Home Sports Talk
Options

Do the Yankees win 100 games this season?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Needing to go 32-21 or better to do so.

I say negative.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if they do, they are locked into a wildcard game.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

True, but if they lose the WC it will be better remembered if they were a 100 win team.

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

97 - 65

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigmarty58 said:
    97 - 65

This but in a twist , they get over 100 by sweeping the red sox in the playoffs :D

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@bigmarty58 said:
    97 - 65

This but in a twist , they get over 100 by sweeping the red sox in the playoffs :D

In your dreams. The Red Sox have too much pitching for that to happen. These are not your father's Red Sox.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@bronco2078 said:

@bigmarty58 said:
    97 - 65

In your dreams. The Red Sox have too much pitching for that to happen. These are not your father's Red Sox.

price wins 2 meaningless games and he is suddenly ok? :D

We got no pitching , Sale is frail , price aint nice there we are down 2 games out of the hole

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Say whatever you want or analyze it any way you want about the Sox they have the best record in baseball and that doesn’t happen by luck air accident. They are a great team and are playing at s very high level. I mean they just swept the Yankees to go up 9.5 games and people are knocking them?? LOL OK

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Say whatever you want or analyze it any way you want about the Sox they have the best record in baseball and that doesn’t happen by luck air accident. They are a great team and are playing at s very high level. I mean they just swept the Yankees to go up 9.5 games and people are knocking them?? LOL OK

A friend of mine's Daughter got engaged at the Park Saturday night on the big screen did you see it. We couldn't get it where we live. She has always been a Red Sox fan, so her boyfriend took her to Boston so he could purpose to her there.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Doesn’t matter. I’m they are in the playoffs, they have a chance.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

It's just too bad, so sad that the Red Sox are going to lose to the Phillies in the sixth or seventh game in the upcoming World Series.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I think they do win 100 games. 30-21 the rest of the way sounds reasonable. That's a .588 winning percentage. Their current % for the season is .625.

Daniel
  • Options

91-56

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    91-56

Should land right on 100 wins.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

They can make a special T shirt to commemorate the event

• Options

@1970s said:
    Yankees suck

Tell that to a Tigers fan.

• Options

95-60

• Options

Seven games left and they have 95 wins. Changing my answer from August 8 to no. :D

Daniel
  • Options

97-61

• Options

98-61 now with 3 games to go. Really 100 wins is just a round number. The big prize is the championship and I'm not sure they have what it takes just yet, at least based on performance since the all-star break.

Daniel
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going to give it until Sunday and then answer.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

1 :o:o

• Options

I said yes way back when....and they did it. But the Red Sox did even better!!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well they did it. “The Skunks” will be a force in the play-offs. The question is, will the Red Sox be able to play up to their regular season standards?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:
    91-56

Not a bad call..

• Options

@grote15 said:

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:
    91-56

Not a bad call..

Tim wins!!

Daniel
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@grote15 said:

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:
    91-56

Not a bad call..

Tim wins!!

Good call.

I think i read that first prize was a lifetime free membership to CU Sports Talk.

Congratulations

BTW: Second prize was two lifetime free memberships. ;)

• Options

No......@grote15 gets to pick one NFL Football team that no one can talk about for a FULL year! ;):):oB)