Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1891 Morgan Accurately graded?

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was following this listing, is this under-graded?

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/35962489

Comments

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless it has a serious luster shortage or was obviously dipped I'd say it belongs in an MS 64 holder.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would sure give it a plus.......

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a good day it could four. But unless I saw it in hand, I wouldn't assume an automatic upgrade from that picture. There's a fair amount of visible chatter in the obverse fields and a couple distracting marks in the reverse field.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a 63.....if you click on the coinfacts link, you get to view a 66.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a strong 3... I'd give it a 4 myself.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2018 1:14PM

A nice 63 - the combo of chatter on the cheek and in the fields too much for a 64 - if the cheek or field were cleaner then it might get a 64.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:
    A nice 63 - the combo of chatter on the cheek and in the fields too much for a 64 - if the cheek or field were cleaner then it might get a 64.

This...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm concerned about the dull spot that sweeps through the middle of the cheek. If that is some sort of wipe, the coin could be over graded. If not, then it might be an MS-64.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would venture it will go for in-between money. PCGS pricing is $185-63; $500-64. Question is how close to the top.

thefinn
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

From the picture I say 64.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file