Home Precious Metals

Interesting [funny] - She's thinking Silver will hit $200/oz

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/HaDRKAvC7oA

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

With creeping inflation which we've had since we left the gold standard, silver will eventually hit $200 per ounce. Probably not in my life time but eventually it'll get there.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller embellishes products they are selling !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Older video. Wonder what Covina Coins thinks of their statements two years later?

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting video, Boston. :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt I will see silver at $200/oz., though it would be nice... I would certainly welcome that level. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

if silver hits $200 in our life times we better bring wheel barrows to help bring all that cash to where ever were going with it. heck give me a check :)

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will when $200 is worth about $15 in today's money.

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Were there depending on where you look :)

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I like how she countered the need and growth for silver in industry.

COA
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:

I actually saw that bar in the art bar book recently. My brother lives there and I visited San Diego. I'd love to have that bar, but never in a million years would I pay $200! Maybe $40 on a good day...

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

@rte592 said:

I actually saw that bar in the art bar book recently. My brother lives there and I visited San Diego. I'd love to have that bar, but never in a million years would I pay $200! Maybe $40 on a good day...

I have all the other bars in that set.
    I'd spend someone else's $100 to get one and finish the collection.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    https://youtu.be/HaDRKAvC7oA

She's in "good company" with the PM dealers who predicted $5k gold & $100 silver in 2011. ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

She IS in the business of selling, I guess :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018 10:22AM

When gold was $263 in 2001, anyone who said it would hit $1895 within 10 years was crazy.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018 1:23PM

@derryb said:
    When gold was $263 in 2001, anyone who said it would hit $1895 within 10 years was crazy.

I must have a short memory, but I do not recall anyone making that prediction in 2001. Although Jim Sinclair predicted, in 2014 that gold will be at $50,000 sometime in 2020. I'm not holding my breath for that prediction either.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    edited October 7, 2018 2:34PM

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

I must have a short memory, but I do not recall anyone making that prediction in 2001.

Maybe no one wanted to be called crazy. What I meant was "anyone who would have said."

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

I must have a short memory, but I do not recall anyone making that prediction in 2001.

Maybe no one wanted to be called crazy. What I meant was "anyone who would have said."

Actually, for those who believe in relative valuation, such a claim may not have seemed far fetched.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, we'll probably see silver go up 1300% and gold go up 4000% hardee har.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

edited October 7, 2018 9:59PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

Actually, for those who believe in relative valuation, such a claim may not have seemed far fetched.

"Valuation" sounds like another word for fundamentals. Have you not repeatedly chastised those who believe fundamentals support much higher prices than those currently being set by the fractionally-backed futures markets for synthetic gold and silver?

Do you believe relative valuation is a valid investment strategy?

edited October 7, 2018 10:00PM

@Baley said:

On 22 May 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz made the first real-world transaction by buying two pizzas in Jacksonville, Florida for 10,000 BTC. In five days, the price grew 900%, rising from $0.008 to $0.08 for 1 bitcoin.

Bitcoin went from $379 on 1/11/16 to $12,282 in less than 24 months. hardee har.

Never underestimate the power of speculative fever, with or without the fundamentals to support it.

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

"Valuation" sounds like another word for fundamentals. Have you not repeatedly chastised those who believe fundamentals support much higher prices than those currently being set by the fractionally-backed futures markets for synthetic gold and silver?

Do you believe relative valuation is a valid investment strategy?

I do not agree with your first sentence. Valuations and fundamentals are not the same. Yes, I have chastised those who quote "fundamental support" because those folk really have no concept of fundamentals or valuation and say such nonsense as "fundamentals support much higher prices than those currently being set by the fractionally-backed futures markets for synthetic gold and silver?". This is nothing more than hyperbolic BS fueled by ignorance.

If you believe in fundamentals and valuation, then please put a valuation on those fundamentals. What price should PM be valued at, and how did you arrive at that price? Do you have some historical reference to support those prices? What is the stability of those fundamentals? Should a premium be placed on those fundamentals? if so, why? We can easily say a plot of land should be worth $XXX because it holds raw materials, potential for development, desirability or undesirability (location), comparables, ect. A companies stock can be valued via growth prospects, management, income streams, ect. Notice one does not need to cite manipulation or conspiracy or some other contrived means to explain a price. What have you?

Yes, relative valuation can indeed be used as an investment strategy, but fundamentals and relative valuation are not the same. History is strewn with examples of high valuation and poor fundamentals, or of strong fundamentals and poor valuation. And it is strewn with the bodies of failed investors who have not been able to decipher the difference.

edited October 8, 2018 7:33AM

So, relative valuation is nothing more than convertibility? While relative value tells me it takes more (or less) loaves of bread to buy an ounce of gold it does not tell me which one is over (or under) inflated in price. The only relative valuation that paints a true picture is a valuation in the widely accepted currency. That currency price reflects valuation of both the loaf of bread and the ounce of gold using a common denominator.

@derryb said:

@Baley said:

On 22 May 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz made the first real-world transaction by buying two pizzas in Jacksonville, Florida for 10,000 BTC. In five days, the price grew 900%, rising from $0.008 to $0.08 for 1 bitcoin.

Bitcoin went from $379 on 1/11/16 to $12,282 in less than 24 months. hardee har.

Never underestimate the power of speculative fever, with or without the fundamentals to support it.

Choosing a Ponzi scam "asset" bubble with no intrinsic value and in the process of collapsing as your example does not strengthen the argument.

edited October 8, 2018 8:53AM

But I do very much hope to live long enough to see one more irrational speculative fever for gold, because I do like lots of bread, and would like to sell some gold at an all time, inflation- adjusted High, and shop for other things too. Not because i can't buy the stuff anyway, it would just be psychologically pleasing to be right again about holding PMs all these long years..

edited October 8, 2018 9:12AM

double post

edited October 8, 2018 9:14AM

@Baley said:
    But I do very much hope to live long enough to see one more irrational speculative fever for gold, because I do like lots of bread, and would like to sell some gold at an all time, inflation- adjusted High, and shop for other things too. Not because i can't buy the stuff anyway, it would just be psychologically pleasing to be right again about holding PMs all these long years..

appears that an understanding of the power of speculative fever does in fact strengthen the argument.

@derryb said:
    So, relative valuation is nothing more than convertibility? While relative value tells me it takes more (or less) loaves of bread to buy an ounce of gold it does not tell me which one is over (or under) inflated in price.

Yes it does. Know your relatives.