Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A new addition to the all encompassing Libertas Collection

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 31, 2018 3:24PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This is the 2000 64 gram ( 2.25 oz ) format. Snatched this up from David McCarthy raw. I asked him to be kind enough to send it down the road to PCGS World Headquarters to be encapsulated. Raw medals of this ilk tend to acquire haze or schmutz from time to time. So in between polishing up his Numismatist of The Year trophy and taking the Kagins van for a Starbucks run David was kind enough to get this medal cleaned up for the grading event. Boom. Nailed it. I received it today in the ole NYC showroom. DCAM Proof 69.

mark

It was fitting that some of my best styles are lucite

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a classic design well played

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin is sweet! My Daughter would also love those shoes!!

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

She looks shiny and new...!

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulation Mark! What a beautiful addition <3
    The silver slip is definitely ME....thank you for the tease ;)

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome piece for your very nice set.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that will get your attention.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark are you changing on us the shoes are a dead giveaway. I'm cool with it we will all need to adjust when we see you. Very nice coin.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning!

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!! It's lovely! The 2000 issued medals are one of my favorites! (Oh, and glad to see David could get it out of its capsule! ;) )

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang! Dang! Dang!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an absolute stunner!

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh poo. I like Ikes. :p:D

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very. Ice of course!

What’s with the shoes?

• Options
    edited May 31, 2018 6:56PM

@Boosibri said:
    Very. Ice of course!

What’s with the shoes?

I'm in charge of design for the International Division ( everything but the US) of that company. I received the medal in NY. I was setting up for a show next week. The lucite shoes where a nice tie in for the giant "lucite" slab.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Boosibri said:
    Very. Ice of course!

What’s with the shoes?

I'm in charge of design for the International Division ( everything but the US) of that company. I received the medal in NY. I was setting up for a show next week. The lucite shoes where a nice tie in for the giant "lucite" slab.

m

Cool gig!

• Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 7:56PM

It came out really nicely. I regret not taking a "before" picture of it - it was pretty murky...

Incidentally, I sold the crap out of Steve Madden's shoes back in the '90s at my friend's boutique in Buffalo; actually sold Angelica Huston a pair while she was filming Buffalo '66 with Vincent Gallo.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 8:30PM

You are an artist....now I know why you love beautiful coins <3

@Justacommeman said:

m

• Options

@Regulated said:
    It came out really nicely. I regret not taking a "before" picture of it - it was pretty murky...

Incidentally, I sold the crap out of Steve Madden's shoes back in the '90s at my friend's boutique in Buffalo; actually sold Angelica Huston a pair while she was filming Buffalo '66 with Vincent Gallo.

I probably know your friend from shoe shows . We were a very very small company in the early to mid 90's.

m

• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful!

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

2.25 oz? You could hurt someone with that. Great looking piece of gold. :)

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

Really nice Medal, love it!

Between you, @Cardinal, and @Paradisefound, I'm being tempted to find one myself.....but I think @Paradisefound is next. I'm keeping my eye out.

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantasmagoric!! Beautiful gold coin... and super grade as well....That one deserves a place of honor for all to see and admire. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Regulated said:

I probably know your friend from shoe shows . We were a very very small company in the early to mid 90's.

m

It was a shop called "Das Boot" in Buffalo that was owned by Bob and Connie Kotas.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful hunk of gold.

• Options
    23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Mark, as an avid and enthusiastic collector of anything Libertas, i say congratulations on your beautiful addition. I asked my wife about your shoe picture, and she said “beautiful, very sexy!” I said “What do you think of the medal?”,and her reply was “What medal?”. I have seen multiple Maddens in her closet. She loves shoes, quite a collector. Great medal, i need one!
    Bob

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, Mark!

• Options
    DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Congrats on a beautiful addition, Mark!

And those shoes remind me of the surprise gift you gave to my (then) teenage daughter.

She thinks you walk on water. She still asks how you are doing from time to time.

Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you Mark!

Women and shoes. My brother and ladies feet. When will it all end?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file