Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL players association was not consulted.

13»

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:
    stevek, despite what you seem to believe no concerted effort has been made to improve inner cities under your president. You just believe things are better because you like the person in charge. In fact your president has proposed cutting funding to program benefiting inner cities. None of that has anything to do with the players peacefully protesting during the NA though.

Robb

I'll point out one important thing, I could point out dozens of others.

This isn't political. Getting rid of malignant vermin such as MS-13 and other violent gangs who terrorize inner city communities, should have always been a top priority in every administration. Sadly it really never was...until now, and thank goodness for that.

A safer and prosperous inner city obviously benefits the residents there. However it actually also benefits all Americans in so many different ways.

There are plenty of violent gangs in the US that are made up of predominately US citizens. They were here before he took office and they are still here now without any discussion on fixing that problem So excuse me if I roll my eyes. Of course it’s political. To think otherwise is leemings and lollipops

mark

Try telling the good folks in the inner cities who are frightened to walk the streets at night, who are afraid their children could get shot when walking home from school, who see first hand how drugs have ravaged their communities, if it's political. They just simply want something done about the problem...and something is finally being done. The good folks there know this and fully appreciate it.

speechless. Literally

mark

Good.

Maybe your side will finally join in, stop with their nonsense, and work together to get something done. This situation has gone on far too long and it's no longer acceptable to look the other way, while great American citizens are badly suffering from tyranny in their own neighborhoods.

We are on the same side on the aisle you nut. I’m just not bambozzled by this administration if you can even call it that. I doubt any one on this forum has donated more time or money to the GOP over the years. I worked for Bush sr while I’m college. I was at Reagan’s victory party. I worked for Bush II. But the new GOP no thanks. I’ll support any GOP candidate that is not tied to the current trainwrect. I can’t believe you think the current administration actually gives a flying F about the inner cities of America.

mark

<<< We are on the same side on the aisle you nut. >>>

I've seen your posts, sure didn't seem like the same aisle to me. But I'll take your word for it.

I'm sure the good folks in the inner cities don't give a chit if you can't comprehend what is going on, or you simply have blinders on and don't wish to see for whatever reason. They know what's going on, and that's all that matters.

Thank goodness the good folks in the inner cities are finally getting the help that they need, and more is on the way.

eyeroll

Back to debating sports I guess

m

Sorry to inform ya Mark, but the good folks in the inner cities are giving you the eyeroll, and much more than that. LOL

They grew tired of non-caring policies from decades ago and even just a year and a half ago. Times have changed and thank goodness for that.

Just step aside Mark and enjoy the ride. Others on our side will do the heavy lifting for ya. ;)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2018 6:00PM

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:
    stevek, despite what you seem to believe no concerted effort has been made to improve inner cities under your president. You just believe things are better because you like the person in charge. In fact your president has proposed cutting funding to program benefiting inner cities. None of that has anything to do with the players peacefully protesting during the NA though.

Robb

This isn't political. Getting rid of malignant vermin such as MS-13 and other violent gangs who terrorize inner city communities, should have always been a top priority in every administration. Sadly it really never was...until now, and thank goodness for that.

A safer and prosperous inner city obviously benefits the residents there. However it actually also benefits all Americans in so many different ways.

There are plenty of violent gangs in the US that are made up of predominately US citizens. They were here before he took office and they are still here now without any discussion on fixing that problem So excuse me if I roll my eyes. Of course it’s political. To think otherwise is leemings and lollipops

mark

Try telling the good folks in the inner cities who are frightened to walk the streets at night, who are afraid their children could get shot when walking home from school, who see first hand how drugs have ravaged their communities, if it's political. They just simply want something done about the problem...and something is finally being done. The good folks there know this and fully appreciate it.

speechless. Literally

mark

Good.

Maybe your side will finally join in, stop with their nonsense, and work together to get something done. This situation has gone on far too long and it's no longer acceptable to look the other way, while great American citizens are badly suffering from tyranny in their own neighborhoods.

We are on the same side on the aisle you nut. I’m just not bambozzled by this administration if you can even call it that. I doubt any one on this forum has donated more time or money to the GOP over the years. I worked for Bush sr while I’m college. I was at Reagan’s victory party. I worked for Bush II. But the new GOP no thanks. I’ll support any GOP candidate that is not tied to the current trainwrect. I can’t believe you think the current administration actually gives a flying F about the inner cities of America.

mark

I've seen your posts, sure didn't seem like the same aisle to me. But I'll take your word for it.

I'm sure the good folks in the inner cities don't give a chit if you can't comprehend what is going on, or you simply have blinders on and don't wish to see for whatever reason. They know what's going on, and that's all that matters.

Thank goodness the good folks in the inner cities are finally getting the help that they need, and more is on the way.

eyeroll

m

Sorry to inform ya Mark, but the good folks in the inner cities are giving you the eyeroll, and much more than that. LOL

They grew tired of non-caring policies from decades ago and even just a year and a half ago. Times have changed and thank goodness for that.

Just step aside Mark and enjoy the ride. Others on our side will do the heavy lifting for ya. ;)

My eyeroll was for you having to take my word for my above post. I guess I will take your word for that you actually believe what you just wrote about the inner cities.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

mark

speechless. Literally

mark

Good.

mark

eyeroll

m

My eyeroll was for you having to take my word for my above post. I guess I will take your word for that you actually believe what you just wrote about the inner cities.

m

What is badly needed on this forum is an Emoji "eyeroll" LOL

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

mark

speechless. Literally

mark

Good.

mark

eyeroll

m

m

I think there used to be one . When the forum software updated we took a step back in a lot of ways

• Options

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

mark

speechless. Literally

mark

Good.

mark

eyeroll

m

m

Indeed

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

mark

speechless. Literally

mark

Good.

mark

eyeroll

m

m

I think there used to be one . When the forum software updated we took a step back in a lot of ways

This forum, a custom job, certainly cost CU a few shekels to do. Likely around 5k to 10k in my estimation.

I happen to like the new layout, but why they decided to go cheap on the emojis, I do not know.

I've tried downloading some emojis off the net, and posting them here, but they never seem to look right. Oh well.

All i know is I'm racking up quite a few badges. And if one day the value of them can be converted into bitcoin, i could become a wealthy man. ;)

• Options
    edited August 2, 2018 6:28PM

Now i gotta figure out how to make the damn thing smaller. LOL

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta agree with Steve here and if all the Trump haters would stop the nonsense would try helping instead of causing more trouble it sure would help! ;)

• Options
    edited August 2, 2018 8:54PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    Gotta agree with Steve here and if all the Trump haters would stop the nonsense would try helping instead of causing more trouble it sure would help! ;)

Wait. Didn’t you get banned from CU for bashing the last president? Now you want everyone to not bash the current one because YOU happen to like him and his “agenda”?

mark

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if Sarah Sanders' could outrush Don Lemon.

• Options

DIMEMAN ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joined October 15, 2001
    Posts 15,952

Sure doesn't seem to me like a CU member who was banned.

But I guess now I'm going to get another "eyeroll" from Mark. LOL

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Wait. Didn’t you get banned from CU for bashing the last president? Now you want everyone to not bash the current one because YOU happen to like him and his “agenda”?

mark

Mark, I like Trump because he is trying to fix things. It's not a personal thing. I think it is terrible the way the press attacks him. And the other party (eye roll) they need to work with him instead of the constant trouble they keep causing. I have NEVER seen such bad losers. Get over it you (Dems) lost the election. It's time to come together and fix the problems!!!!

• Options

@1970s said:
    Anyone remember how big Dave Parker's bat was. Take a look at the size of it.

It's well known that Dave Parker always used a fungo bat.

I mean who was going to tell him not to?

;)

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

Dimeman that argument was used literally word for word after the 2008 election. Didn't seem to impact the other side much when they heard it.

Robb

• Options
    edited August 3, 2018 11:57AM

Coin and card collector lives matter. :)

• Options
    edited August 3, 2018 2:41PM

@stevek said:
    DIMEMAN ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joined October 15, 2001
    Posts 15,952

Steve he was banned and came back. It was because he couldn’t control himself when the last POTUS was in office. Don’t believe me? Ask him

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

mark

I have NEVER seen such bad losers. Get over it you (Dems) lost the election. It's time to come together and fix the problems!!!!

I didn’t lose the in the election. I didn’t have a horse in the race. I disliked both equally. The country lost when they rolled out the both of them and that was the choice. BTW I didn’t vote for the last POTUS either. Wasn’t a fan.

Jon, you’re a hypocrite. You are asking people to do exactly the same thing that you and yours refused to do in 2008 & 2012.

mark

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys let’s keep politics out of it, this forum has been hopping lately with a bunch of active discussions and the NFL is almost here, let’s not get the mods to start dropping the hammer.

• Options

If I can bite my tongue I know you guys can too :p

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Guys let’s keep politics out of it, this forum has been hopping lately with a bunch of active discussions and the NFL is almost here, let’s not get the mods to start dropping the hammer.

Very good advice.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@perkdog said:

Very good advice.

He is right. My bad. I really should know better by now

m

• Options
    edited August 4, 2018 9:30AM

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:
    DIMEMAN ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joined October 15, 2001
    Posts 15,952

Steve he was banned and came back. It was because he couldn’t control himself when the last POTUS was in office. Don’t believe me? Ask him

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

mark

I have NEVER seen such bad losers. Get over it you (Dems) lost the election. It's time to come together and fix the problems!!!!

I didn’t lose the in the election. I didn’t have a horse in the race. I disliked both equally. The country lost when they rolled out the both of them and that was the choice. BTW I didn’t vote for the last POTUS either. Wasn’t a fan.

Jon, you’re a hypocrite. You are asking people to do exactly the same thing that you and yours refused to do in 2008 & 2012.

mark

Mark, I am not a hypocrite! I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 because I though McCain would make a better President. When Obama won I said (and most everyone I knew said) OK he won let's see what he does. He talked a good talk. Well, we saw what he did and didn't do. He took Jimmy Carter off the hook as worst President ever. So now I think Trump should be given the same chance. And so far he is trying to fix things.

PS; Mark I didn't say you lost......look in the (). Peace.

• Options

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya!

I think the kneelers have incited this to a large degree.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya!

Agreed and I might add that you especially don’t want to get banned before your coveted 20,000th post that I believe you secretly are dying to get lol

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I agree with ya!

Agreed and I might add that you especially don’t want to get banned before your coveted 20,000th post that I believe you secretly are dying to get lol

Scroll to :50

https://youtu.be/tpyZHmGRPuE

• Options

Hahahahahahaha love it :#