Home Precious Metals
Options

Shipping times, what is unacceptable for in stock CC purchase

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

On day 10 after a CC order for in stock bullion, not even processing, service call person seemed totally irritated when I called to make sure there were no issues. Gave this company another shot after a ridiculous delay a few years ago, after multiple orders with no issue. I will not recommend or use this Texas company again.

What is your annoyance factor time frame on shipping an order that shows in stock and is paid for? Multiple folks have reported order/ship/received times since mine on the same items.

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure this bullion was actually in stock? ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

Still shows in stock

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, 3 business days, maybe.....

If I had called them to ask about any issues, I would have followed up and asked them 3 questions:

1) Is it REALLY in stock?
    2) What's the company's policy on how long it should take if it shows "in stock"?
    3) What is that CSR's personal thoughts on how long they think is acceptable if making an online purchase as to when something "in stock" should be shipped?

I've actually done variations of the above when I had called to companies about issues. I treat them as I would want to be treated, tell them that, tell them I am not upset, at that point, with them as a person, but rather policies and company, and proceed to ask those types of questions

(Note: I have been a CSR Lead/Manager in the past for a VERY large company and fielded questions/complaints all day long, so I know what it is like)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

After 10 days I would call them and cancel the order and then call my credit card company and reverse the charges.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

A wise man on the forum here once said " Never deal with anyone in Texas or Florida" :D I would add delaware to that list

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2018 6:15AM

I do not deal with PM dealers who do not accept E check payments. The normal waiting time on e check's is around 3 to 4 working days. There is no excuse for a 10 day waiting period on cc purchases, unless there is an issue either with the order or your cc.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would certainly cease doing business with a company like that. I expect shipment upon payment. I am not a tolerant person when it comes to customer service. I also highly laud those companies with great customer service, and become an unpaid sales rep for them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

I would say no more than 3 buisiness days for the item(s) to ship. 10 days is completely unacceptable! Of course, the company itself knows this. I honestly hope everything works out to your favor. Hang in there and try not to lose your cool. Obviously, this is easier said than done.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the name of the company?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

post like these remind me of what a long stretch of relative peace our country has enjoyed.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

I called again yesterday and got the same 'warehouse is busy, shipping is happening, we'll put a rush on your order to hopefully mail out tomorrow (today)' blah blah blah.

How the hell long does it take to put 2 rcm tubes in the box and ship it, sigh.,

With no shipping notification as of today, and now one of the items showing out of stock I will say - it's Provident. Order will be cancelled if I hear no progress by EOD tomorrow.

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

If you order on Sunday and its not out by next Friday the gig is up...

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

In reality it should be the next day; they are not shipping vintage speakers across the country...

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shipping times, what is unacceptable for in stock CC purchase

Beyond three business days is unacceptable in such a situation.

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

i usually have good dealings with Provident and will use them again

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cancel.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Some super fan on their FB page told me to file a complaint with the Dallas BBB when I made a comment about my order being on day 13 after confirmed payment, ha! What a joke that is as they’ve lost their accreditation some time ago.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. I would cancel if I was you.

• Options

Well it actually went into 'processing' yesterday afternoon so I'm letting it ride. We'll see how long it takes to ship.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the longest I ever had to wait is 8 days, in a 20 year span

• Options

Shipping label printed. This is my soap opera...

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

usually the 10 day hold is for checks not CC so to me its too long.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

Ordered 90% on August 22 via echeck, received today.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the company name? This is a warning sign, very much like the warning signs that happened with Northwest Territorial Mint and Tulving. You aren't helping members here by not disclosing the name of the company.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    What is the company name? This is a warning sign, very much like the warning signs that happened with Northwest Territorial Mint and Tulving. You aren't helping members here by not disclosing the name of the company.

My 3rd post named them. Provident

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 3rd post named them. ProvidentMy 3rd post named them. Provident

jmski<-----duh

Encountering rudeness over the phone when asking about an order that you've paid good money for...……..is unacceptable, especially when you've paid by cc and especially when they showed the item in stock.

Sorry about the comment. Good luck with the order.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mission16 said:
    Ordered 90% on August 22 via echeck, received today.

Mine was ordered on 8/23 via echeck & it also arrived on 8/30. Which btw has been the norm on my orders.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

I've dealt with them before and honestly only had 2 orders have been not so timely. The previous late one was over a month I believe before I got it.

Tracking shows Tues delivery next week, so almost 3 weeks if that holds, but I'm guessing Wed/Thurs will be reality.

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

i believe i had an order in with northwest when their troubles began, took 5 months before i received my order, my wife and i liked their products too....quite a bit of a difference than a few weeks delay like op is dealing with, imho

• Options

The price drops in metals could certainly be causing problems for bullion dealers that depend on continued sales to stay in business.

• Options

Surprise delivery today, very happy with that! Now the dilemma is to break roll seals and inspect or not....

• Options
    roob47roob47 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

Well that turned out good? Glad you got your order!

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    Surprise delivery today, very happy with that! Now the dilemma is to break roll seals and inspect or not....

Leave them sealed....ahhh, break and inspect.....leave them....idk .

• Options

@shinywhite said:

@DrBuster said:

Leave them sealed....ahhh, break and inspect.....leave them....idk .

I have never left a seal unbroken, ha! ....what I got these for they’re bullion to me and probably everyone else. One roll supposedly is a ‘limited’ mintage issue of 250k, if you call that limited. I’ll prob bust them open before they go out of site.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2018 5:31PM

made a $500 purchase from bullion exchanges on ebay 8/24. Finally got a tracking number but has still not been delivered to the post office nine days after the purchase. Unacceptable. Will not do business with them again.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

@derryb said:
    made a $500 purchase from bullion exchanges on ebay 8/24. Finally got a tracking number but has still not delivered to the post office nine days after the purchase. Unacceptable. Will not do business with them again.

The rule is if prices are cratering don't front metal . I get it in my hand and I give the guy cash. He is happy to be out and I'm happy to be in and nobody owes anybody anything.