Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If my coin collection could speak to me

abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would tell me this:

"You are trash. And ugly. Not good enough. You stink. You are fat. You do not belong. But you always fought for kindness. Why continue to be good if the noise around asks for you to disappear? It is hard to stay and be. Yes, they see trash. But the trash they see is from the food you shared. The sweat they smell is because of the helping hand you willingly gave. The rotting they notice is your willingness to love still, even out of your brokenness. Your story is not what was left behind when others noticed. Your story is what you have given despite of what others noticed. Others are grateful because you came and cared. The trash left behind from your kindness matter. For many. For us. So remain to be kind. Thank you for being one."

That is, if my coins got together and had an intervention.

Comments

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018 10:40PM

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2018 10:38PM

I'm pretty sure they make a pill to help should that ever occur.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

If my coins could speak to me it would freak me out and I'd have to look for a new hobby. :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coins would say..."Dude, I like you too..." :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

They would gang up and accuse me of racism and say...you only adopt color guys like us but never white guys
    And my.only response....You Don’t Say :o

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the visit. Nice to see you. It is nice to get outside of the darkness and isolation. You don't call or visit nearly often enough.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine would say ... what kind of man are you...you're nothing but a hoarder..you can never be happy with just us.. you always have to bring another one in.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coins are like kids...they are spoiled brats that cost me a lot of money. I appreciate them more than they appreciate me.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options

<3 "Feel me & LOVE me" <3

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:
    I'm pretty sure they make a pill to help should that ever occur.

I'm pretty sure the OP had taken a pill before posting. Please, folks, don't Ambien and post. It never ends well...

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

I wish I could but my wife won't let me. :'(;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coins would want to high five but then id slap the slab across the room and I'd hear a muffled bitch fest as I placed it back in the blue box and closed the lid.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the F*** are you doing?

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2018 9:27AM

That's why most are being slapped slabbed >:)

@PerryHall said:

@Paradisefound said:

I wish I could but my wife won't let me. :'(;)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to think they are lonely and need more company, lots more. My bank account says you are an idiot.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a strange way this thread reminded me of a quote from Jazz great Eddie Condon in connection with the talent Ted Lewis displayed on the clarinet... And I am paraphrasing

"Ted really knew how to make a clarinet talk...and the clarinet often replied... Put me back in my case"

Perhaps the morals of the quote as they pertain to this thread are... Don't keep your coins in a case... Or It's not about the instrument you play but how well you play and appreciate it.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing my dogs would say

“We love living here!!! Thanks for adopting us!! Of coarse we love Mom more and we forgive the kids!!”

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coins would say, "How about some new blood around here." It's been about 1-1/2 months since my last pickup. Other than that I think they are happy as I try and take them out a few times a week.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

To a few top Registry participants in the Jefferson nickel series their coins would say.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file