Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1899 IHC-Reverse Die clash/RPD/MPD/Possible obverse clash. Anyone confirm?

CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 4, 2018 4:30AM in U.S. Coin Forum

@]ap00.

It has been awhile everyone! Went to my local coin shop and picked this guy for $40 bc I noticed the clash. Did not norice the RPD :) Either way I am not knowledgeable in IHC varietys at all. On the obverse I see a repunched date. On the entire date. A line on the side of his cheeks. Thats about it. A die crack and few small things. On the reverse I see a clash on the right side of the olive leave's and going through the 'C' in "Cent" any input on to where I should verify what I am seeing? Thanks for all the comments and sorry for such a long post everyone.

Comments

• Options

Misplaced 9? South of the 9 on the rim

• Options

**** another picture

• Options

misplaced 9?

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

In some kind of order:
    MPD: yes
    RPD: yes.
    Die clash: probably.

The part with the "ONE CENT" Longacre Doubling, common, nothing

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

@Treashunt said:
    In some kind of order:
    MPD: yes
    RPD: yes.
    Die clash: probably.

The part with the "ONE CENT" Longacre Doubling, common, nothing

Thank you very much for your help! As for the common doubling. Appreciate it. Now I guess I need to study up some more.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck, just google "Longacre Doubling'.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pictures... I agree with the above evaluations... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yep. Thanks for the help everyone. Room some better looks with a dimmer light setting. Confirmed the clash on the obverse and reverse as well. I feel I am going to partake in a IHC addiction. LOL

• Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the above posters. I checked my snow reference guide and it looks like you have a S-27. If you are going to seriously collect Indian cents I would highly recommend picking up one of Rick Snow's attribution guides!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice RPD. I think they are very cool.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ironmanl63 said:
    I agree with the above posters. I checked my snow reference guide and it looks like you have a S-27. If you are going to seriously collect Indian cents I would highly recommend picking up one of Rick Snow's attribution guides!

There are far worse things to be addicted to than Indian cents! I agree that Rick Snow's guides are indispensable. Happy hunting and thanks for being a young, serious, enthusiastic researcher!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

Will be picking up some books soon! Thanks for the comments all and the help. Much appreciated!

• Options

@giorgio11 said:

@ironmanl63 said:

There are far worse things to be addicted to than Indian cents! I agree that Rick Snow's guides are indispensable. Happy hunting and thanks for being a young, serious, enthusiastic researcher!

Kind regards,

George

Thank you! Agreed

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file