Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hi guys does anyone know about this 1c lincoln penny 2018...

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you are correct it is a 2018 cent. Thanks for sharing.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Mr_j06Mr_j06 Posts: 25

Do agree that is a D mint mark struck on the year?

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BruceS said:
    Yes, you are correct it is a 2018 cent. Thanks for sharing.

Throw away lines often ring true.

• Options

Im sorry im just kind a new collector so just getting some knowledge...i didnt get that about "throw away lines often ring true"?was that a error D mint mark or no....

Thanks for helping me out..

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see a D. I see some disturbance inside the loops of the 8, but the photo isn't clear or in enough focus to see what it is. Could be a scratch or gouge in the die.

• Options

Thanks you guys for the knowledge in this error coins...here's some picture but not as good it was...

• Options

Thanks for suggestion bob...yeah i might or post it on ebay on future i guest...

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 3:10PM

Very nice penny!

Did you happen to pick up some of the 2017 of the 225 anniversary set with the penny that has the enhanced penny. Very nice and pretty I think they run about 25 bucks now. They made a bunch of them but neat penny! Here is the link.
    The 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set™ contains 10 coins with enhanced uncirculated finishes, each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/225th-anniversary-enhanced-uncirculated-coin-set-17XC.html?cgid=2017-product-schedule

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

AUandAG was just joking

It's worth 1 cent. It's not worth the trouble to even put it on ebay much less shell out mega bucks to get it graded.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, no offence meant, I meant he made a quick remark as to what it is and was right. Try buying some junk silver and looking through that. Keep it up, you never know what you will find.

• Options

Tnx chrish821 for some tip and tricks...

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

For future reference here is a 2018 from Denver to compare:
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd guess the lack of detail on the hair, ear, bow tie is due to excessive die wear? The base of the bust is fuzzy but the VDB is large and bold.

I'd guess that when you are trying to make cents as cheaply as possible, you squeeze more and more usage from the dies before replacing.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gotten OBW fresh quarters that have nicely(?) raised flow lines all over the field

Then there's the spotting.

Embarrassingly bad.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_j06....Welcome aboard.... Your cent has a die chip in the date... no numismatic value. I suggest you buy a RedBook and a Cherry Pickers Guide...since you are new to collecting, these will be a tremendous aid to you when looking at coins. Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be more beneficial to post your photos of your coins in the proper format - not upside down or sideways.. etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file