Home Sports Talk
Options

New book says Tom Brady long worried about being 'pushed out' by Bill Belichick

stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24727652/new-book-says-tom-brady-long-worried-being-pushed-bill-belichick

New book says Tom Brady long worried about being 'pushed out' by Bill Belichick

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady felt trapped this past offseason and was not sure he wanted to play anymore for the only NFL coach he has ever had, Bill Belichick, according to a new book on Belichick's life.

"If you're married 18 years to a grouchy person who gets under your skin and never compliments you, after a while you want to divorce him," a source with knowledge of the Brady-Belichick relationship told ESPN's Ian O'Connor, author of "Belichick: The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time," after the 2017 season.

"Tom knows Bill is the best coach in the league, but he's had enough of him. If Tom could, I think he would divorce him."

Comments

• Options

I just thought a brand new book coming out about this, deserved a thread of its own.

The article about the book did offer some interesting insights.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kraft will push Belichek out before he pushes Brady out. Non Pats fans will never understand this

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Kraft will push Belichek out before he pushes Brady out. Non Pats fans will never understand this

Tom Brady - head coach
    Tom Brady - GM
    Tom Brady - part owner (maybe 5% or whatever)

I could see any of those possibilities perhaps one day becoming a reality.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Tom Brady - head coach
    Tom Brady - GM

Part owner seems like the most realistic in my opinion. I think Brady feels he is “Above” doing anything else in his mind. Like not a chance you would ever see him in a booth or on ESPN

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Tom Brady - head coach
    Tom Brady - GM

Part owner seems like the most realistic in my opinion. I think Brady feels he is “Above” doing anything else in his mind. Like not a chance you would ever see him in a booth or on ESPN

When Brady retires as a player in football, I certainly don't see him as the type of guy who would be satisfied resting on his quarterback laurels, and just spend the rest of his life say fly fishing.

Without question he will either stay active in some aspect with the game of football, or perhaps venture into the world of business, possibly even the political arena.

Brady running for governor or congress? I don't think anyone would consider that to be far fetched at all.

• Options

Funny you say that Steve, My father says he will probably get involved in politics which I think is ridiculous. The way I see it is he is going to get a piece of the Patriots organization one way or another, GM or part owner. Or he will be doing whatever Giselle says he is going to do, that’s a strong possibility too

• Options
    edited September 22, 2018 9:21AM

I tend to agree with your father, except I would say "possibly" not "probably."

From what I've seen recently, Brady seems to take a politically correct stance on some issues which tells me that he may be thinking about his ability to be elected in Massachusetts.

But who knows? I doubt if Brady even knows for sure exactly what he wants to do once his QB career is over. However I would presume that he wishes to keep all of his options open.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's made it no secret that he plans to push his TB12 nutritional method and wants to work with other players to prolong their nfl careers.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom is too much of a friggin creepy weirdo to do any football job other than the ernie adams gig.

• Options

He could possibly elope with Guerrero, that’s another theory I have

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    He could possibly elope with Guerrero, that’s another theory I have

tom would be the ladyboy?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady is well past the age when 99% of football players, who aren't place kickers, retire. It's not surprising that time might be catching up with him.

As for the Belichick - Brady relationship, they have been good for each other, but the coach and GM function is more important than one player. If Brady had been drafted by the Cleveland Browns, he'd be retired by now, and few people would remember him.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?