Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Trick or Treat!!! (giveaway) WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
First prize winner is......Tahoe98. Second prize winner......blue62vette. Congrats on winning, and thanks everyone for participating!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! I'm doing 2 giveaways! The forum has been good to me, and I would like to show my appreciation by offering this giveaway! All you have to do is reply to this thread and tell me what you are going to be for halloween (post pics if you like)...or what you would be if you weren't glued to the PCGS forum. image I will pick 2 winners using a random number generator. Winner numer one gets the archive, number two gets the peace dollar. You have until Sunday, November 7th at Midnight to respond.

Giveaway #1: I had this listed on the BST for a while, and it didn't sell for what I wanted to sell it for, so instead of giving it away for some really low price, I thought I would just give it away!

Park City Silver Mining Archive. I don't have room in my office for all my stuff, so I am clearing out this archive. It contains a Park City Stock Certificate, a bunch of silver coins (Morgan, Walker, Franklin, Merc and Roosie) that are well matched, and an original sketch by yours truly (pen and ink and gouache.) The frame is very high quality, handmade, by a local company. I removed the glass to photograph it, but will ship it with Plexyglass (to avoid breakage.)

Giveaway #2: 1926 Peace Dollar, Probably UNC according to details. Nice toning, which means it's been cleaned (these didn't tone naturally like this.) Doesn't seem to be too hairlined IMHO, the pics look worse than the coin does in hand... a VERY pleasing piece for those going for looks!!!
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For halloween I will be a guy giving out candy......

Thanks for the chance!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Thanks for the generous giveaway! For Halloween, I'm going to pretend to be cancer free. My 5 year old is dressing up in the tradfitional garb of his mom's country (Bolivia). Hopefully, pics. to follow!
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a very generous giveaway!!!

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Popeye and Olive Oyl...guess which one I'm going to be... Thanks for the chance
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    the dog and I have door duty...maybe I'll dress as dorothy,scare the bejeesus outa the kids then azure and I can split the candy
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭
    I live in a rather rural area so giving out candy usually amounts to me giving my mouth a treat (much to my butt's dismay) during every TV Commercial.
    I do need to save two pieces for the neighbor kids though since they just might show up this year!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    For Halloween I'll be dressing up as a railroad worker...working overnight, 12 hours, outside.

Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    Thanks for the opportunity. Instead of giving out candy this year, I am doing something different. I normally get 20 to 50 trick or treaters. I am giving each one a circulated Eisenhower Silver Dollar. I figure it might generate coin collecting interest in some of the children. It also will surely initiate discussion at home with the parents. Good luck to everyone in the thread.
    I had POSITIVE transactions with the following 31 members == Mach19 - Robkool - KollectorKing - ASUtodd - Coppercoins - Kalshacon - Whatsup - Commoncents05 - Cartwheel - Marmac - Thatoneguy - Collectorcoins - Delistamps - Bestmr - Cwazzy - Ajia - Nefprollc - Grote15 - Rampage - Grip - Rpmhunter - Chumley - 2272DavidG - Utahcoin - Cohodk - Ajbauman - Sportsmoderator1 - Sevensteps - Windycity - Pitboss - Starfish
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be a spud
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very generous. I'm playing a proud father taking his 8 and 13 year olds trick or treating. image
  • Options
    Very Cool Art Workimage

Thanks for the chance
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, Manning the front door also. Thanks for the give-away!!!
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glued to the forum. I live in a retirement community and have never had
    a trick or treater. And I give out Morgans! So, I'll be online!

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thks for the giveaway handing out the candy : } image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    I'd be a 1804 $
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    giving out candy to the children at our church. Thanks for the giveaway.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Nice. I'll be walking my daughter around the neighborhood begging for treats. I normally throw on a scary mask while doing so.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I'll be working on lab reports unfortunately.
  • Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    Im dressing as a wild west bar tender. Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to a church party on Halloween. Thank you the giveaway!
  • Options
    PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance, I'll be checking out some haunted houses!
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    We'll be going as a straight couple to the Hallowe'en costume contest and High Heeled Drag Race in the gay bar district.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EYE IZZ GONNA BE A DOILY!!!!

• Options
    Thank you the giveaway, i live up a long dirt road that dead end at my house.
    never had a trick or treater.
    so i don't par take in halloween.
    will be here at pcgs fourm reading and learning.
  • Options
    On halloween I won't dress but will be taking my son out to friends in the neighborhood.
    Friday I was dresses up at school, I was the most feared creature of all.................the Jr High Math teacher. image
    Looking for Northern California National Bank Notes, Chico, Redding, Oroville.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a generous giveaway! Thank you for the chance...
    My wife's staying home and passing out buffalo nickels and indian cents along with the "usual candy treats".

I'm headed out as a toilet paper mummy - cheap & easy. My 6year old daughter is a scary bat and my 3 year old son is a fireman.
    We'll be haunting the neighborhood until they're ready to fall over with loads of candy. image

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    generous giveaway

will no doubt end up working the door image

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    i`ll be giving out candy. my daughter will be going out as Katie Perry(pop singer).

thanks for the chance!!!
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    A fun give away.

I will be Scooby Doo. My wife, son and I went to the Mall of America last year with my brother in law, sister in law and nephew for halloween. I was Scooby Doo last year as well and had a great time with tons of little kids coming up for hugs. I took lots of pictures with kids. Several people asked if the mall has hired me to walk around...LOL.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance!

I'll be dressed as "recyclops" advocating recycling and renewable resources!
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    lunytune2lunytune2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    I will be wearing my "Buget Ninja Costume " T-shirt from Walmart and taking my 2 kids out trick or treating
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa Claus image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I'll be giving out candy, thanks for the chance.
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    This halloween i'm going to wear a chair on my head. I'm going as a piece of bubble gum.
    Steve
  • Options
    LVGTLVGT Posts: 503
    It will be the first time I take my daughter out. She's 1.5 years and will be a ladybug. Should be fun!
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    I am taking the kids trick or treat! I am dressing up as Mario!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably just turn off all the lights and turn the sprinklers on full blast.

image j/k
  • Options
    VetterVetter Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wearing Army pants and my wife is wearing an Army shirt. Were going as....rim shot please...Upper and lower GI's
    Members I have done business with:
    Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.
  • Options
    Very cool item, I'll be giving candy to the trick or treaters. If I was dressed in costume there was a character on the TV show Cougartown that was the windman, great costume.
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    I am dressing as a Seattle Mariner. It will garner me pity gifts.

LOL
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance! I'm going to go with a friend and her 4 kids to a local mall. It's safer and warmer plus I can window shop.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be a bus driver (actually it's a 42 foot motorhome).

Thanks for the chance!
    Lance.
  • Options
    Very generous giveaways! I'll also be handing out candy at the door and with all the kids in my neighborhood I should be busy. I was going to rig up a "monster" that would fall down without warning from the overhang of my front porch but was talked out of it as being too much for the little ones. image
    Bob

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a generous giveaway.

For Halloween...I will be dressed as a faculty member at work preparing an exam for a group of very nervous students. image
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simon!

I will be going as a Zombie Killer. Private poker party and I don't think I'll be in costume long. STI .45 ACP race gun on a SafariLand thigh rig and my custom AR10 slung up. Walk in the door and scare a few people (really) then change to something more poker friendly.

With the proliferation of Zombie movies . . . I'll fit right in . .

Drunner
  • Options
    zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    What a nice gesture and cool items. Thanks for the chance.

I conduct a "Spooky Music" concert with my community ensemble this evening, coming out after intermission as a vampire-meets-KISS-meets-bad a$$ conductor in tails for the second half of the program. It's a great time of year.
    zap
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198
  • Options
    Awesome giveaway!!! Thanks for the chance.
    I won't be trick or treating, but if I get drunk enough, I might dress up the dog.

Bob
    Bob
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Glued to the forum. I live in a retirement community and have never had

bob >>

Please provide an address...and I'll bring my YN's by! image

I'll be at a concert with my whole family watching Addison Road, Matt Mauer, and 10th Avenue North! Thanks for the generous giveaway.
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Glued to the forum. I live in a retirement community and have never had

bob >>

Please provide an address...and I'll bring my YN's by! image

I'll be at a concert with my whole family watching Addison Road, Matt Mauer, and 10th Avenue North! Thanks for the generous giveaway.
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be handing out candy at our church "Trunk or Treat" tonight.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file