Home U.S. Coin Forum

D/S buff, FS-514

ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the variety enthusiasts...

I got some grades back through Great Collection. The D/S I submitted was attributed, but with the FS #, in this case FS-514, on the holder, instead of the D/S designation I am more familiar with.

Does anyone know the attribution process enough to say why a coin would get an FS number on the holder instead of the more traditional designation?

Do pieces holder this way bring any sort of premium?

Comments

• OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several different D/S varieties for 1938. The best one D/D/D/S is FS-511. Three others, 512, 513 and 514, are less dramatic but also CPG-listed. Sounds like they are just differentiating between them. That's my guess anyway.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think D/S is what comes "free" if you use the right PCGS number. Greater specificity to get a FS number requires an attribution fee.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see I missed the last part. I think the premium depends on the variety. For the 1914/3 where I think more than one FS number was accepted, there was a very clear winner (the new FS-101).

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the D/D/D/S coin... however, the label says D/S.... I have not sent it in for correction (purchased it in the slab)....I would prefer the triple D/S to the FS-511 though... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file