What happened here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I appreciate the info. Love to learn

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    This is fairly common. The die was slightly out of alignment. Interesting but not worth a premium IMO.

I agree that it is fairly common, that the die was slightly out of alignment and that is not worth a premium. I don't agree that it is interesting. Don't waste your eyesight looking for extremely minor varieties or "errors".

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Common, minor mis-aligned die.

Based on my experience, no error premium
    for this particular dime. They have to look
    'off-center' on the obv., even 3%-5%, to have
    any premium.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

@Insider2 said:
    This is fairly common. The die was slightly out of alignment. Interesting but not worth a premium IMO.

I agree that it is fairly common, that the die was slightly out of alignment and that is not worth a premium. I don't agree that it is interesting. Don't waste your eyesight looking for extremely minor varieties or "errors".

LOL, apparently the CRH police are out in force. I don't know how anyone can find anything w/o wasting their eyes looking at everything. :p

@Search66 You have a good eye for detail to catch something a minor as this and the INTERESTING THING ABOUT IT is you have learned something about coins because of it.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@291fifth said:

@Insider2 said:

LOL, apparently the CRH police are out in force. I don't know how anyone can find anything w/o wasting their eyes looking at everything. :p

@Search66 You have a good eye for detail to catch something a minor as this and the INTERESTING THING ABOUT IT is you have learned something about coins because of it.

My comment regarding wasting one's eyesight is not a joke nor is is something to be laughed at. I suspect I harmed my own eyesight back in the early 1960's by looking through thousands and thousands of coins during the early 1960's coin boom. Today, with the search for often microscopic "errors" or "varieties" the chance for eye damage may be even worse.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth

IMO, eye strain comes with the territory. As I wrote above: I don't know how anyone can find anything w/o wasting their eyes looking at everything.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

common find in my change nothing unusual or special

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not of numismatic value (as stated above), however, you are noticing minor variations. Coin collecting is a learning experience... and it never really ends. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file