Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Circle of trust

gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a secret code word or some way to let other members know that you're in the know?
This post is sort of in jest and sort of for real. I just think that when dealing with others in buying and selling, use your best judgement and trust your instincts.

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at gtstang dredging up the circle of trust! You know who broke it!

Doug
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

....if I were.....I wouldn't possibly.....

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will have all enter the cone of silence first...

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Supply references if needed?

What does "In the know" refer to, if I may ask. How many deals do you have to do?

How many years, is it really a "thing"

I don't mean to break up this joke fest, but this has been brought up many times over the years. I am actually curious. As I am sure a lot of other member are too.

Please Share, pm the secret hand shake if necessary. Lol

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

Listen and learn well but you should always follow your instincts ;)

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Emporer has no clothes!!! >:):p

• Options

@jtlee321 said:
    The Emporer has no clothes!!! >:):p

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    ....if I were.....I wouldn't possibly.....

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 6:38AM

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,889 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only those in the circle can see your 6th star I've heard rumored
    I wouldn't know

• Options
    edited June 27, 2018 10:17PM

@gtstang said:
    Is there a secret code word or some way to let other members know that you're in the know?
    This post is sort of in jest and sort of for real. I just think that when dealing with others in buying and selling, use your best judgement and trust your instincts.

You are right I Think I only had one. I was going to buy some silver buffalos and ask for his address to send the $$$ he said I sold them to some one else for $5 more after we did the deal he told me you never paid me it was only 10 min. I never did anther deal with him again. Other then that I bought a lot with no problems. But I just can buy from some one with 5 post not saying they are bad I just cant I don't know why but it's just me dumb Type2. I don't like when deals go bad but I think I will out them if I paid good $$$ and never saw my money back or what I bought, Thats Just me Dumb Type2.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018 10:26PM

The term "Circle of Trust" is creepy and sounds like a cult. Don't drink the Kool-Aid. As for being "in the know," the content of posts speaks for itself. Always verify everything... Don't take any one single poster's word as gospel. Also, if someone doesn't take him/herself seriously (and attempt to meaningfully contribute), then neither will anyone else. If someone is clueless, it usually shows.

As for BST implications, use common sense and do not rely on blind trust. I can think of multiple occasions when a once well established and trusted member of the community turned out to be a complete sleaze bag who had scammed numerous individuals.

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018 10:35PM

Ahhh, grasshopper... for the unwary...

OR, for those in the know...

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I hear circle of trust, can't help to think about Meet the Parents.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 3:32AM

@morgansforever said:
    When I hear circle of trust, can't help to think about Meet the Parents.

https://youtu.be/KfDncEmY0hY

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 4:23AM

It's 420am and you guys are hilarious.

...as for the 12h in between...

:Do:)B):p:o:*

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not in the circle of trust - however, all the 133 forum members I have done transactions with are ;)

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha same here. I haven't bought from some of the biggest players here, but I've bought bargain box junk from some people who I think are pretty big; e.g., 90%, bullion and "bargain bin" $100-$1k coins. Last coin I sold was $850 to an established member, I paid free insured shipping.

I've noticed an increase in 2-5 post members offering to sell me their "inherited" counterfeits/questionables and fake varieties I've never heard of or seen with giant price tags by money order LOL

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking @dcarr should produce some COT membership medals for proof of membership.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Omerta. B) Once you are 'made', then you will know. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I want you all to synchronize your tongues to silence."
    Archie Bunker

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

The members here who collect and appreciate totally original coins are part of the Circle of Crust. Ricko used to belong but we found out he dips coins so we had to kick him out. :o;):D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just need 5 digits in the number of posts.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first rule of Circle of Trust is.......

Well, you know the rest.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 2:46PM

If I give it to you, I'll have to k*** or "Hoffa'd" you B)

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Omerta. B) Once you are 'made', then you will know. Cheers, RickO

What Ricko said :D

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Swordfish

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever been snipe hunting? Gone cow tipping? Been selected for the Circle of Trust?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

Yes I trust you and yes you can barrow my car just don't dent it.....

I think some one will get the point some day.

Trust Ya.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Circle of trust is between myself, and my right hand reaching for wallet. No others permitted.

• Options

:D How about your left hand? >:)

@PocketArt said:
    Circle of trust is between myself, and my right hand reaching for wallet. No others permitted.

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

@PocketArt said:

Use that for wiping my arse, or giving the bird.

• Options

What a full circle of trust :p

@PocketArt said:

@Paradisefound said:

@PocketArt said:

Use that for wiping my arse, or giving the bird.

• Options
    edited June 28, 2018 4:10PM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file