Home Precious Metals
Options

What would the markets do if????

Lets hypothetically say and keep the politics out if Trump was impeached would the Markets crash, he states if he was impeached the markets would crash. I agree if he was impeached the uncertainty and the unknow I think would crash the markets , as for gold it would follow but would that start a new bull market in the metals? If he goes I think the run would come before the 2022 mark depending on the timing 1 year left in office 6 months etc.

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, I wish I had a crystal ball !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Trump were impeached (extremely unlikely) and removed from office, Mike Pence would become president. Does the left hate Trump that much that they would be willing to get a far more conservative president?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

FED controls the markets, not the white house.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

So, if Trump declares war on China, it won't effect the markets?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

But they do not control panic.

• Options
    edited August 25, 2018 6:56AM

@PerryHall said:

@derryb said:

So, if Trump declares war on China, it won't effect the markets?

Trump's economic war with China is in full swing. Market reaction?

• Options

@oldstandard said:

@derryb said:

Panic is perception. FED is quite skillful at controlling financial perception, proven in the aftermath of the last major crisis.

• Options

@derryb said:

@oldstandard said:

@derryb said:

Panic is perception. FED is quite skillful at controlling financial perception, proven in the aftermath of the last major crisis.

I would not call what they did last time skillful from my eye's maybe years after just kicking more problems down the road, look what happened at the front end I think panic would set in the majority of the people that voted for trump view pence as the a club member and controllable and back to the same old thing. He would never get reelected that is not what the majority want and why trump is in I really believe things would tank if fear of the future and policy changes Ryan's tax reform was great and needed but will be reversed in the future all with other policies.

• Options

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2018 7:23AM

Nice read, I think he has nailed the metals again it is lining up for the possible fall like he has be saying even though II am stacking right now if silver does go to the 11 mark I will just buy some more. My ration is at 100 to 1 on silver to gold metals are just insurance for me.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think if impeachment were to happen crash is a strong word. I’d be more worried about the millions of die hard fans of the prez going ape “s”

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do not worry... Impeachment will not happen...This is all hype and mirrors... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a big difference between impeachment and removal from office. I doubt that either will happen.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

If something drastic happens, and metals spike, lots of us aging bagholders will get one more, and perhaps last, chance to cash out for a decent profit, and redeem our lost relative opportunity cost on those dollars spent. And possibly say a very rare "I told you so" to the PM naysayers who were so often, frustratingly correct.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry