Options

Random picture thread for Friday

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@asheland said:
    @ErrorsOnCoins
    I miss Cotixan. Do you ever go there? I believe it’s on Rosecrans...

No.

There are literally Mexican restaurants small and large on every corner in San Diego, So awesome!!!! :p:p:p

There are two tortilla factories within 5 miles from my house.

We make our own Mexican meat dishes at home and just buy the rice, beans and super fresh tortillas.

That's paradise in my opinion! I love Mexican food. :smiley:
    When we visited my brother in San Diego, we literally ate at Cotixan just about every day we were there! I couldn't get enough. :D

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@asheland said:
    @ErrorsOnCoins
    I miss Cotixan. Do you ever go there? I believe it’s on Rosecrans...

No.

There are literally Mexican restaurants small and large on every corner in San Diego, So awesome!!!! :p:p:p

There are two tortilla factories within 5 miles from my house.

We make our own Mexican meat dishes at home and just buy the rice, beans and super fresh tortillas.

The best enchiladas I ever had were from an unpretentious Mexican place on a roadway overlooking Hotel Circle on the Old Town side. That was in the mid 70s and I have no idea if the restaurant is still there.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    The video of the guy botching a robbery by dropping his gun and running out of the building is sad.

First the guy fumbles his gun and drops it on the counter only to see it fall to the floor behind the counter.

Second the guy fails in his attempt to jump over the counter to retrieve his gun.

Third the guy panics and runs away.

Fourth, while running away the guys jumps and kicks the door open, resulting in his pants dropping to his knees and him having to reach down to pull his pants up before he trips and falls with his pants around his ankles.

Fifth, the guy is wearing a sweatshirt with the emblem of my favorite football team, the Denver Broncos; and is wearing a baseball cap with the emblem of the Houston Rockets on it (Oh the shame of it all; hopefully the Bronco sweatshirt was borrowed from his roommate and he is a die hard Rockets fan!!!!!! :s ).

Sixth, the establishment he is trying to rob does not look like one where there is a large amount of cash available to the robber.

Seventh, What the heck is on his fingers and hands?
    Appears to be staged IMO

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@1northcoin said:

@ironmanl63 said:

@1northcoin said:

@SanctionII said:
    The video of the guy botching a robbery by dropping his gun and running out of the building is sad.

First the guy fumbles his gun and drops it on the counter only to see it fall to the floor behind the counter.

Second the guy fails in his attempt to jump over the counter to retrieve his gun.

Fourth, while running away the guys jumps and kicks the door open, resulting in his pants dropping to his knees and him having to reach down to pull his pants up before he trips and falls with his pants around his ankles.

Fifth, the guy is wearing a sweatshirt with the emblem of my favorite football team, the Denver Broncos; and is wearing a baseball cap with the emblem of the Houston Rockets on it (Oh the shame of it all; hopefully the Bronco sweatshirt was borrowed from his roommate and he is a die hard Rockets fan!!!!!! :s ).

Sixth, the establishment he is trying to rob does not look like one where there is a large amount of cash available to the robber.

Fun observations. Given the litany of events you have chronicled have to question whether the video itself was staged. The one thing I found odd was that the clerk didn't aim the gun at the suspect after she picked it up.

Bye the time she had the gun in her hand he was already running away.

Obviously her employer didn't provide weapons training. She had no way to know if the perp was going to turn back around or if there was an accomplice. That said it is probably moot as more likely than not it was staged based on Sanction II's chronicling.

In most locales it's illegal to shoot a fleeing criminal in the back when he's running away from you. She did the right thing.

It’s also against the law to shoot an unarmed person.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:

@PerryHall said:

@1northcoin said:

@ironmanl63 said:

@1northcoin said:

@SanctionII said:

Fun observations. Given the litany of events you have chronicled have to question whether the video itself was staged. The one thing I found odd was that the clerk didn't aim the gun at the suspect after she picked it up.

Bye the time she had the gun in her hand he was already running away.

Obviously her employer didn't provide weapons training. She had no way to know if the perp was going to turn back around or if there was an accomplice. That said it is probably moot as more likely than not it was staged based on Sanction II's chronicling.

In most locales it's illegal to shoot a fleeing criminal in the back when he's running away from you. She did the right thing.

It’s also against the law to shoot an unarmed person.

What if he's coming at you to take your gun away from you?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

You can only use deadly force if your life is threatened with deadly force. He would need to physically attempt to take your gun from you. And then good luck in court , you better have a good lawyer and lots of money and time defending yourself. You will be sued and potentially charged criminally. This is my legal understanding, I’m not a lawyer.
    The law is different for a Peace Officer, you cannot disarm a Peace officer.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

A ND Yemen 10 Rials banknote

Coins for sale at link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3e3W49RWjqCMwAMJA

• Options
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:

@SanctionII said:

Seventh, What the heck is on his fingers and hands?
    Appears to be staged IMO

Agree that it is more likely than not staged, but as to the stuff on his hands - if it is real then maybe that is some type of substance used to obscure fingerprints as an alternative to using a glove?

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not notice the robber's hands. They appear to be coated with a substance that must have dried. His hands left no visible marks or smears on the countertop or the top of the glass display case.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2024 9:34PM

Anyone remember the $91 million Mnuchin rabbit?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

@hammer1 said:

That's seriously scary! :#

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

:o

Ken
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

This video must from the year 2020 :o:o:#

• Options
    edited May 7, 2020 12:24PM

@hammer1 said:

Source of the video, please.

My aviation engineer buddy says this is impossible.

So is this a fake video?

• Options
    edited May 7, 2020 12:42PM

Fake video :/

Computer simulation.

• Options
    edited May 7, 2020 12:46PM

Big jet going upside down like that, would be different for sure. It looks like it would break apart doing that. But what do I know? It's still a good video! :o

Ken
  • Options

Munster truck!! ^

Ken
  • Options

@asheland said:

@hammer1 said:

That's seriously scary! :#

Where can we see the entire video?

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@hammer1 said:

Source of the video, please.

My aviation engineer buddy says this is impossible.

So is this a fake video?

Your buddy is right.....in reference to this video. But in 1955 Tex Johnston rolled the 707 Dash 80 on a demonstration flight over Seattle....one of the most impressive aviation maneuvers in history.

Yes, the video is a fake as well.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, that was yesterday....

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2020 1:49AM

That aircraft on final is me avoid covid19 missiles on final. ;-)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2020 6:13AM

I remember the Captain :)
    https://youtu.be/haLUvj4UTfw

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

1992 Russian 500 Ruble banknote

Coins for sale at link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3e3W49RWjqCMwAMJA

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:
    And in honor of our country beginning to open up again, this was from a once again available restaurant sitting this past week. Depicted is a sequence that never gets old.

My kingdom for the Benihana ginger sauce recipe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file