Home Precious Metals
Options

Amazon’s stock is up more than 600% over the past five years!

VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now worth over a trillion USD and soaring ever higher.

finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-worth-1-trillion

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

It still doesn't feed the hungry. Ask me how I know. I'm hungry.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

& neither will PM's..especially Platinum ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't hurt that a taxpayer funded delivery system (USPS) is utilized (at a loss to that system) to get Amazon purchases "the last mile" to the customer. It is estimated that USPS handles over 50% of amazon deliveries.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Amazon, the profit from your stock more than pays for all the crap the wife and kids buy from you. Now if you would just send a robot to assemble the stuff, I'd get my time back too and we'd be square.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

@Baley said:
    Thank you Amazon, the profit from your stock more than pays for all the crap the wife and kids buy from you. Now if you would just send a robot to assemble the stuff, I'd get my time back too and we'd be square.

Your mail carrier is attending evening classes at the Amazon Assembly School. Won't be long before it will be on your front porch, fully assembled.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

I have never thought Amazon stock was fairly valued.
    Shows how wrong I and many others here have been.
    Also reminds me of the old saying...Don’t fight momentum.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can still remember, while living in Seattle, the Amazon radio ads for warehouse space... They were comedic, however, in retrospect, unbelievably accurate. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

& neither will PM's..especially Platinum ;)

That's a fact. Metal cuts deep, but paper cuts hurt, too. I've yet to work in any trade where I didn't get cuts.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon Orders 20,000 Mercedes-Benz Vans. Where did they get that kind of money? :)

wsj.com/articles/amazon-orders-20-000-mercedes-benz-vans-for-delivery

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Doesn't hurt that a taxpayer funded delivery system (USPS) is utilized (at a loss to that system) to get Amazon purchases "the last mile" to the customer. It is estimated that USPS handles over 50% of amazon deliveries.

"Zero tax dollars used. The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations."

https://facts.usps.com/top-facts/

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

1-2% of our business is from Amazon.

• Options
    edited September 5, 2018 9:03PM

@Weiss said:

@derryb said:

"Zero tax dollars used. The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations."

https://facts.usps.com/top-facts/

While the USPS correctly claims that they get no taxpayer dollars for "operating expenses," Congress gives USPS $100 million per year for non-operating expenses.

In 2009, the Postal Service began borrowing money from the U.S. Treasury Department to deal with its troubles. It soon reached its borrowing limit of $15 billion in September 2012. Who do you think will eat that debt since the USPS continues to lose money each year?