Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Buffalo Nickels - some PGCS graded/some raw. 27-D PCGS63 Added 3/7

1927-D PCGS63. $450. SOLD Currently PCGS63 but bought ANACS64. Compare details in central portion both obverse and reverse, details in buffalo head and crispness in date and lettering to 64s. Reverse toning is more vibrant and gold than Truview suggests. Asking $450 which is a strong premium for current grade but bargain at old grade. I am a believer in this coin and will be giving it another try raw if no takers.

1928-D PCGS64. SOLD Just an insane strike for a 28-D. Check out the braid details and the fullness of the mane on the buffalo. Luster on this piece it outstanding as well, what you would expect to see next-grade-up. The grade is a real head scratcher to the naked eye, it is only once under the loupe and at certain angles do some carbon spots and a hit on the reverse leg make you think the grade of 64 makes any sense at all. Still a super PQ piece that I thought was going to be my forever coin until I upgraded to a rainbow toned 65.

1930-P PCGS64: $80. REDUCED TO $70 FINAL REDUCTION TO $60 Wonderful luster for the grade with extremely attractive toning of primarily blues and gold, with some rose hues sneaking in. The strike is typical for the year. Overall a very eye appealing piece.

1916-P, FORMER PCGS65: $350. REDUCED TO $315 SOLD All there in so many ways: No one would argue with full strike (Truviews never do a good job on the details of buffalo nickels) and not a hit work mentioning. Fields are evenly toned in gold/rose, while devices have taken on a pleasant violet.

1925-P, FORMER NGC63: $90. REDUCED TO $80 FINAL REDUCTION TO $70 As far as strike and hits the piece looks better than a lot of ones in 64 holders. Pleasant even toning, primarily a dark gold or copper with some rose highlights poking through.

1926-P: My grade 63: $50. REDUCED TO $45 Nice no problem piece that simply lacks the luster for a higher grade. Decent strike, no distracting hits, nice original nickel color.

Comments