she had was in Kochi, some 300 miles distant.

OK, my guess as to the coin - 1854 $1 gold.

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. I work next to the county jail. One afternoon a younger fellow came out of the jail, confused, and asked me how he could get home. He had been picked up by police about 20 miles away. I happened to have a bus pass, so gave him that and directions to the bus station a few blocks away.
    2. $5 gold half eagle 1907 D
    <3 to Paradisefound

• Options

1879S Half Eagle.

• Options
    edited October 4, 2018 12:26PM

Please post your guess. Thank you. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji