Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:
    Flower arrangements are kinda tricky. I did my best, though. This is the last hurrah of the springtime wildflower patch. It’s drying up quick, but these late blooming flowers are giving it a nice send-off. They’re called Godetia, or more appropriately Farewell to Spring. Some thimble flowers are hanging in there as well. The vase is from a Laguna Beach artist that we discovered at his glass-blowing studio yesterday.

Impressive.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pictures!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2021 1:36PM

I love Stouffer's mac/cheese, not as good as the original Howard Johnson's, but still good @3keepSECRETif2rDEAD

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    Cape Cod

Arnolds?

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2021 3:01PM

An appropriate coin wrapper.
    Picked up, where else?

In a Wisconsin Chase Bank

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    An appropriate coin wrapper.
    Picked up, where else?

In a Wisconsin Chase Bank

Nice looking heifers!!!

• Options
    edited June 9, 2021 9:08AM

The magic magnetic silverware:

Completely unexpected.

• Options

Followed by the escargot stuffed mushrooms, main courses, and the take home:

(Compiements of Alyeska's Double Musky just down the way from the street named after favorite son and Olympian Tommy Moe)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigmarty58 said:

Arnolds?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:
    …oh hell yeah!!!! ;)

🤤🤤🤤🤤

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@USSID17 said:

This from a 2006 Fact Sheet regarding the 21s Tactical Fighter Wing:

The l980s witnessed a period of growth and modernization of Elmendorf AFB. During l982, the 2lst Tactical Fighter Wing converted from F-4s to F-l5s. The l8th Tactical Fighter Squadron was assigned to Eielson AFB where it was equipped with A-10s. The 54th Tactical Fighter Squadron, of Aleutian Campaign fame, activated once again in 1987. Rounding out the modernization program was the construction of an enhanced Regional Operations Control Center (completed in l983), and the replacement of the l950s generation aircraft control and warning radars with the state of the art AN/FPS-ll7 Minimally Attended Radars. The integrated air warning and defense system became fully operational in mid l985. Alaska's air defense force was further enhanced with the assignment of two E-3As to Elmendorf AFB in l986. The Alaskan Command was reestablished at Elmendorf in 1989 as subunified joint service command under the Pacific Command in recognition of Alaska's military importance in the Pacific region.

That importance was further recognized when the F-15E Strike Eagle equipped 90th Tactical Fighter was reassigned to Elmendorf Air Force Base from Clark Air Base in the Philippines in May 1991. The Pacific Regional Medical Center moved from Clark to Elmendorf and construction of a new, greatly expanded hospital began in 1993. The early 1990s also saw major organizational changes and an expansion of Elmendorf's importance. In 1991, the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing was reorganized as an objective wing and all the major tenant units on Elmendorf were placed under it. The 21st Wing inactivated and the 3rd Wing was reassigned from Clark Air Base to Elmendorf Air Force Base on 19 December 1991. This was in keeping Air Force's polices of retaining the oldest and most illustrious units during a period of major force reductions.

The Air Force, because of the increased size and complexity of the 3rd Wing, assigned a general officer as its commander in July 1993. Today, Elmendorf AFB continues to grow in size and importance because of its strategic location and training facilities. The expansive Cope Thunder exercises, formerly conducted in the Philippines moved to ranges near Eielson AFB, and Elmendorf regularly hosts visiting wings as well as participates in the exercises. The Wing now has responsibilities far beyond the vast borders of Alaska.

https://jber.jb.mil/Info/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/290356/elmendorf-air-force-base-history/

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you name the eatery?

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

Love those Bostons!

• Options
    edited June 10, 2021 10:16AM

@Swampboy said:
    Can you name the eatery?

13 Coins across the street from Sea-Tac Airport?

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

Across the street from Sea-Tac Airport is my favorite fast food joint: Taco Time.

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

@Swampboy said:
    Can you name the eatery?

Oh Yeah.

Wagyu Burger - OMG

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2021 5:13PM

@DrDarryl said:
    The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Annex of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum) pre-pandemic.

We had an SR-71 near where I was based in Okinawa. That's the black plane in the first image. It's a fantastic plane! When it was firing up to fly the ground shook.

• Options

• Options

So 13 Coins was the right answer?

• Options
    USSID17USSID17 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file