Home Sports Talk
Options

Will your favorite NFL team win ten or more games this year?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or 9 or less?

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping that every team goes 8-8 this year.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to seeing Deshaun Watson coming back from his ACL injury,he was so fun to watch before getting hurt last season. If him & JJ Watt come back healthy the Texans would be my darkhorse pick in the AFC. Mobile QBs usually give the Patriots fits when they play one. As for the Pats I'll go with the usual 12-4/13-3 season with some losses early in the year where they usually start the season still trying to figure things out. Not having Edelman the first four games might slow their offense down a bit till he gets back.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vikings 10 or more wins. The problem is the Eagles in the playoffs. Perhaps the Vikes can get home field, that might help.

Cousins better be good. Keenum looked fine to me.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eagles win 10 games in a breeze if Wentz can stay healthy.

If he doesn't, sad to say, the Eagles will have trouble repeating as Super Bowl champs.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

50-50 chance. If I had to pick one I'd probably go with under.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

I think the NFC is gonna be stacked this year and we might see a 10 win team miss the playoffs. Eagles,Rams,Vikings & Saints all have a legit shot at the #1 &#2 seeds. Then you have the Cowboys,Packers,Panthers,Falcons & Seahawks all capable of 10+ wins.
    The AFC mostly has the Pats,Steelers,Broncos & Jags then a handful of teams that can make the playoffs or just as likely be drafting in the top 10.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jags, Steelers will be the only AFC team to challenge NE in my opinion. I think Watson will be good again with Houston but not quite as good as last season before he got hurt, it’s tough coming back from that injury and being 100%, Watt will get hurt again per usual, I’m not thinking the Texans will be much of a threat.

• Options

Oh I say the Pats will have a routine 12-4 Season and make a run in the playoffs again

• Options
    edited July 27, 2018 6:57PM

@perkdog said:
    Jags, Steelers will be the only AFC team to challenge NE in my opinion. I think Watson will be good again with Houston but not quite as good as last season before he got hurt, it’s tough coming back from that injury and being 100%, Watt will get hurt again per usual, I’m not thinking the Texans will be much of a threat.

I just hope he isn't the second coming of RG3. I put the Broncos up there too after getting the best rusher in the draft to an already very good defense then added a competent QB in Keenum.

• Options

New York Giants with Saquon Barkley go 16-0

Oh, excuse me...19-0

Oh...excuse me again...23-0, almost forgot about them preseason games.

• Options

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

Nope the Giants go into the SB at 18-0 then after the game Brady has his foot on Eli's chest as he stands over him holding the Lombardi in one hand and the SB MVP in the other. >:)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

Nope the Giants go into the SB at 18-0 then after the game Brady has his foot on Eli's chest as he stands over him holding the Lombardi in one hand and the SB MVP in the other. >:)

If there's one "blemish", if it should be called that, on the great run that the Belichick-Brady combo has had, it's that game.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since my teams are are the Eagles and the Patriots, I would say yes. Don’t take me as a championship team chaser. I have followed the Eagles since 1960 and the Patriots since the early 1980s. There have been a lot of losing seasons for both teams during that stretch.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

If there's one "blemish", if it should be called that, on the great run that the Belichick-Brady combo has had, it's that game.

I doubt we ever see a third times a charm in this case for Tom.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the year the Patriots implode. Bill has been a massive tool , I think he has lost the team

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

Obviously the last Super Bowl was my favorite. But that Super Bowl two seasons ago was not only the greatest Super Bowl i ever saw, but the greatest comeback win in a football game that i ever saw. An incredible, almost unbelievable, almost impossible comeback.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    This is the year the Patriots implode. Bill has been a massive tool , I think he has lost the team

I'll believe that once I actually see it. 99% of the drama is these idiots we have on the radio insinuating that everything said,not said,done,not done in Foxboro is part of some large conspiracy.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2018 8:28PM

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

Obviously the last Super Bowl was my favorite. But that Super Bowl two seasons ago was not only the greatest Super Bowl i ever saw, but the greatest comeback win in a football game that i ever saw. An incredible, almost unbelievable, almost impossible comeback.

That Seahawks comeback with a Butler pick to seal it wasn't too shabby either.

One thing you can say about Brady and the Pats is if they're in the SB you'll get a great game,win or lose.

• Options

The Seahawks Super Bowl was epic because of one of the dumbest coaching moves ever and Butler being coached for that exact play over and over in practice. The Falcons Super Bowl has it ALL! Dumb coaching on Atlanta ( Ryan crucial Sack ) clutch gutsy plays for a BIBLICAL comeback that will be nearly impossible to ever see again, greatest Super Bowl EVER! I can honestly say I would feel that way even if I wasn’t a homer

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

One thing you can say about Brady and the Pats is if they're in the SB you'll get a great game,win or lose.

Another thing you can say about the Pats in the Super Bowl is they will be down immediately and will be playing catch up early and often. It’s amazing how they just can’t dominate a Super Bowl ever, it’s one of the biggest anomalies of all time

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

Another thing you can say about the Pats in the Super Bowl is they will be down immediately and will be playing catch up early and often. It’s amazing how they just can’t dominate a Super Bowl ever, it’s one of the biggest anomalies of all time

Last time i checked, the Patriots are the favorite to win the upcoming season Super Bowl.

When's the last time a team was favorite to win a Super Bowl, with a 41 year old QB, and a 66 year old head coach? LOL

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Oh, excuse me...19-0

I was thinking the same as I typed that comment last night. They just can't seem to blow any team out in the SB. The largest leads they had in any of the Brady/BB SBs were 14 vs the Rams and 11 vs the Panthers. Both games came down to a Vinatieri FG to win.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    The Seahawks Super Bowl was epic because of one of the dumbest coaching moves ever and Butler being coached for that exact play over and over in practice. The Falcons Super Bowl has it ALL! Dumb coaching on Atlanta ( Ryan crucial Sack ) clutch gutsy plays for a BIBLICAL comeback that will be nearly impossible to ever see again, greatest Super Bowl EVER! I can honestly say I would feel that way even if I wasn’t a homer

No comeback will ever top that Falcons game. I think the best part of beating Seattle was knowing the Seahawks destroyed Peyton & his highest scoring offense in NFL history the season before yet couldn't stop Brady with the game on the line. Us Pats fans have been pretty lucky during this Brady-Belichik run.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2018 8:32PM

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

No comeback will ever top that Falcons game. I think the best part of beating Seattle was knowing the Seahawks destroyed Peyton & his highest scoring offense in NFL history the season before yet couldn't stop Brady with the game on the line. Us Pats fans have been pretty lucky during this Brady-Belichik run.

When I was watching the Falcons/ Pats Super Bowl I got up to change the channel in the third quarter. Then I said to myself don't be a baby and take your medicine like a man. Then bam.....Brady happened. An ending that Hollywood couldn't have written and made believable. Me, happy dance. I lost my mind that night. I truly still feel bad for the Falcon Nation. It has to be the bitterest pill ever. Way worse then the two Giant wins or the Pats.( which were pretty dayum horrible) or the Seahawk melt down against the Pats

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

When I was watching the Falcons/ Pats Super Bowl I got up to change the channel in the third quarter. Then I said to myself don't be a baby and take your medicine like a man. Then bam.....Brady happened. An ending that Hollywood couldn't have written and made believable. Me, happy dance. I lost my mind that night. I truly still feel bad for the Falcon Nation. It has to be the bitterest pill ever. Way worse then the two Giant wins or the Pats.( which were pretty dayum horrible) or the Seahawk melt down against the Pats

mark

Nothing beats actor Mark Wahlberg who is a close friend of Brady who was at the Pats-Falcons SB with family & friends and,the story goes,had to leave when it was 28-3 because his 8yr old son was swearing while making a huge scene with the Pats playing so bad. They left and didn't see any of the comeback. I hope Brady never lets him live it down.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Chiefs will probably win more games than the Royals will win the rest of the baseball season.

My predicton- Chiefs 10-6, Royals 9-49 from here to the end of season.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way either of my teams sniffs 10 wins this year, Indy or Arizona.

• Options

Ok if we are talking Pats vs Atlanta Super Bowl stories then I will tell mine, I drove an hour and a half to my buddies house, Beers, Food, planning on staying the night ect. They are down huge by the end of the 2nd Quarter and I’m on the couch and you couldn’t hear a pin drop in his living room, I ALMOST pulled a Wahlberg and went home, my buddy told me that imagine if this turns into a ‘04 Sox Yankees playoff and we will be talking about it for ever? I stayed and BOOM witnessed the best Super Bowl ever with my absolute best friend.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Ok if we are talking Pats vs Atlanta Super Bowl stories then I will tell mine, I drove an hour and a half to my buddies house, Beers, Food, planning on staying the night ect. They are down huge by the end of the 2nd Quarter and I’m on the couch and you couldn’t hear a pin drop in his living room, I ALMOST pulled a Wahlberg and went home, my buddy told me that imagine if this turns into a ‘04 Sox Yankees playoff and we will be talking about it for ever? I stayed and BOOM witnessed the best Super Bowl ever with my absolute best friend.

I'm just glad that Brady didn't pull some of that same chit in the Super Bowl against the Eagles. ;)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

will the bears win 10 or more games this year?

one sec.

LOL+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bleed purple, hoping the Vikings do better then their 13-3 record last year

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I'm just glad that Brady didn't pull some of that same chit in the Super Bowl against the Eagles. ;)

Actually he was doing it right up until his right guard said Ole to Brandon Graham that killed that drive and the game.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    I bleed purple, hoping the Vikings do better then their 13-3 record last year

I am worried about the offensive line.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to say what my Cowboys will do this year. We went 13-3 a couple of years ago and got a bye then spotted the Packers too many points to come back on!

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forever optimistic about my Redskins. Really like the way they're going. Love the Alex Smith addition, along with the new rookie starters Guice and Payne. The offense should score plenty of points with Smith, Guice, Thompson, Richardson, Doctson, Crowder, Reed, Davis, and a good offensive line. The defense is the question mark, but the front seven has really improved. Payne, Allen, Lanier, Ioannidis, Kerrigan, Smith, Brown, and Foster should be a force if healthy. The backs are serious question marks after Norman and Swearinger. Nicholson, Dunbar, and Moreau have potential but are unknowns. Looking forward to the NFL season for the first time in a long time as a Skins fan.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Hard to say what my Cowboys will do this year. We went 13-3 a couple of years ago and got a bye then spotted the Packers too many points to come back on!

I think they'll be better than last season just for the fact the team won't have the Zeke Elliot drama hanging over the team all thru training camp and most of the season. If Dak & Zeke stay healthy i think they're a 10+ wins team.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I think they'll be better than last season just for the fact the team won't have the Zeke Elliot drama hanging over the team all thru training camp and most of the season. If Dak & Zeke stay healthy i think they're a 10+ wins team.

Point taken, but I don't think it matters. The Cowboys will find a way to choke, one way or the other. Just a question of how they are going to do it this season. LOL

• Options
    edited August 1, 2018 7:55AM

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Point taken, but I don't think it matters. The Cowboys will find a way to choke, one way or the other. Just a question of how they are going to do it this season. LOL

After Philly shown they were capable of taking their heads out of their asses for once in their team's history anything is possible including with the Dallas Cowboys. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

After Philly shown they were capable of taking their heads out of their asses for once in their team's history anything is possible including with the Dallas Cowboys. ;)

The Eagles never had a head coach as great as Bill Belichick.

Now we've got somebody better.

I'm keeping score:

Doug Peterson 1
    Bill Belichick 0

;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

A great deal of the success hinges on the coach and general manager. Philly had an unfortunate period with a coach named Chip Kelly. The man had a huge ego and listened to no one. His offense was a one trick pony, the hurry up offense for the whole game. It worked for a while, and then the rest of league figured out how to defense it. From then on, the Eagles were toast. Along the way Kelly ran Nick Foles out of town.

Finally fan and player discontent got Kelly fired, thank goodness. He had one miserable year at San Francisco and then exited the league.

I could go back to ancient history when Joe Kuharich took the team down a rabbit hole in the 1960s, but I will spare you.

This is why I say that Bill Belichick has been so important for the Patriots. He has won with and even without Brady. Does anyone remember the season when Brady was injured during the second game of the season? It was 2009 and they went 11-5 anyway. They didn’t make the play-offs, but that was fault of the sometimes ridiculous method of selecting teams for the post season.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I'm keeping score:

Doug Peterson 1
    Bill Belichick 0

;)

Peterson is a very good coach, but he's got a long way to go before he catches Belichick.

I am a believer in "long and strong."

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I'm keeping score:

Doug Peterson 1
    Bill Belichick 0

;)

Stop cherry picking stats. No matter how many times you choose to ignore it,YES there was a previous SB between the NE head coach and your favorite team where your favorite team's QB was literally puking on his cleats in the huddle with the game on the line.
    Eagles 1
    Belichick 1

Since we're cherry picking stats today,how about this one?
    Eagles 1 SB win
    Patriots 5 SB wins

here's another one that is pretty funny
    Eagles 1 SB win
    Cowboys 5 SB wins

• Options

@BillJones said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I'm keeping score:

Doug Peterson 1
    Bill Belichick 0

;)

Peterson is a very good coach, but he's got a long way to go before he catches Belichick.

I am a believer in "long and strong."

That's what she said :p

• Options

@BillJones said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

A great deal of the success hinges on the coach and general manager. Philly had an unfortunate period with a coach named Chip Kelly. The man had a huge ego and listened to no one. His offense was a one trick pony, the hurry up offense for the whole game. It worked for a while, and then the rest of league figured out how to defense it. From then on, the Eagles were toast. Along the way Kelly ran Nick Foles out of town.

Finally fan and player discontent got Kelly fired, thank goodness. He had one miserable year at San Francisco and then exited the league.

I could go back to ancient history when Joe Kuharich took the team down a rabbit hole in the 1960s, but I will spare you.

This is why I say that Bill Belichick has been so important for the Patriots. He has won with and even without Brady. Does anyone remember the season when Brady was injured during the second game of the season? It was 2009 and they went 11-5 anyway. They didn’t make the play-offs, but that was fault of the sometimes ridiculous method of selecting teams for the post season.

I'm sure you know the whole story with Dick Vermeil. He did the "burn out" thing, then years later ventured off to St Louis and won a Super Bowl for them.

In all fairness, Vermeil did inquire about coming back to coach the Eagles, however it didn't happen. But overall, Vermeil lives in the Philly area, is a great guy, and I've got nothing at all bad to say about him, other than I wished at the time of his "burn out" he would have visited a shrink or something, and stayed with the Eagles and won a Super Bowl for us. Oh well.

• Options

Vermeil was a great coach for the Eagles, and it was a pleasure to watch the team that season. The trouble was he couldn't pace himself. That's why he has been a good coach, not a great coach.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Chip Kelly was a minor blip on the many years of failure for the Philadelphia Eagles.
    Bill Belichick was & is very important to the success of the NE Patriots but he has won nothing without Tom Brady. Sure he had one 11-5 season without Brady where his team wasn't good enough to make the playoffs. That 2008 Pats team finished with 5 less regular season wins from the previous year and went from scoring 36ppg in 2007 to 25ppg in 2008 without Brady.

And I keep mentioning this but you have to go to actual Patriots fans who have watched Brady & Belichick every week since the beginning to get a real opinion on who is more instrumental to their success since 2001 and this past week those Pats fans have made their pick of the two known.
    This was a poll on twitter posted by the highest ranking sports talk radio show in NE that had 7,330 Pats fans voting for either Brady or Belichick:

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I'm keeping score:

Doug Peterson 1
    Bill Belichick 0

;)

Stop cherry picking stats. No matter how many times you choose to ignore it,YES there was a previous SB between the NE head coach and your favorite team where your favorite team's QB was literally puking on his cleats in the huddle with the game on the line.
    Eagles 1
    Belichick 1

Eagles 1 SB win
    Patriots 5 SB wins

Eagles 1 SB win
    Cowboys 5 SB wins

You're living in the past Eric, and that's fine. You and Dimeman can enjoy a reminiscing party together and celebrate how good your teams used to be.

I'd rather be coming off a Super Bowl win, with a young potential HOF quarterback, filled with other young talented players, along with the best coaching staff in the NFL, as well as the greatest football fans of all time.

Go Eagles!!!!!

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Smartest thing they have done in years is cutting Dez Bryant

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I'm keeping score:

Doug Peterson 1
    Bill Belichick 0

;)

Eagles 1
    Belichick 1

Eagles 1 SB win
    Patriots 5 SB wins

Eagles 1 SB win
    Cowboys 5 SB wins

You're living in the past Eric, and that's fine. You and Dimeman can enjoy a reminiscing party together and celebrate how good your teams used to be.

I'd rather be coming off a Super Bowl win, with a young potential HOF quarterback, filled with other young talented players, along with the best coaching staff in the NFL, as well as the greatest football fans of all time.

Go Eagles!!!!!

How am I living in the past? Wasn't it the current NE QB & current NE head coach the ones that beat your team in the previous matchup between these two teams? Lets not forget it was your team that had to cycle thru numerous head coaches & quarterbacks since then until they found a pair who could finally win a meaningful NFL game after a lifetime of ineptitude from that organization.

That SB win was well earned and can never be taken away but come back when your team reaches Dynasty status,until then Philly is nothing more than a one hit wonder. Bill Belichick has the same amount of SB wins in more SB trips since Doug Pederson became head coach of the Eagles.

• Options

Erik, you will end up driving yourself crazy trying to make sense to Pats haters. SteveK is not THAT bad unless the Eagles or Pederson is in the conversation. Your better off just avoiding it in its entirety, Steve is a former gambler who has points and counter points locked and loaded to cover ever point and counter point we make lol