Home U.S. Coin Forum

...and the WINNER is..........the 'Dedicated And Devoted' D~A~D

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 17, 2018 9:56PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Share a story you are proud of on your sons / daughters accomplishment with our fellow CU members......
...or share a family story you are proud of......... if you rather not brag ;)
edited to include Dads of any pets <3
I think Father's Day needs to be elevated up to the kind of Mother's Day.....roses.....box of chocolates.....special special gift etc <3

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018 11:38PM

@Ricko likes this non blast white coin.....and I think you would too ;) I call it toy coin and it is actually really neat :) .999 silver from Perth Mint limited edition ;)
    I'll draw on Father Day...... <3 Have FUN

Brag away my friend...the kids exist because you married your sweetheart <3

@yosclimber said:
    Not sure I want to start the bragging contest! :smile:
    Plus, mom and the kids deserve a lot of the credit, too - wouldn't want to claim it all. :smile:

He followed his dream and you @AUandAG cleared the path toward his success :)

<3 encouragement @yosclimber and your tireless support got them where they are today <3 Congratulation on the job well done on your part :)

GBU @SurfinxHI for what you've done. Your daughter is following her Dad's path.....it seems <3 Happy Dad Day my brother :)

<3@mustangmanbob.....deep appreciations for you as well as your son for the service to the country. I hope peace will prevail o:)

;) 1 vs 4....now I see how you've sharpened your white WIT ;)

@ricko said:
    I have three daughters......

• EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice thread, but makes me feel completely inadequate as a father haha. :p

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the diagnosis.
    He looks like a great friend, the kind of dog that 'Mad Max' would have by his side. :smile:

He's a Blue Heeler mix with Border Collie, extremely intelligent and very easy to train. Best dog I could hope for.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NVU... great looking dog... and I feel your sorrow... Dogs are family.... very sorry to hear of the diagnosis... Cheers, RickO

edited June 13, 2018 3:41PM

:'( I am so sorry to hear @NVU.....Faith is a beautiful thing....in so many ways.....both of you crossed that path to forever cherish each other <3

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both my kids 11-9 both got ready for school on their own and made the bus everyday last year without incident or arguing. It didn’t hurt that I got up and got dressed too and toughed out the cold rain and snow etc. with them. Some days the hill is too slick for the bus and we have to walk down to the lower pick up site. We brought a football this year and threw it with all the kids and made waiting way more fun.

Things like this is all I ask! All indications so far is that they’ll be great at life.

@1630Boston
    @ricko
    @Paradisefound
    Thank you! I’ll make sure he gets your loves

edited June 13, 2018 8:16PM

:(

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:

@NVU said:
    The only son I have. I adopted him when he was 2 months old. I taught him lots of tricks and he does it and does it well on demand. Unfortunately, he diagnosed with cancer and his health is deteriorating. He might not make it till the end of this year but we always have fun together to the fullest....

I'll say a prayer for your little guy.

My daughter is a veterinary oncologist. She treats for pets whose owners will pay, but mostly does not recommend treatment unless caught very early. Best wishes with your "son", sorry to hear the news. Cancer treatment can prolong his life a little, but causes suffering. Sorry for the downer post. Best wishes.

My daughter is a veterinary oncologist. She treats for pets whose owners will pay, but mostly does not recommend treatment unless caught very early. Best wishes with your "son", sorry to hear the news. Cancer treatment can prolong his life a little, but causes suffering. Sorry for the downer post. Best wishes.

I agree 100%. My wife and I found out about his cancer, but it was too late for treatment so we decided to let nature take its course. Once he becomes too ill, we’ll let him go peacefully. Thanks very much for your thoughtfulness!

• JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018 11:14AM

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

<3 My condolences for you <3
    @dennis1219
    @Jeffnlu

@Paradisefound said:
    <3 My condolences for you <3
    @dennis1219
    @Jeffnlu

+1

Happy Fathers Day To All !