Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (S-Mint, 18EM)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the sequel to last year's wildly popular San Francisco ASE will be released on August 14.

Unlike last year's Congratulations Set S-Mint ASE, these will be nothing special:

Mintage Limit: None
Product Limit: None
Household Order Limit: None
Price: $55.95, the same price as the WP version.

This will make the Limited Edition Silver set that much less desirable as well.

This issue doesn't seem to be covered by subscription. I'll probably pick one up...

Link to product:
American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin, San Francisco (S) (18EM)

Comments

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for one... :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for 1 to keep my set up to date

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Well, the sequel to last year's wildly popular San Francisco ASE will be released on August 14.

Unlike last year's Congratulations Set S-Mint ASE, these will be nothing special:

Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: None
    Household Order Limit: None
    Price: $55.95, the same price as the WP version.

This will make the Limited Edition Silver set that much less desirable as well.

This issue doesn't seem to be covered by subscription. I'll probably pick one up...

Link to product:
    American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin, San Francisco (S) (18EM)

Holy Moly NO Limit on Production! Is that going to drive down the prices of the 2017S and the 2016S coins? Maybe I should be DUMPING MY STOCK before they go on sale. What if they produce 50 Million coins of the 2018 coins?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they regularly make S mint, that should help the lower mintage ones

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    If they regularly make S mint, that should help the lower mintage ones

Thank you I didn't know that I guess I do not need to panic then.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda pricey for $15 Silver .

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Cant argue with that statement. By the way 39,000+ posts your special and great job on the journey to 40K.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Cant argue with that statement. By the way 39,000+ posts your special and great job on the journey to 40K.

Thanks Gluggo. I feel special. Like Special Ed.

• Options

@ricko said:
    I am considering it... leaning towards no, however, then I think, why not? Add to the series...Nice coin.. Then I think, wow... super overpriced..... But, and there is always a 'but' (sometimes a butt ;) ).... I can afford it....But(t)....it will just sit in the safe....Decisions, decisions... :D Cheers, RickO

Those of us who remember Peanuts would term this wishy-washy. Ricko is actually Charlie Brown. :D

My OCD will make me get one. Thank goodness I don't have this disease with AGE's, APE's or APdE's...

• Options
    edited August 7, 2018 7:19PM

So I am trying to figure out how many to buy, since its going to be a no limit coin. 2 for sure and maybe do a first strikesubmition at PCGS. $56.00 a coin I dont have to worry about it selling out. Sort of boring. Maybe I wont buy any. Making me fall asleep. Way to US Mint.

No I am going to buy the Silver Medals the Mint is going to sell about the same time. That is where my money is going!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll probably wait and purchase a few on the secondary market. Hopefully, it's cheaper !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to get all the SAEs....it was simple, at one point. Now, they have added way too many types in order to grab more money from OCD collectors, imho.

I'm usually good for 2-6 a year (wife likes to give them to family members that have babies), but, leaning towards "no" starting now,

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    edited August 13, 2018 10:01AM

Any body ready for tomorrow's race to Unlimted or No Production Limit on the American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin?

Set your clock! This product will be available for sale on August 14, 2018, at 12 noon (ET).

• Options

I'll pick one up tomorrow at the ANA show.

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Ohhh look already on pre-sale for $84.95 no fuss no hassle! 2018-S Proof American Silver Eagle PCGS PR70 DCAM First Strike Flag Label

Why even bother sending them in if your only want graded coins?

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2018-s-proof-american-silver-eagle-pcgs-pr70-dcam-fs-flag-label-sku54872.html

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alarm set to 5:35 AM.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2018 11:52AM

@Gluggo said:
    Ohhh look already on pre-sale for $84.95 no fuss no hassle! 2018-S Proof American Silver Eagle PCGS PR70 DCAM First Strike Flag Label

Why even bother sending them in if your only want graded coins?

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2018-s-proof-american-silver-eagle-pcgs-pr70-dcam-fs-flag-label-sku54872.html

Exactly...ordered them yesterday. No worries about getting 70's on your own

$82.44 with e-check discount

• Options
    edited August 13, 2018 12:09PM

I just ordered me 2 no need to check in at the Mint tomorrow. B) Perfect First Strike Proof coins now I can go back to sleep.

If the price falls as the months go buy I can always buy a few more and hedge my purchase. :*

• Options

I'm in for one,
    also now FREE shipping for rest of the year!

• Options

I'm in for one, because... OCD.

I'm sure there's a 10-step program of something like this...

• Options

USM059571XX
    In & Out

• Options

Well, that was boring... Except for the servers being taken offline as I tried to post...

USM059571xx. Ordered one.

• Options

Your order placed on 08/14/18 has been confirmed email received

• Options

I just got in I was late due to work outside! Did I miss it did they SELL OUT? :( I always miss it! :s

• Options

Its not too late ! THE ASE Proof , San Fran Mint is still available ... :):)

Army Strong
    ~ T E A M = Together Everyone Achieves More ~
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered one at 2:15, got it easily.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I grabbed some already graded 70's...No worry....

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I did my part, lots of work on it way to you all.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Sales, at least those reported here, are surprisingly anemic.

Is it because of the regular ASE W Proof sold in the first week of the year? If this was the limited edition proof set with an S ASE sales would have been a lot stronger.

• Options

I got one at the ANA show today

• Options

Order 59664XX
    1- 2018 ASE S Mint
    1- 2018 Silver Proof Set
    1- 2018 ATB Silver Proof Set
    IN and OUT... :#

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

I was surprised, for a moment, since I'd purchased W-proofs in January... took me a while to recognize these out today were "S" proofs... so what... ? Now I have two versions of the 2018 Proof? Wassup?

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options

9,300 orders is not recorder breaking. But that's orders, not individual ASE's. In a week we'll know the unit count and a better idea how these are being received.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well as much as I almost talked myself out of it, I bought one.

• Options

I just got the Shipped email. That was really fast.

• Options
    edited August 14, 2018 4:16PM

@Obiwancanoli said:
    I was surprised, for a moment, since I'd purchased W-proofs in January... took me a while to recognize these out today were "S" proofs... so what... ? Now I have two versions of the 2018 Proof? Wassup?

I guess the mint heard everybodys complaints about not being able to own a San Fransisco S Mint American Eagle. So they want to make sure everybody can buy one now. Now we cant complain they did what we want. Wonder how low these will go in a few month's?

• Options
    VpdVpd Posts: 47 ✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I guess the mint heard everybodys complaints about not being able to own a San Fransisco S Mint American Eagle. So they want to make sure everybody can buy one now. Now we cant complain they did what we want. Wonder how low these will go in a few month's?

Hello everyone. First time poster. I also purchased the S Proof today just to keep my collection whole. Gluggo I think you are correct about the mint wanting to make it easy to purchase this coin. Did you notice it is now available via subscription just like the W?

• Options

• Options

Thank you.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    9,300 orders is not recorder breaking. But that's orders, not individual ASE's. In a week we'll know the unit count and a better idea how these are being received.

These may have been available via subscription, though I don't remember seeing it in the list of available options when I looked into it. If it was available, they may have sold thousands that way.

I got a shipping notice too. But, well, smartpost, so it's hard to get excited it shipped that quick. :smiley:

• Options

@Vpd said:

@Gluggo said:

Hello everyone. First time poster. I also purchased the S Proof today just to keep my collection whole. Gluggo I think you are correct about the mint wanting to make it easy to purchase this coin. Did you notice it is now available via subscription just like the W?

Was it? I checked not too long after they populated the web page, but it wasn't in the list at that time. If it was, I would have subscribed, since those orders seem to go out first....

• Options

@Obiwancanoli said:

We're you around last year for the Congrats set?

It was quite the event, with only 75K available, 125K with the limited edition silver set.

So the Mint continued the S-Mint version this year, but did it with no mintage limits. And here we are...

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭

Another, “take advantage of the customer”.......way to high of a premium when silver is headed down the toilet.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pass

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Vpd said:

@Gluggo said:

Was it? I checked not too long after they populated the web page, but it wasn't in the list at that time. If it was, I would have subscribed, since those orders seem to go out first.

I don’t think the S subscription option was available until now. Or at least I hadn’t noticed it until I placed my order. I actually prefer the subscription route as I get busy sometimes and don’t remember to place orders. On the other hand, not sure I need two ASE proof coins with just a mint mark difference. However, I want it so I subscribed.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vpd said:

Hello everyone. First time poster.

Welcome Vpd. I just ordered one too. Looks like we're going to have two mint marked proofs each year now....just wondering, has any other mint besides San Franscisco and West Point produced Proofs?

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Philidelphia mint made a reverse proof silver eagle

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

in 2006

• Options

@Onastone said:

@Vpd said:

Hello everyone. First time poster.

Welcome Vpd. I just ordered one too. Looks like we're going to have two mint marked proofs each year now....just wondering, has any other mint besides San Franscisco and West Point produced Proofs?

Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file