Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The "Give-a-gift" to Paradisefound thread. WE DID IT!

124»

Comments

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

money sent ;)

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am saddened that I am just now seeing this. :( I would love to have helped.

That coin is going to a great home!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3 !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went camping for two days, come back and see this. Way to go to all involved!

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2018 9:16PM

I have been off-the-grid for the bigger majority of the weekend, but this was a fabulous idea! @Paradisefound truly is a giving and deserving member of this piece. I thought that the embedded plastic was a "kiss" on the hair of the Sacajawea, but I can see a flower as well. Bravo and well done to the contributors of this coin!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 10:25AM

I appreciate and love your thought <3 .... it's a gift in itself :)

@asheland said:
    I am saddened that I am just now seeing this. :( I would love to have helped.

That coin is going to a great home!

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has to be the greatest thread on this board ever!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 1:30PM

@SeattleSlammer said:
    This reminds me of when I joined years ago and you all banded together to send me a stick of deodorant.

And we can see that you still have plenty of it left. :D:D:D

Actually I was not here then, but if they could smell it over the Internet it must have been pretty bad.... :o

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@SeattleSlammer said:
    This reminds me of when I joined years ago and you all banded together to send me a stick of deodorant.

And we can see that you still have plenty of it left. :D:D:D

Actually I was not here then, but if they could smell it over the Internet it must have been pretty bad.... :o

:mrgreen::open_mouth:

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am so happy for Miss Paradisefound as she became immortal with this SAC. I really wish there is a way to convince our host and reslab this coin to be known as Paradisefound Error. This coin was meant for her and a token of friendship from all of us on this forum.

• Options

That would be pretty neat if our host could do that, I'm in favor of it, hope it can happen !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:
    I am so happy for Miss Paradisefound as she became immortal with this SAC. I really wish there is a way to convince our host and reslab this coin to be known as Paradisefound Error. This coin was meant for her and a token of friendship from all of us on this forum.

Great idea. Anyone have any inside contacts at PCGS? Would make for a cute story for their newsletter. Maybe it could go on tour to a coin show or two. Good publicity all around.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:

That's a good idea!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

If PCGS will not do it, perhaps another TPGS will.

That may get the ball rolling with our host. In fact, a custom label could be made with her icon on it!

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

This coin needs to stay in PCGS Mint Error Plastic.

A free Pedigree from PCGS would cost them next to nothing (less than $25 ;) ) and the goodwill would be worth thousands, IMO.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

A free Pedigree from PCGS would cost them next to nothing (less than $25 ;) ) and the goodwill would be worth thousands, IMO.

This coin is a spectacular error no matter what slab it is in. While it's worth the $25 to pay for the PCGS "special" label, will they do it??

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can do it too

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2018 2:59PM

As a last resort a note can be attached to the registry certificate number saying "ParadiceFound Error Coin"
    It may be a single coin registry set but that's OK.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

This coin is a spectacular error no matter what slab it is in. While it's worth the $25 to pay for the PCGS "special" label, will they do it??

Honestly, It does matter.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 6:44PM

Great that came fast. Hope you are happy with it. Your turn to get something.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin arrived in record time! Great shots, and I will update the beginning of this thread to save everybody time in reading all this!
    Enjoy!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

Congratulations to Paradisefound. It was a fun post !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

So Cool! :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hell Yeah ;) !!!

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jedm said:
    I got a rebate... sure wasn't expected but it's nice to have more participation. Have a great Labor Day everyone!

Finally figured this out.
    I received $25 from TS (thanks TS), but why?
    I was expecting to donate my $50 to the PS fund and THAN I get $25 from Turbosnail.
    Why not just throw all of the money towards the PS fund?
    I don't need no rebate.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raybo said:

@jedm said:
    I got a rebate... sure wasn't expected but it's nice to have more participation. Have a great Labor Day everyone!

Finally figured this out.
    I received $25 from TS (thanks TS), but why?
    I was expecting to donate my $50 to the PS fund and THAN I get $25 from Turbosnail.
    Why not just throw all of the money towards the PS fund?
    I don't need no rebate.

Sharing is caring~ It's not about the money. Please let some of our late comers join this event and show a little appreciation to her also ;)

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

She seems to be having a bit more fun than my Travelocity Gnome ;)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed this thread due to being in the 49th state (missed @Paradisefound by 1 state) for a couple weeks on land and at sea!

This was as good or better than a perfect wave!

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018 8:34PM

<3 With my colleagues pulling it together .... I am trying to return the favor ...this for our brother @crazyhounddog <3

• Options

Very nice gesture !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry I missed this thread. It was a very nice gesture and it couldn't have been for a nicer person/poster.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

This. This thread and several others is what made me change from being a reader (i.e. lurker) to a paricipant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file