Comments

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    WOW, that's all I could think of
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Hi Jeff,

It could be worse...

My Boys and I made a trade more than a month ago, sent money & a graded card... so far, we have received nothing and I don't expect we ever will.

Mike
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Glad you finally got the cards, Jeff. That is absolutely ridiculous and I hope this gets it through his head that this kind of crap is not acceptable.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the info...thanks for letting us know.

Jeff
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Jeff,

Thanks for sharing. I do transactions with many on here and I appreciate an occasional warning as I never am sure how they will turn out.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ah finally I can enjoy all the cards promised to me (except the 71's) but wait. Somethings missing?? Hmmmmm?? Just a second but I don't see any 56's. Wonder where they went?

Now before anyone says it I know this was only a transaction of $10 but I wasn't the one stringing someone along with promises of various other items for waiting. I paid in a very quick manner and although I finally received something I didn't get what was promised and it sure never arrived in a timely manner nor was it packaged properly. >>

I agree with you. When a deal or a promise is made it doesn't matter how much it's for or why. It only matters if both sides adhere to their deal. I'm happy you got something.

Brian
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Appreciate the info...thanks for letting us know.

Jeff >>

Thanks for heads up!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    By his own admission he is a procrastinator. The santa gift exchange basically went the same way for him (as far as being late, not card quality)

Maybe he can work on changing, I don't know?

Sorry this happened to you Jeff.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Sorry this happened to you. Thanks for the heads up also
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Yikes.

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear the transaction was less than expected. I made a purchase with him back in October, I received my package in a week, no problems.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i didnt know moses played ball in the 50's on the sideimage
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. image

The condition of the cards doesn't bother me as they were described as beaters but the rest of the promises and dragging out of this was uncalled for.

And I won't even repeat what my wife has to say about all this because I'd get banned. image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You were very patient that is for sure.

As Nye the science guy says: Stuff happens.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>My Boys and I made a trade more than a month ago, sent money & a graded card... so far, we have received nothing and I don't expect we ever will. >>

Mike are you saying you made a trade/cash deal with the same board member and never got the card you were trading/purchasing?
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Sorry for the confusion (Matt)... our trade was with a different member.

He shipped the cards 5 weeks ago, but we have yet to receive them... lost in the mail, mis-delivered, ?

Mike
  • Options
    Mike that sucks.

I've only had one transaction where I had payed for something and didn't receive it and that was on eBay. Payed with a money order but the seller was cool about it and did send me my funds. If it had arrived I was going to resend his payment but the cards never did show up.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    That bites, because SO MANY of the people on here are such great people and SO generous, heck usually it's when I am offered something for nothing that it comes in the mail the fastest.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
  • Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I have had a similar experience with this individual. I sent him a lot of VG (250) 1971 topps BB with HOF cards, expecting something back as a trade, at least to cover the cost of shipping and whatever value it was to him. I double boxed everything and shipped them UPSPS priority. This was before Thanksgiving. After 50 pms, with delayed responses and ambigious replies, I have given up on getting anything back in return. BTW, I have had numerous sucessful BST transactions with several board members. The only other bad egg is FreddyP who never paid be for the Yount rookie I sent him in November. I do not think this guy is malicious, just a strange egg.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • Options
  • Options
    thanks for heads up, will stay away.
    Collector of 71 Kelloggs Football and Unitas cards.
  • Options
    Geez what the hell is going on around here?

I can't believe some people take their word so lightly.

I have two things in this world I cherish my word and my, well you know.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    that is terrible,

i'm glad it worked out for you
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options
    Has he been on today. I wonder if he will replyimage
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Steve >>

Thanks Steve. I love you too!
  • Options
    He hasn't been on (well not signed in anyway) today.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have two things in this world I cherish my word and my, well you know.

Steve >>

ERA?

• Options

<< <i>He hasn't been on (well not signed in anyway) today. >>

Maybe he to switched his nameimage
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that I have a strict rule of not transacting with an adult that types the word "yayerness" to show happiness.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Some people just do not know how to conduct business with others!!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Geez what the hell is going on around here?

I can't believe some people take their word so lightly.

Steve >>

...and you dont break em for nobody
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That bites, because SO MANY of the people on here are such great people and SO generous, heck usually it's when I am offered something for nothing that it comes in the mail the fastest.
    John >>

Nothing ships faster than FREE stuff!!!

A funny side note:

Several years back, I shipped a friend a package of MINTY cards. To let you know how long ago it was, they were 5 counts of '92 Bowman Pedro Martinez, Chipper Jones, Mike Piazza, and 10 counts each of '90 Score Martin Brodeur and '90 OPC Premier Jaromir Jagr. My buddy finally emailed me that the package arrived a bout a week and a half after I sent it in a USPS Damage baggie. Luckily, all of the cards were there and still MINTY as originally sent (CardSavers are great!), but for some reason, there were some additional Ken Griffey Jr cards in the package. Knowing I didn't send them, I'm assuming they were loose in the bottom of a postal bucket and were thrown into the baggie under the assumption that is where they came from.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If baseball cards could fight, I would bet $1000 that Johnny Riddle card could beat the crap out of that Harry Elliot card.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Dyck?
  • Options
    Yup my balls.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    sorry that didn't work out for you. a couple of the cards look real nice, the howard rookie looks good.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I have no problem with the overall condition of the cards. The further back my collection goes in years the lower the condition but I don't mind that and kinda prefer the well loved cards.

The Howard (along with a few others) isn't bad at all.

Always wanted this card after first seeing it and I now have a decent looking one. image
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least Jeff got a card he always wanted. Yayerness.
  • Options

<< <i>At least Jeff got a card he always wanted. Yayerness. >>

Classic Nam.image

-John
    -John Stevens
    Ebay ID: jrconcessi

Collecting 1993 Finest Refractors & All Refractors 1993 - 2001, 1964 Topps Psa 8.5 or Better
    Soon to be Collecting 1966 Batman Color and all Hall of Famers in all Sports in as High a Grade as I can Afford.
  • Options

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I read that whole thing. I feel sorry for ME.
  • Options
    the good news is that they finally came in...
  • Options

<< <i>I have had a similar experience with this individual. I sent him a lot of VG (250) 1971 topps BB with HOF cards, expecting something back as a trade, at least to cover the cost of shipping and whatever value it was to him. I double boxed everything and shipped them UPSPS priority. This was before Thanksgiving. After 50 pms, with delayed responses and ambigious replies, I have given up on getting anything back in return. BTW, I have had numerous sucessful BST transactions with several board members. The only other bad egg is FreddyP who never paid be for the Yount rookie I sent him in November. I do not think this guy is malicious, just a strange egg. >>

and i asked several times how much for the postage with no answer.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    as for the originla post i spent a long time trying to get the 71's all figured out and told him what was goin on all along.i have been really busy. i realized in part that i screwed up and nothing was intentional and all alone barfvader said he was ok with the delay,..that is something he did not mention.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Why did you pack the cards that way though? No they were not in good shape, but that was not the way to do it. IMO
  • Options
    Yes! More drama!!
  • Options
    I am done for the night. UFC is on right now.
  • Options

<< <i>barfvader said he was ok with the delay,..that is something he did not mention. >>

I was ok with it ONLY because you said that you WERE going to send additional items with the 56's being the first items and then the 71's of which neither were included.

But hey if you feel that stringing along someone for two months and then sending them in the manner you did is ok, well ok.

• Options
    cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Benderbroeth:

Since were on the subject. I would like my 1971 cards back. Please ship them back to me, I will pay for the return postage.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.