Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fake pcgs 1909-s vdb on ebay help shut it down

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad photographs are the indicator. This guy says they are bad because he is in a wheelchair. His wheelchair should be in a jail cell somewhere with him in it. Almostly equally reprehensible are the unlucky 13 bids that have been placed on this thing. Some people are too greedy or stupid to ever learn.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know that wheelchairs had cameras.....Wow!

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite a few people think it's good. Its ashame

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy !!! :(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

The old Vaseline smeared over the lens trick.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

The photos alone should be a huge clue something is wrong.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pics are so horrible that I don't see how you can determine that it's a fake. By the slab?

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a lot of money for a penny more than I would want to pay.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported.

• Options

@AUandAG said:
    Pics are so horrible that I don't see how you can determine that it's a fake. By the slab?

bob :)

The slab is fake.
    Can't tell about the coin...it likely is too.
    But the holder is a poor fake.

• Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

That reverse pic sold it for me, what a beauty. I bid ALL THE MONEY!!

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Bad photographs are the indicator. This guy says they are bad because he is in a wheelchair. His wheelchair should be in a jail cell somewhere with him in it. Almostly equally reprehensible are the unlucky 13 bids that have been placed on this thing. Some people are too greedy or stupid to ever learn.

The other indicator is, SELLER DOES NOT ACCEPT RETURNS".

thefinn
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing has been removed!

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, it's gone. Well done those with enough influence that eBay will listen to you!

thefinn
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing is gone.... If that picture above is representative, then no one should have bid....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see the images before it got yanked, but if that reverse is any indication of the picture of the obverse.... yeah... pass!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

The PCGS slab was obviously fake....the pic was too bad to tell about the coin, but it would likely be a safe assumption that it was also fake or altered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file