Home U.S. Coin Forum

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @OnWithTheHunt "What settings are you using? A few tweaks and you'll be there."

LOL :D The automatic setting.

Yeah, I know, not the best setting. ;)
    All of my photos on this site, coins or otherwise were taken with an old cheap 6.0mp point & shoot camera.
    I'm not kidding and I hope it doesn't make everyone here hate me more than they do already. :D
    It is time for me to shoot the lock off my wallet and buy a better camera, it's on my list of things to do.
    I'm sure my photo quality would improve with better equipment.
    Many years ago I had a nice camera and even a dark room, the camera was stolen and I got busy with other things.
    My current camera is 20 years old but over time I have learned to get the most from it.
    I don't have a stand or light box for coin photos, I just throw them on the kitchen counter with a couple of lights and rarely use a tripod. ;):D
    I take the term "point & shoot" quite literally. :p

That batch of photos looks good but for fireworks you're going to need a tripod and a camera that you can set ISO, aperture and shutter speed. Don't need to spend big bucks on the latest and greatest, I've been getting away for years with buying gently used equipment. Lots of nice DSLRs on the market now that many people are switching to mirrorless systems. Good luck.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USSID17 said:

Is that a master piece ? What was the medium ?
    Metalic paint ? COOL !
    Sorry for all the questions, but It just blew me away.

• 1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

Window Art

Captured while sitting and waiting in the offices of a local business yesterday and the day prior.

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

….forgetaboutit! ;)

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2021 5:56PM

@1northcoin said:
    As Air Force Fighter Jets currently roar overhead, here are some photos from yesterday when the clouds were as dramatic as their thunder:

Jeez - with "those" why are "they" worried about AR15's? Are those the F35's?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

edited July 14, 2021 6:16PM

@Steven59 said:

@1northcoin said:
    As Air Force Fighter Jets currently roar overhead, here are some photos from yesterday when the clouds were as dramatic as their thunder:

Most likely the photographed Air Force Jets are the F-22s stationed here on the coast with a primary mission to intercept Russian aircraft that intrude into U.S. Airspace. The newer and more technologically advanced F-35s currently in the state fly out of an Air Force Base in the center of the state. Of course those pictured could be F-35s here for a visit. There are currently 25 F35s in the state with the number expected to reach 54 sometime in 2022. We have only had F35s for a year now.

@1northcoin said:

@Steven59 said:

@1northcoin said:

Most likely the photographed Air Force Jets are the F-22s stationed here on the coast with a primary mission to intercept Russian aircraft that intrude into U.S. Airspace. The newer and more technologically advanced F-35s currently in the state fly out of an Air Force Base in the center of the state. Of course those pictured could be F-35s here for a visit. There are currently 25 F35s in the state with the number expected to reach 54 sometime in 2022. We have only had F35s for a year now.

edited July 15, 2021 10:30AM

Then and Now:

(As the Olympics in Japan begin, the challenges to traveling to Japan continue to challenge.)

In person volunteer teaching in Japan just before COVID-19:

Virtual participation in the same classroom this past week:

• habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday's Sky Views:

edited July 15, 2021 6:46PM

@joeykoins said:

My Workplace Ford Motor Company

Cool - I worked at the Avon Lake Ford Assembly Plant (Ohio) many moons ago. 12 hour days were so monotonous - but the moolah was great back then! :)

edited July 15, 2021 9:05PM

Cool!

The first automobile assembly plant I visited was watching Ford Mustangs being assembled in 1964. Our train stopped in Michigan enroute to the Boy Scout Jamboree in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. I don't recall any stamping operations at that location so the panels may well have come from the Chicago Stamping Plant. My impression at the time was how amazing it was that a car could be put together from what looked like big pieces of a tin can. Unibody construction has been a major departure from the historical solid frame car manufacturing model.

In recent years I have had the opportunity to visit the Toyota plant in Nagoya, Japan where "Just in Time" and "Anyone can Stop the Line" concepts were first introduced. Other auto plants have included the Mercedes facility in Sindelfingen, Germany just outside of Stuttgart and BMW plants in Regensburg and Munich. Those facilities in Germany have their stamping plants on the same sites as the auto assembly factories. It is amazing how robots have all but taken over the stamping and body assembly operations.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Cool - I worked at the Avon Lake Ford Assembly Plant (Ohio)...

Do you so happen to know a gentleman named, Rick Ross?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya gotta look ?

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Friday!

• fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

This is for 1630Boston

Could be for me too? B)

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.

@joeykoins said:

@Steven59 said:
    Cool - I worked at the Avon Lake Ford Assembly Plant (Ohio)...

Do you so happen to know a gentleman named, Rick Ross?

Doesn't ring a bell.

@joeykoins said:

Looks like the engines that were used to ride on the narrow gauge track that was layed for the building of the Panama Canal.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file