Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

And this photo taken a week or so ago on an approach to Hawaii evidences an earlier sunset closer to the equator:

• JWPJWP Posts: 20,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

@joeykoins said:
    In my hometown today!
    " Oh, I wish..."

B)
    <3

Nice to see the Wienermobile still making the rounds. That must be the fourth or fifth itineration of the original. The given out Wiener Whistles appear to have evolved as well.

Reportedly the Wienermobile has been around since 1936! The 2005 National (Detroit) Auto Show had the 1952 version on display which I believe is where I saw it.

As a point of personal trivia, when I was a child I organized a family club which we called "The Circle Club." I would affix circle shaped paper hole reinforcers to the top of our correspondence as the club's symbol and then send out letters to various businesses requesting complimentary samples.

Among the responses I got back was one from Oscar Meyer sending us a box of Oscar Meyer Wiener Whistles. Somewhere I think I still have one of the whistles and as I recall they were affixed to small beaded key chains.

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2023 6:38AM

a local high school football support token

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Remember this cartoon series?

Cool!
    "Speed Racer?
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@1northcoin said:

@joeykoins said:
    In my hometown today!
    " Oh, I wish..."

B)
    <3

Nice to see the Wienermobile still making the rounds. That must be the fourth or fifth itineration of the original. The given out Wiener Whistles appear to have evolved as well.

Reportedly the Wienermobile has been around since 1936! The 2005 National (Detroit) Auto Show had the 1952 version on display which I believe is where I saw it.

As a point of personal trivia, when I was a child I organized a family club which we called "The Circle Club." I would affix circle shaped paper hole reinforcers to the top of our correspondence as the club's symbol and then send out letters to various businesses requesting complimentary samples.

Among the responses I got back was one from Oscar Meyer sending us a box of Oscar Meyer Wiener Whistles. Somewhere I think I still have one of the whistles and as I recall they were affixed to small beaded key chains.

Thanks to an internet search, here was the 1952 Wienermobile on display at the 2005 National (Detroit) Auto Show:

@1northcoin said:
    As this Friday draws to a close here in the Northland, we are treated to a "Fire Sunset" as the local TV weatherman termed it. This photo taken at 10:40 PM, a little over an hour ago evidencing the extended days as the Summer Equinox approaches.

Here are some added views of Friday evening's "Fire Sunset:"

@1northcoin said:
    Spring flowers here in the Northland from this past week:

The setting for the above pictured Spring flowers here in the Northland from this past week:

A Happy Mothers' Day from here in the Northland

edited May 14, 2023 7:48PM

Admission to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar day:

• markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

_ I think I'd take the other path_

When to this exact park (Bryce Canyon) two years ago this month

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

And in breaking news as released today:

"The North American Aerospace Defense Command released a statement Saturday saying it had intercepted six Russian aircraft operating off the coast of Alaska.

In a press release about Thursday's incident, NORAD said it "detected, tracked, positively identified and intercepted six Russian aircraft operating in and near the Alaska Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ).

"Russian aircraft remained in international airspace and did not enter American or Canadian sovereign airspace,"  the statement added. "These flights occurred as several planned large-scale U.S. military training exercises are ongoing in Alaska."

The Russian aircraft, according to the press release, were Tu-95 bombers and IL-78 tanker and Su-35 fighter aircraft. "

The Russian aircraft were intercepted by F-16s, F-22s, KC-135 Stratotankers and E-3 AWACS.

Pictured - Two of the likely intercepters, including an F-22 Raptor and an AWACS, as I photographed them recently:

Elmendorf? Top Cover of America?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

Remember when you were little riding in the family station wagon and Your Dad would floor it right befor you got to the top and then over the humps in the road and it felt like your stomach was floating up into your neck? Fun times.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

Remember when you were little riding in the family station wagon and Your Dad would floor it right befor you got to the top and then over the humps in the road and it felt like your stomach was floating up into your neck? Fun times.

Yep, I do it to my kids now. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list