Home U.S. Coin Forum

CU Parallel UNIVERSE

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed quite a few CU members manage to toggle multiple posts in other boards due to varying interests and amazingly manage to stay on top of them all.......
How often do you visit the other sides for sports, WTB, WTS etc?

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

....seems like uncharted territory with unfamiliar names & avatar to me :)

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    When I visit here, I start at the US Coin forum and then move on to the Precious Metals forum and then finally visit the BST Forum.

+1.

• SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mainly look here, but I peek at the Set Registry and Precious Metals forms a little bit too.

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start at US coin, then metal detecting then precious metals.....

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Precious metals, buy & sell US Coins, US Coin Forum .... in that order...

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@gonzer said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Sports forum is the place to be. Participants are often wrong, but never in doubt.

Those guys over there make The View seem tame.

Never even been there. I prefer shooting and fishing to ball games. Just my opinion.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I check things out over here and I’m also active on the NGC site.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

I visit most of them on a regular basis. I actually looked at the stamps forum earlier this morning. :blush: LOL!

@Coinstartled said:
    Sports forum is the place to be. Participants are often wrong, but never in doubt.

You need to join Blowout if you are not already on there! The basketball forum alone is gold Jerry....GOLD! :smiley:

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:
    I visit most of them on a regular basis. I actually looked at the stamps forum earlier this morning. :blush: LOL!

Anything interesting there? I have a couple sheets of the cowboy error -- someplace -- along with some zeppelins.

@RogerB said:

@Hallco said:

Anything interesting there? I have a couple sheets of the cowboy error -- someplace -- along with some zeppelins.

Nothing that I could find in the 2 or so minutes I browsed. I was thinking about posting a bst thread for some horse racing stamps, but I realized many can be had on other sites pretty regularly. Lol

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

US Coin forum, Coin BST

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to visit the other boards.... it keeps me up on things.

@Smudge said:
    I prefer shooting and fishing to ball games. Just my opinion.

Same here.

edited July 21, 2018 6:51PM

I've been there once .... it's a men land :|

@Coinstartled said:

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's funny how at different times we have our go to forums, for a time I was in the BST every day well... B, S, and occasionally Ting with some of the finest forumites.

It's all about what the people want...

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...strickley US Coins forum for me...if I found this place in my 20’s when I was taking Action I would have blitzed through that sports forum like bull in a china shop...but those days are over ;)

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2018 8:03PM

@Smudge said:

@gonzer said:

@Coinstartled said:

Never even been there. I prefer shooting and fishing to ball games. Just my opinion.

The odds of you being shot there are 50/50 so it may be for you after all. There are also whoopers of fish like tales. We also solve most of the worlds social problems all in the name of sports.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

It's a very passionate place with lively discussion ..... feels like the kinds of loyalty as fierce or as unwavering as the fans themselves (as long as you know your stuffs) ;)

@Justacommeman said:

@Smudge said:

@gonzer said:

@Coinstartled said:

The odds of you being shot there are 50/50 so it may be for you after all. There are also whoopers of fish like tales. We also solve most of the worlds social problems all in the name of sports.

mark

It is likely enough in the coin forums, and I would rather not be shot, not a sports fan so thanks, but I will pass. Solving problems is appreciated though.

Yeah....we may be darlings here but over there......... :/ and probably better wait for their visits ;)

@Smudge said:
    It is likely enough in the coin forums, and I would rather not be shot, not a sports fan so thanks, but I will pass. Solving problems is appreciated though.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2018 9:07PM

@Paradisefound said:
    Yeah....we may be darlings here but over there......... :/ and probably better wait for their visits ;)

@Smudge said:

It is easy to get along over there, just follow a bit of protocol: Dallas Cowboys are the best football team in history...except for the Patriots.

Jack Morris should be banned from the Hall of Fame. Pete Rose should be enshrined.

Barry Sanders was the greatest running back or barely in the top hundred.

Mike Schmitt at third base could not hold a candle to Don Wert.

Football players are quick to kneel before the US flag, but bow for the US currency.

Tiger Woods will win his 19th major in the year 2525.

Auto racing is not a sport...BBQ'ing hamburgers is.

I have heard of Pete Rose and Tiger Woods, that's it. I would rather watch a history dovumentary than a bunch of grown men play a ball game. To each his ownl.

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Smudge said:

@gonzer said:

@Coinstartled said:

mark

I have a similar relationship with my wife. ;)

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2018 3:55AM

@Smudge said:
    I have heard of Pete Rose and Tiger Woods, that's it. I would rather watch a history dovumentary than a bunch of grown men play a ball game. To each his ownl.

Ken Burns did an extensive documentary on baseball. The game is deeply connected to the last century and a half of American history.

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2018 6:21PM

US Coins Forum and Sports Cards Forum for me. Once in a while BST U.S. Coins and BST Sports.

Edited to add: I don't really talk sports as I like to play sports, not watch someone else play.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

US Coin Forum, Metal Detecting, Precious Metals... BST, though not every day. Never, ever sports...(I only watch boxing)...Some shooting and firearms forums - and of course, actual shooting...Only so much time in the day... ;) Cheers, RickO

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

41 days until................................... >:)

A highly anticipated day o:)<3>:)

@Bullsitter said:
    41 days until................................... >:)

Did you ever get the sticker for your Red Hot Mustang?

edited July 22, 2018 11:32AM

I am ready for a ride when you are ;)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha, I got to thinking and figured.....no sticker, NO warning, there they went.... B)

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I visit three exclusively: Precious Metals, World Coins and Here.
    US Coin forum is where most of the action is. :D

• ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's also a banned members forum on another site. That's the alternate universe.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

60/40 (which I go to 1st) US Coin Forum/Darkside

ditto BSTs

Then the MD forum (I still need to post my rookie outing(s) finds) several times a week

Registry Forum once a week or so

TY Collectors Universe

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much lately time does not permit.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file