Home Precious Metals
Options

Father's Day special, $100 in free 24k gold or platinum...seriously. Legitimate offer expires 6-13

davidkdavidk Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
edited June 29, 2018 8:14AM in Precious Metals

Figured I’d share this with all of the bullionaires on the forum. May sound ‘spammy’, but trust me the deal is legit.

Mene (same CEO as goldmoney.com) has a sweet Father’s Day promotion going on through midnight 6-13-18.

Use code FATHERS18 at checkout to receive $100 off any item (all items are 24k gold and platinum) they sell. Many of the less expensive items (~$100) are out of stock probably due to the promotion, but if you dig you should be able to find something for a little over $100, you just pay the difference.

Make sure to use the referral link https://Mene.com/invite/yR7A2C to create your account. By using this referral link you will ALSO receive a $50 credit for this order and all future orders (only orders paid with credit card, Paypal, etc, no bonus on orders paid with Mene bonus credits - bonus plan changed ~ 6-29-18). If you create a new account without using the referral link you will NOT receive the $50 credit for this or future orders. It’s a no-brainer to use the referral link.

I know this sounds too good to be true, but it’s totally legit…they’re trying to grow their business. I’m cashing in on their generous offer and have hooked up all of my family and friends already.

They had items for less than $100 a few days ago…totally free after code, but it looks like most are now sold out.

Enjoy :)

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options

@Timbuk3 said:
    :s !!!

What's wrong?

• Options

An article about Mene in the New York Times: https://nytimes.com/2018/05/10/fashion/jewelry-mene-gold-value.html

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love a good bargain but I am going to sit this one out.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2018 4:33PM

I just bought $180 worth of 24k gold (spot price) for $111. and it even let me pay with PP with no extra fee. Ill let you know, You know what they say about if it sound too good.....but on the other hand it looks legit, a lot of sold out stuff, so someone's buying it, and everything is sold by weight.

Edited to add: I didn't get the $50 referral you were talking about though.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2018 9:07PM

@BruceS said:
    I just bought $180 worth of 24k gold (spot price) for $111. and it even let me pay with PP with no extra fee. Ill let you know, You know what they say about if it sound too good.....but on the other hand it looks legit, a lot of sold out stuff, so someone's buying it, and everything is sold by weight.

Edited to add: I didn't get the $50 referral you were talking about though.

Sweet. I get the $50 referral bonus on my account AFTER my order processes and ships. If they mess something up email or live chat and they’ll make it right. I’ve purchased over 20 items from them.

I know it sounds too good to be true, and trying to convince people to pick up free metal, or metal below spot, has been like trying to give away chicken pox around here :)

This is one of the few things that sounded too good to be true that has been a very good deal for me. My buddy bought his fiancé a beautiful thick 24k band for about spot after some credits. Unreal, but I’ll take it.

Their business model is foreign to westerners, but not to Asians. Research goldmoney.com, same CEO. Peter Schiff used to be involve if you know who he is.

• Options

Alright David you convinced me contrary to what I said a few hours ago. Paid by credit card through PayPal so I should have enough protection if something goes south. I can't pass up platinum at $22.37 a gram even if it is some stupid ring.

• Options
    edited June 13, 2018 5:30PM

@MorganMan94 said:
    Alright David you convinced me contrary to what I said a few hours ago. Paid by credit card through PayPal so I should have enough protection if something goes south. I can't pass up platinum at $22.37 a gram even if it is some stupid ring.

Agreed. I have some charms that I have no personal use for...but I bet my nieces would love. I can’t believe more bullion buyers haven’t stumbled across Mene yet, but that’s probably why they’re doing such aggressive marketing.

I’ll bet you will be surprised by the top notch gift packaging as well. They must spend a fortune on it.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I go to a website and they will not let me back out, but trap me and will not let go my red flags go up. No thanks.

• Options

@Smudge said:
    When I go to a website and they will not let me back out, but trap me and will not let go my red flags go up. No thanks.

Sorry, I’ve never had an issue.

• Options
    edited June 13, 2018 8:30PM

And you can only use the discount once I just tried again. :s . Im.not sure of their time zone, but you have Very little time to buy pure gold way under spot. I have no affiliation, but it's a real good deal.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2018 9:09PM

@BruceS said:
    And you can only use the discount once I just tried again. :s . Im.not sure of their time zone, but you have Very little time to buy pure gold way under spot. I have no affiliation, but it's a real good deal.

Pleased that you’re pleased. Please report back to this thread and share your experience, good or bad.

My intention was to share a product that I think too few are talking about. I was sold when my friend invited me, and I’m happy with the product...and especially the value.

If they start letting people down I want to know so I know to not recommend them.

If someone knows of someone doing a similar thing better, and so transparent with the pricing, please reply or send me a PM. Love to hear about it.

I’d like to find a similar company that offers Cuban style thick chains. Really.

• Options

If anyone picks up a charm or pendant make sure you also choose one of the free leather straps. I find them useful...and free :)

• Options
    edited June 13, 2018 9:04PM

@Smudge said:

Sounds like you don’t like how their page navigation works, and I tend to agree...even though this has been common behavior in web sites for over a decade. Many sites don’t like the back and forward arrows, and want you to navigate entirely within the site UI.

I like this company enough to report these types of wants because I value their product, and like their philosophy. They are transparent and fair...and are trying to do to the investment jewelry business what the TPGs did to the coin market...provide transparency. These guys are more transparent on pricing than ANY company I’ve ever seen.

I wouldn’t recommend them if I wasn’t a customer. Hope everyone loves the product as much as I do.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like I missed the window of opportunity.... However, will keep them in mind and watch for other deals. Thanks for posting... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Looks like I missed the window of opportunity.... However, will keep them in mind and watch for other deals. Thanks for posting... Cheers, RickO

RickO

There is still some value in creating an account using a referral link. You'll get $5 credit immediately, and you will also get a $50 credit for every purchase you make. I definitely wouldn't recommend creating an account without using a referral since then you have no way of getting the $50 credit for each purchase deal.

I'll share any great deals, like the Father's Day one, as well.

davidk

• Options
    edited June 14, 2018 7:36AM

For those who created a Mene account, you now have your own 'Invite link' (referral link) under 'My Account', 'Mene Credits', 'Invite and Earn'. This is the same place your $50 credit should show up after your order ships.

Make sure that you share this with friends and family because, as I understand it, if they don't use a referral code to sign up they won't be eligible for the $50 credit back after every purchase.

@BruceS @MorganMan94

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

davidk: Are you employed by/associated with this company?? Just asking.

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2018 8:04AM

@nankraut said:
    davidk: Are you employed by/associated with this company?? Just asking.

Not at all. I just understand how their systems work since my friend introduced me and I've made many purchases. By signing up with my friend's link I'm getting $50 credit on every purchase that I make, which makes their already 'good' deals (transparent spot+workmanship pricing) even more appealing...that's all I'm trying to get across.

All of the information that I've shared is in their FAQ at https://mene.com/customer-service

I'm a little bit of a metal hound, and a deal hound as well. I wish there were more companies that had a similar business model with the price transparency showing spot melt value plus the small 'workmanship' markup. THIS is the way to buy wearable, relatively low margin, PMs in my opinion.

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

Thank you Davidk

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2018 12:55PM

FWIW, my FATHERS18 code purchase that I placed on the 11th just shipped today...so it looks like they're a few days out on shipping for those who got in on the deal.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2018 6:21AM

Here is my link in case someone wants to support a fellow board member, lol sorry David :D
    come on guys sign up, free $5 and when they have another below spot deal you will get an email.
    [Https://Mene.com/invite/AJxs92]

eBay ID-bruceshort978
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2018 10:54PM

@BruceS said:
    Here is my link in case someone wants to support a fellow board member, lol sorry David :D
    come on guys sign up, free $5 and when they have another below spot deal you will get an email.
    Mene.com/invite/AJxs92

Plenty of great deals near spot, or below, just using the perpetual $50 credit for every order. Best deal I’ve ever found.

Just have to setup your account with a referral link, or you don’t get the full benefits. Brilliant viral marketing.

• Options
    edited June 15, 2018 11:08PM

@BruceS Your referral link is broken.

• Options

@davidk said:
    @BruceS Your referral link is broken.

Thanks, fixed now.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
  • Options

I was starting to get concerned when my payment still showed as pending on PayPal but today I got tracking information and it should be here Thursday. We will see how it turns out.

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:
    I was starting to get concerned when my payment still showed as pending on PayPal but today I got tracking information and it should be here Thursday. We will see how it turns out.

Great to hear. I think that they had some longer than usual shipping times due to Father's Day.

In my experience you should now have a $50 referral bonus credit (like cash for purchases) on your account under Mene Credits. I believe that those credits are good for 6 months.

• Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Placed an order in the 15th, arrived today. Nice item, packed well.

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2018 10:16AM

@tnspro said:
    Placed an order in the 15th, arrived today. Nice item, packed well.

Great to hear that you're pleased. You should also now see a $50 credit balance on your account toward a future purchase. You will get one of these credits after every purchase. The referral bonus credits expire 6 months from issue date.

• Options
    edited June 28, 2018 6:27PM

If anyone created an account with my original referral code (still valid, but Father’s Day promo is long over) and placed an order, and now has a $50 referral bonus....Mene now has the 24k platinum #1 charm in stock.

$71.05 - $50 referral bonus credit (ONLY for accounts created with a referral code) = $59.21 melt platinum... for $21.05 net and $38.16 under spot net.

Pretty hard to resist for me. Also picked up a few platinum crosses as stock is apparently replenishing after the Father’s Day sale.

@MorganMan94 @tnspro @BruceS

• Options
    edited June 28, 2018 6:04PM

The heart knot Pt ring is also available below spot. Size 5, 7.98g Pt, $219.77 spot value, $43.95 ‘Mene fee’ (markup) = $263.72. After burning a $50 bonus credit you can buy it for $6 under spot.

• Options

I received my first order last weekend and all was great. Came in a gift box with some paperwork. It was .33 grams underweight (which they noted on a slip they sent in the package showing certification and some other semi-professional stuff). I called and they refunded the missing platinum value.
    Yesterday I bought a number charm (3, only because it was the cheapest) and after my $50 coupon it was $7.17 for 1.73 grams of platinum.

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:
    I received my first order last weekend and all was great. Came in a gift box with some paperwork. It was .33 grams underweight (which they noted on a slip they sent in the package showing certification and some other semi-professional stuff). I called and they refunded the missing platinum value.
    Yesterday I bought a number charm (3, only because it was the cheapest) and after my $50 coupon it was $7.17 for 1.73 grams of platinum.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pt #3 charm. Incredible deal!

• Options
    edited June 29, 2018 8:11AM

Oh no, it looks like they just changed their referral bonus program. It looks like you will now only receive the $50 credit for cash/CC purchases...no longer on purchases made with existing credits.

"Earn $5 every time someone signs-up and $50 every time that person makes a purchase without using gift cards and/or Menē credits. These credits will be paid to both you and the person who originally used your invite-link to join Menē!"

They still have great deals though.

• Options

@davidk said:
    Oh no, it looks like they just changed their referral bonus program. It looks like you will now only receive the $50 credit for cash purchases...no longer on purchases made with existing credits.

"Earn $5 every time someone signs-up and $50 every time that person makes a purchase without using gift cards and/or Menē credits. These credits will be paid to both you and the person who originally used your invite-link to join Menē!"

:(

Where did you see that? Hard to blame them though as they can't keep these kind of discounts up forever.

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:

@davidk said:
    Oh no, it looks like they just changed their referral bonus program. It looks like you will now only receive the $50 credit for cash purchases...no longer on purchases made with existing credits.

:(

Where did you see that? Hard to blame them though as they can't keep these kind of discounts up forever.

Here: https://mene.com/account/earn

Their terms said all along that the program was subject to change without notice.

• Options
    edited June 29, 2018 8:13AM

Received my gold also, happy with the charm. Heavy, all the gift wrap was a little much and couldn't have been cheap, that should be a check out option.

Going to use my free $55 for some more PMs later, the mobile site doesn't work so well from my phone.

I am surprised more of the metal bugs here haven't taking advantage of the under spot deals yet? It is a nice way to stack a little differently. I know its only a few grams at a time, but it's pure
    24K gold!! People.

And don't forget to use my link. ;) If you do!!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
  • Options

@BruceS said:
    Received my gold also, happy with the charm. Heavy, all the gift wrap was a little much and couldn't have been cheap, that should be a check out option.

Going to use my free $55 for some more PMs later, the mobile site doesn't work so well from my phone.

I am surprised more of the metal bugs here haven't taking advantage of the under spot deals yet? It is a nice way to stack a little differently. I know its only a few grams at a time, but it's pure
    24K gold!! People.

You can only use one or the other (I believe), the $50 or the $5. @davidk can correct me if I am wrong.

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:

@BruceS said:

24K gold!! People.

You can only use one or the other (I believe), the $50 or the $5. @davidk can correct me if I am wrong.

I've used the codes together on several orders without issue. It's easy to tell if the code works when you checkout, and the codes obviously get applied before prompting for further payment (if needed) so you can always just stop the order process if you're not satisfied with how the code(s) were applied.