Home Precious Metals
Options

*** The Official August 2018 Precious Metals Buy Sell Trade Thread ***

LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have any Precious Metal items that you are selling, please post a reply to this thread with description, asking price, shipping and accepted methods of payment. Photos of items for sale are definitely a plus and having your User Profile turned on helps as well.

If you have any Precious Metal items that you are actively looking to purchase, post a reply to this thread expressing what it is you are looking for and what you're willing to pay.

Please do not make any extra threads on this subject matter in the Precious Metals forum.

This one thread will be active for all of August 2018; when September 2018 comes around we'll start a new thread and this one will no longer be active.

Thank you

It's all about what the people want...

Comments

• Options
    BLee23BLee23 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭

Own this group of (4) 10 ounce bars including one Oxford Extruded, one 12th series Variety B Engelhard landscape, one 12th series Variety C Engelhard landscape, and one 7th series pour with a pre-waffle serial number and 2 great ripply dimples on the reverse.

$787 shipped SFRB.

PayPal FF or Venmo.

Successful BST Transactions: sinin1, Kryptonitecomics, seemyauction, RyGuy, cucamongacoin, holeinone1972, Ciccio, sbeverly, Gerard, Topstuf, Downtown1974, CaptHenway, PerryHall, Barndog, LukeMarshall, Cent1225, commoncents05, Soldi, SurfinxHI
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2018 2:30PM

Time to tidy up a bit, just let me know if anyone has an interest: ****BU & Proof 90% Silver Rolls ****

Terms (7/27) - I prefer PayPal gift, or PayPal + 3%. Checks or money orders will take time for the funds to be secured and will delay shipment. No shipping costs to you. Ships Priority Mail / Insured.

1964-P Proof Roll of Washington Quarters, properly stored, generally nice coins but not perfect, plastic tubes (4 rolls available)........$150/roll.

1943-P BU Roll of Washington Quarters in a plastic tube. The coins look to be in good and acceptable condition for a roll of BU silver quarters from the WW2 era...…sold

1959-P BU Washington Quarter Rolls, original & never opened, in Mfg'd by Sattley Co. paper wrappers. Bought in 2006 from the same guy out of Brooklyn who sold me a bunch of original dime rolls. I've reinforced a couple of them with Scotch tape for posterity. On one end, the end coins are very "crusty" and the other end is paper. all sold

Terms (7/27) - I prefer PayPal gift, or PayPal + 3%. Checks or money orders will take time for the funds to be secured and will delay shipment. No shipping costs to you. Ships Priority Mail / Insured.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2018 4:47AM

10 Ounce MPM - SOLD

Edit: lower price

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2018 6:05AM

Thank you

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2018 2:00PM

Homestake Mining Kilo class bar, 1982, 32.16 oz. Tough to find and highly collectible. The last 2 10 oz class bars went for $1120 and $1333 respectively on Ebay.

$1655 shipped, non-fee payment. PM if interested.

• Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

1 ounce platinum Valcambi .9995 bar (new with certificate) for sale. Asking $875 each delivered (I have 2 available). Price is good with check/money order/Pay Pal Gift. If paying by normal PayPal, the price is $900 each delivered to cover my fees. Please PM if interested.

• Options
    PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2018 3:47PM

Delete

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018 6:45AM

Monday EDIT:
    Just picked up some Mercs, will now consider more of those as well as WL halves in similar condition as stated below.
    Paying in the 11x range, LMK what you have!

WTB Mercury Dimes
    Looking for anything up to $150 face in nice mixed condition Merc dimes with some nice condition coins still there.
    NOT looking for a big bag filled with culls, AG / G coins only, or all the nicer stuff picked out.
    Eyeing a good deal on another forum, but thought I'd see what else is possible.
    Contact me with details, pictures are a big plus.
    Thanks!

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2018 7:44AM

Nil

• Options
    BLee23BLee23 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018 11:40AM

(5) vintage 1 ounce art bars. $95 $90 shipped.

Successful BST Transactions: sinin1, Kryptonitecomics, seemyauction, RyGuy, cucamongacoin, holeinone1972, Ciccio, sbeverly, Gerard, Topstuf, Downtown1974, CaptHenway, PerryHall, Barndog, LukeMarshall, Cent1225, commoncents05, Soldi, SurfinxHI
  • Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

• Options
    edited August 12, 2018 6:34PM

^^^ mostly .925 silver and 90% silver for sale. There are 5 war nickels in the batch and also a@ 3/4 oz of .999 fine silver for sale... I understand it's not a whole bunch but just trying to get my name out there as one of the good guys....open for trades as well. Mixture of Rosie's, mercs, walkers, Kennedys, and washies with 5 35% war nickels along with an assortment of .925 jewelry. Note: only 2 of the .925 hasn't been cleaned. They still have the jewel within. Which makes little to no difference of the the weight. Comes out to 8.25 ounces .$115.oo and I will pay postage... I also put a surprise in the batch only the buyer will recieve.

• Options

^^^ comes with a money back guarantee. 10 day return.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018 4:55AM

Shineywhite.....your lot contains quite a bit less than 8.5oz. There are 31.1 grams in an oz, but you also have other considerations. Looks like about $4.65 fv in 90% coin---sell for about $50. The sterling will sell for about 75% of melt. So weigh it separately, multiply it by .925 then multiply by (75% of 15.15).

The 5 war nicks contain about 1/4 oz (8 grams) of silver, yet account for about 25 grams on your scale. So you are overestimating by 1/2 oz right there.

This will help you get closer to value to a prospective buyer.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shinywhite ... there are 31.1 grams per troy ounce, which is the system used for precious metals. You calculated your weight based on the avoirdupois system (28.35 grams per ounce).

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2018 7:45AM

I apologize for this. I made a mistake. It is actually 6.78 troy ounces. Thusly bringing the price to $103.00. Once again, I apologize for that

• Options

@cohodk said:
    Shineywhite.....your lot contains quite a bit less than 8.5oz. There are 31.1 grams in an oz, but you also have other considerations. Looks like about $4.65 fv in 90% coin---sell for about $50. The sterling will sell for about 75% of melt. So weigh it separately, multiply it by .925 then multiply by (75% of 15.15).

The 5 war nicks contain about 1/4 oz (8 grams) of silver, yet account for about 25 grams on your scale. So you are overestimating by 1/2 oz right there.

This will help you get closer to value to a prospective buyer.

Correct sir.....I apologize for the miscalculation....

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to apologize. Good luck on your sale/trade.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Sold^^^

• Options
    salmonratsalmonrat Posts: 123 ✭✭

Cool old Sunshine Mint 50 oz bar

$1,100 shipped. PayPal F&F.

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    No need to apologize. Good luck on your sale/trade.

Yep ... no need. We are all learning.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018 1:26PM

Vintage Royal Canadian Mint SOLD

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

$30 face franklins - $337 shipped net to me

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2018 10:15AM

I loaded all the photos on my phone and it is really confusing for me to go through and edit and price so... I am going to price things down here.

10 oz bars except Geiger bar $160 net to me
    10 oz Geiger bar Sold
    2 ea 5 oz silver loaves- they are serial #90 & 91. $80 ea net to me
    Englehard 1 oz bar $20 net to me

Various 1 oz rounds. There are 20 total. The Daytona Bike Week are super cool
    The USA dark toned Patriotic oz are freaking awesome

If you want all 20 then lets do $350 net to me.

I am open to offers. Lowered a price and sold somethings....

If you do not see any silver you want but would like to try some awesome all natural dog treats please go www.labarkeria.dog and if you let me know before placing your order I can waive shipping charges! This my wonderful wife's new endeavor!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Relaxn .... Some very nice silver there.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited August 21, 2018 2:38PM

1924 PCGS MS65 Saint Gaudens **SOLD! **

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2018 8:36AM

2003 PCGS MS70 1 Ounce Gold Eagle SOLD!

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2018 5:25PM
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

1990 Sturgis Rally 1oz Silver. Will trade for 3oz of 999 silver round or bar. Or $4.50 Face 90%.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cappidoc1 said:

please contact us for more details

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    edited August 25, 2018 5:23AM

Sold!

--Severian the Lame
  • Options

@Weiss
    If I collected bars I would snatch that one up :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss
    PM sent

• Options
    edited August 28, 2018 6:22AM

Franklin Mint Silver US Presidents Mini-Coin Set SOLD!!

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    silverstreaksilverstreak Posts: 225 ✭✭
    edited August 30, 2018 7:02AM

FSHO until this weekend then going to EBAY as well. Various GOLD for sale 3 each 1 oz 2015 GOlD Britania's $1300 each. 1 each 2016 1 0z gold britania $1310. 1 ea 2009 1 oz gold Canadian maple leaf $1300. 1 each 1/2 ounce gold 2015 maple leaf.

Terms - I prefer PayPal gift, or PayPal with fee but add 3% to price. Checks or money orders accepted but needs to clear bank so extra time for shipping. USPS Priority mail included.

Many BST transactions several years ago. Have not sold anything since 2011 or so. Only selling some now because I want to do some paper options on gold.

Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2018 7:43AM

(10) Pieces 2012 Mulligan Mint "Silver Bullet/Silver Shield In Debt And Death They Trust" .999 Round

Rare 10 piece group of early Mulligan Mint In Debt And Death They Trust "alternate currency" one troy ounce .999 silver pieces.

Mulligan Mint was wildly popular and sought after when they burst on the scene, only to crash and burn in bankruptcy 5 years ago. High relief matte obverse with proof reverse.

A few handling marks and whisps on the reverse proof surfaces.

Awesome pieces just in time for Halloween!!

Asking just $237 plus $3 shipping

REDUCED! ASKING $225 SHIPPED!!

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Does this thing use batteries or a power supply? Can you use it for sterling silver?

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2018 7:42PM

Looking to buy some of the blue cardboard Apmex boxes if anyone has these. Assorted sizes welcome. Please let me know quantity you have and price with shipping.

****found what I needed*****

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean the heavy duty ones that are self hinged?

Yes, those are nice boxes,,,, I always keep all of mine to reuse.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I have never seen one, any pics? :smile:

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    You mean the heavy duty ones that are self hinged?

Yes, those are nice boxes,,,, I always keep all of mine to reuse.

Yes...they’re great! Wish they sold them on their web site.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go,,,, this is the small one,,,,, I have several larger ones also.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

Thanks for the pic @GRANDAM :smile:

• Options
    gsxrjttgsxrjtt Posts: 12
    edited September 13, 2018 7:48AM

Homestake Mine Silver bar early pour. Pm If interested.

• Options
    edited September 14, 2018 12:26PM

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2018 12:26PM

--Severian the Lame