Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

June 2018 Pickups...

1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

June starts with my favorite player in a rarity. I'm in no rush to get it in a PSA slab because I think it looks pretty hot, as is...

1958 Holiday Inn Premium Photo Card (Mickey Mantle)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice Tim.

What's the dimensions?

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Really nice Tim.

What's the dimensions?

5x7 glossy - from the Joplin, Missouri location...

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

my buddy bought the atomic from this guy, I got the refractor and base. gonna have to convince my buddy to sell me the atomic so all three are together again. these 97 bowmans best are getting addicting.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another one added to the collection

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never seen that Stanley Cup card, but like all trophy/award cards, I love it!

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018 4:01PM

@clarke442 said:
    Another one added to the collection

It's a beaut Clarke!

Here are two more for my 70's Sabres Run.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Nice 68 pack!
    Top card looks to have nice centering. Let's see what else is in there. ;)

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice pack Monte!

Is that a game card I see on top?

Mike
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    I just purchased this beautiful pack...

Great taste Monte and I just saw that pack listed. Tough pack to find and looks like it is in great shape.

KC

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx guys for the comments. It is staying in my pack and gum run. Centering does look nice.

Monte

mint_only_pls
  • Options

Lovin' some Hockey !

Here are two more for my 70's Sabres Run.

Kevin

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way you crack that one - beauty of a pack and should stay that way.

KC

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

KC...

It is remaining sealed!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there another one available? I ask because there is one up right now with the same cert # 28967335

@KendallCat said:

@mintonlypls said:
    I just purchased this beautiful pack...

Great taste Monte and I just saw that pack listed. Tough pack to find and looks like it is in great shape.

KC

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice cards, everyone. That Cup card is awesome.

I picked up an island.

Arthur

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two more additions to my 52 set.

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

I figured I'd go ahead and get this one before I could only afford a reprint.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2018 5:33PM

part of garage sale purchase.. some cards vintage some modern. just going to load in a few from the box . none of the card are mint except the modern. couple cards are graded

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Love all this hockey. Beautiful 52’s too.

Added a 52 Campy High #

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Nice Campy @lamontcarter and also the other '52's @ssdawg77

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Thanks @Piggs!

• Options

More Trophies
    1985 7-11 Credit Cards

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was pretty stoked to win these two MJ 5x7 Nike Poster Cards that rarely show up on ebay. Unfortunately PSA won't grade these two which is a bummer because they look gorgeous overall.

• Options

I have Mantle already and saw this nice clean one pop up as well so I grabbed it. Anyone have a line on the rest?

1956 NY Yankees Action Pictures Elston Howard

1956 NY Yankees Action Pictures Mickey Mantle

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

One of my absolute favorite cards growing up was the non-tiffany version of this. Such a cool looking card.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Not many pickups lately, but I upgraded a card in my 1951 Ringside set. Still #4 on the Registry. Hope to purchase a few more in the next Mile High auction. Also added a few National Treasures Jason Williams autographs.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018 6:02AM

I picked up another Bart Starr Card. I love the centering and I can live with the print marks on the border but there is something funny about the shadow on the right side of his face. It doesn't match other 1961 Bart Starr cards. I'm not sure why this one is like this. The card wasn't expensive, so it's not a big concern or anything. Just don't understand why it is different. A little too much color on the card perhaps. A graded fake?
    Anyone have an idea?

• Options
    justrun7justrun7 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

COMC mailday with a few LCS pickups mixed in.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2018 7:56PM

A couple Griffey cards for the collection so far... Ultra is a POP 6.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple more additions to my Kareem collection thanks to the 20% off promotion

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Gorgeous card, James.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the last 20% off coupon I couldn’t find a card I really wanted, so I went for this instead...

• Options

Just received this back from our host.

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Johnny Morris was a speedy WR for the Bears from 1958 until 1967. He was a popular sports news guy for many years in Chicago. Someone didn't take very good care of the case but the card looks nice and there aren't many around in this shape.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2018 7:17AM

It has come to the point with my 1955 Parkhurst set that every new 8 I add is a tough and infrequent addition. Perhaps 3 new 8's a year for me now. https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/hockey/company-sets/1955-56-parkhurst/publishedset/46394

Very happy with this new Auriel Joliat PSA 8 addition I picked up on eBay from Tony eTrade as they broke up a graded set they just purchased from an auction house.

-Nathanael

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yoda99 said:
    Johnny Morris was a speedy WR for the Bears from 1958 until 1967. He was a popular sports news guy for many years in Chicago. Someone didn't take very good care of the case but the card looks nice and there aren't many around in this shape.

Sweet looking Johnny Morris card. I would send that card in for a review and revolder. Congrats!

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou Beautiful Parkie. I feel your pain. My 70s Sabres Run while not stopping has slowed considerably. I snag a couple a month now and it feels like it's never going to finish this year, which was my goal. Enjoying the hunt though.

@clarke442 Whats the story with the 95 Roy. UD did have a NHL license in '95 right? But it looks like they changed colors and hid logos or am I missing something?

Here are two more for my '70s Sabres run.

Kevin

• Options

I'm glad we have a handful of hockey collectors posting. I love seeing the hockey cards that I missed growing up. That Joliat is sensational. I still think hockey has the nicest looking cards from the prewar era.

Those Griffeys are great. I remember Flair and loved the design. Nowadays it's those Fleer Ultra cards that capture my eye. From the mid-90s until they ended, Fleer Ultra had the best base design IMO. I love the full bleed photos and the variations on the little league font for the player's name. I am a sucker for the Gold Medallion parallels and usually target them as my representative rookie card for a player.

Great pickups everybody. The diversity here is so much fun to take in.

Arthur

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:

Those Griffeys are great. I remember Flair and loved the design. Nowadays it's those Fleer Ultra cards that capture my eye. From the mid-90s until they ended, Fleer Ultra had the best base design IMO. I love the full bleed photos and the variations on the little league font for the player's name. I am a sucker for the Gold Medallion parallels and usually target them as my representative rookie card for a player.

Arthur

Arthur, I could not agree more, I love Fleer Ultra! The Gold and Platinum medallions are some of my favorite cards of that era, always adding them to my Yankees and Cowboys binders.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

@Kid4hof03 said:

@ReggieCleveland said:

Arthur

Arthur, I could not agree more, I love Fleer Ultra! The Gold and Platinum medallions are some of my favorite cards of that era, always adding them to my Yankees and Cowboys binders.

Really? I never see them at the place that shall not be named. Do you have shiny shame, my friend? You're holding back on me, Abe!

Arthur