Pay It Forward Official Thread-- -new offer on the table by PJB

RUES POSTED ON PAGE 10--

LIST OF TAKERS

4/16--cpamike(79 rack)

4/17--vintagefun (Gwynn 83 cello-PSA-9)

4/18--ugaskidawg--(72 OPC wax pack)

4/18--maddux69 (70 Munson SGC-84)

4/20--graygator (Jeter Rookies)

1980scollector (Gwynn and Raines rookies)

4/24--flatfoot816 (84 BB wax box--FASC)

4/27--pjb103183 (75 mini wax pack)

4/27--waxman2745 (1981 OPC grey backs)

4/29--havelearned (79 Ryan PSA-9)

5/4--baez578--(81 Donruss Golf Wax Box)

5/5 - JHS5120--(65 Aaron and 65 Koufax)

5/8-- - DJR--(3 '78 FB wax trays)

5/8 - nonpareil--(89 UD wax box-90 Leaf Wax Box-83 Fleer BB trays -

5/8--cpettimd (51 Berk Ross Joe D--PSA-6)

5/9-- FLCardTrader (Lasorda-Ozzie and Oliva Rookies)

5/9--JBrules (73 BB Wax Pack and 79 BB wax tray)

5/10-- SLum22 (86 Fleer Baseketball cards PSA-9)

5/12--baez578 (87 FB wax box)

5/14--BaltimoreYankee ('58 Aaron PSA-5)

5/14--Addicted2ebay-- ('75 Brett Rookie-PSA-7)

5/17--ugaskidawg -- (Gordie Howe Rookie-SGC-Authentic)

he shoots--he scores!!!

5/27--JHS5120--(Yaz rookie--PSA-4 -Spahn rookie-SGC 30)

5/27--Maddux69--('53 WS ticket)

6/3--Havedlearned--64 Rose--PSA-5

6/3--Yankeesman--89 UD Jr.--68 Mantle

6/3--Baez578--79 BB rack

6/9--Bosox1976--73 and 61 Clemente PSA-8

6/10--TZarg--67 Yaz PSA-7--75 Carter-PSA-8)

6/12--flatfoot816--59 Fleer Williams #44--PSA-8)

6/13--vintagefun--'64 Banks Stand Up-PSA-7

6/15--slum22--'57 Reese/Aparicio-PSA-7/6

6/19--PJB103183--'75 mini wax pack

Comments

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Authentic Unopened 1979 Rack--enjoy

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    You have 24 minutes left young man! Lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Ha-ha .... U and I must have been writing at the same time. Very nice offering Manny. THAT should go very fast!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Very generous. Agree. It should go very fast.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    still available
  • Options
    No. Thats Ok. Ill leave it for someone else to enjoy. Ill just end up ripping a beautiful rack. Too much temptation with Randolph sitting there. Im trying to get overcome my unopened addiction. image

.....btw, thanks for running this. Ill enjoy it from afar.
  • Options
    Rack still available---
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I'll take it Manny. I'm at my son's bowling so I will post the next item when I get home.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Really MIke? Taking something unopened? What a surprise! LOL See you in the morning.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Ooooo, glad this got going. Manny, good first item! I've been away from my computer much of today, so I was wondering what was going to be thrown up first. WTG Mike for getting this thing moved. Looking forward to seeing what gets put up next...
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay guys. I posted from the bowling alley while my son had a match. This was always a great thread and thanks to Manny for kicking it off again. Now I know you will all be surprised but I am listing a choice of 4 graded unopened cello packs. Everyone likes a choice right. image

And the choices are...

imageimage

imageimage

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    I'll take Gwynn. Thanks

Putting up 2013 Topps Archives FB Box.

---OR---

77 BB Wax GAI 8.5

---OR---

72 S:1 OPC PSA 7
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unopened represented out of the gate! Nice stuff, guys~Mike, I didn't know your packs could even be extracted once they were added to your collection, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Maybe we should change the title to the "Pay Unopened Forward Official Thread"!! image

Collecting:
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15Mike, I didn't know your packs could even be extracted once they were added to your collection, lol..

It can only be swapped out for other unopened. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    Wow great unopened stuff guys...i thought we were staying in the $50-$75 range ??
  • Options
    If I was a FB guy I would take you up on the box!
  • Options
    excellent start men!! Mike--rack ships Monday. And you are good to ship to vintage fun

• Options
    I know it's Sunday, but there has to be some FB guys out there wanting this unopened box!
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, sorry I missed the 70's unopened kickstart to this. That is what I get for working on Saturdaysimage Archives is a fun rip. Like Brent, I'm not a modern FB guy but that is a nice box for ripping!
    Steve
  • Options
    This started off with a bang then the brakes locked. Calling all football guys. Someone take the box. I hear it's a good box.
  • Options
    It's a great rip with 2 autos. Not available at BBCE or D&A, and I only saw one on eBay.

If it doesn't go soon, I'll replace it with something baseball.
  • Options
    I think Manny set the bar high with that 1979 rack pack. I would have loved it. Great lead-off hit!
  • Options
    Added a second option.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cpamike

Maybe we should change the title to the "Pay Unopened Forward Official Thread"!! image

ur right...everytime i come back here the temptation worsens.....yall trying to get me back into unopened...familys proud I'm not pulling the trigger..maybe 'cause no TWD 2nite

vintagefun...dont go far, no way that lasts long never mind the night...i give it until nba game over....
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Originally posted by: Stan Pounder
    I'm not here to bash the thread, because I think it's a good idea to a board that is dying, but CPA puts up four packs that go between $75-$150. Vintagefun pulls the trigger on the pack that goes for $150 and then puts up an item that goes for $80 then another that goes for $60. Isn't the purpose of this thread to put up equal or plus?

The quickest way to kill this thread, and the altruistic intent behind it, is with posts such as this that will make people reluctant to partake lest they be "called out".

That said, it doesn't help that the rules are not in the thread because Manny was having issues posting them and Jackie had to do so in a separate thread here. Just one of the countless "quirks" of the new forum software.

So I understand a bit more where you are coming from in light of that. But Jim is very much playing by the rules and that box is a very solid offering.

The Rules.
    1. Maximum amount to be offered is total value of $75. Minimum amount if $50. That means if you take something you have to post something to offer valued at between $50-$75. You can offer something valued at greater than $75—but the person who claims it only has to offer something in the range of $50-$75.

Snorto~

Edited to try to fix the link to the full rules.
  • Options
    I messaged Manny hours ago, offering to pull my offerings and let Mike's packs ride. I don't want my offerings to kill the thread...at the same time equal or plus will just as likely kill the thread. So if I'm out of line, I'll gladly walk away.

• Options
    Originally posted by: vintagefun

I messaged Manny hours ago, offering to pull my offerings and let Mike's packs ride. I don't want my offerings to kill the thread...at the same time equal or plus will just as likely kill the thread. So if I'm out of line, I'll gladly walk away.

I don't think this is going to kill the thread. I thought your box was a great contribution and if I were into FB, I would have jumped on it. The rules said that if something wasn't claimed within 48 hours, then the member would have to offer off something new. You did that with 24 hours and someone will jump on it I'm sure.

I wouldn't get to discouraged about this. The rules were clear that people could give more if they wanted, but it was only expected to give between 50-75. Your first item is selling on eBay right now for 80, so I thought it was a great item!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stan Pounder
    I'm not here to bash the thread, because I think it's a good idea to a board that is dying, but CPA puts up four packs that go between $75-$150. Vintagefun pulls the trigger on the pack that goes for $150 and then puts up an item that goes for $80 then another that goes for $60. Isn't the purpose of this thread to put up equal or plus?

"I'm not here to bash the thread but." Awesome. Did anyone get past the word "bash" before they said "but" in their mind. Wow. Just over 24 hours for the haters to hate. They're lively tonight. This has awesome potential. Please don't feed the trolls.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Can't Jackie's thread simply be copied and pasted to the first post in the thread? Seems too easy to do and will help avoid issues going forward.
  • Options
    The Rules.
    1. Maximum amount to be offered is total value of $75. Minimum amount if $50. That means if you take something you have to post something to offer valued at between $50-$75. You can offer something valued at greater than $75—but the person who claims it only has to offer something in the range of $50-$75.
    2. What can be offered? PSA, SGC graded cards, BBCE authenticated unopened ONLY. Also-you should offer somehitng that will appeal to a number of members. We do not want things to sit there.
    3. Value determined by SMR, VCP, or eBay past auctions.
    4. If what you offer has not been claimed in 48 hours—YOU AGREE TO REMOVE AND POST SOMETHING DIFFERENT. If you do not you forfeit what you claimed and it will be reposted.
    5. You can offer a maximum of 2 cards/items to meet the value.
    6. Once you claim an item you must post your offer w-in 48 hours.
    7. Once you claim an item—it will not ship until WHAT YOU HAVE OFFERED HAS BEEN CLAIMED. This will prevent someone from getting something and still not have posted their offering—which has happened in the past and is a surefire way to kill the thread.
    8. Once you claim an item you cannot claim another item until 5 others have claimed something. I will keep a running list at the 1st post to keep track of who claimed what.
    9. In order to play you must have been a member here for 3 years OR have 125 posts. This can be changed if you all think it should be – but it should be for long standing valued board members.
    12. DO NOT SHIP TILL YOU ARE SURE THE MEMBER WHO CLAIMED YOUR OFFERING HAS HAD THEIRS CLAIMED TOO.

***Hopefully the thread don't die already, so after 48 hrs we get a new lot if non-claimed? Agreed the Gwynn pack was too nice claimed in 1 minute, tough to follow that!***
  • Options
    good morning---thanks for posting the rules here. I still cannot add them.

VintageFun is right on w-his offer. Must be between $50-$75. If someone does not take the initial offering in 48 hours--must be replaced. I never included an option for "disclaiming" an item. If you claim it---put keep putting something up till someone else claims it. If we start sending back things we claimed it'll never work.

Let's get this going!!
  • Options
    Thanks Manny. I added a 3rd option. Hopefully this gets us back on track. Sorry for holding up the game.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Series 1 72 OPC packs are much tougher to find vs series 2. That pack alone is worth more than $75.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: vintagefun
    Thanks Manny. I added a 3rd option. Hopefully this gets us back on track. Sorry for holding up the game.

No need to be sorry Jim. All three of your choices are worthy and remember the rule was 48 hours before adding another choice which you already did two times within 24 hours each. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    I'll take the 72 opc pack. I'm on my phone right now, so I will post my offerring in about 20 minutes when I get back to the computer!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: ugaskidawg
    I'll take the 72 opc pack. I'm on my phone right now, so I will post my offerring in about 20 minutes when I get back to the computer!

What, you aren't chained to your computer?!? I need to get a new job. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    Sorry the traffic was a bit hectic...

So the 1970 set is special to me for a variety of reasons - a number of you know the story of my uncle. Well, he left me with a number of 1970 Topps cards and this was one of them. Although it is special to me for sentimental reasons, it is a beautiful card from a great set. Hopefully, someone is looking at adding a Munson RC to their set. If it weren't for the fisheye in the black background (which is super common for this card), it could be an 8. The centering is astounding!

• Options
    Originally posted by: cpamike

Originally posted by: ugaskidawg

What, you aren't chained to your computer?!? I need to get a new job. image

I know Mike, I feel I'm at my computer all the time! I step out to get a bite to eat and I'm waiting on my food and loved the new addition so I went for it.

I decided to be the first to throw up a slabbed card - hopefully it is worthy!

And Jim...your picks were awesome!
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice looking Munson. If I weren't out of town working for the next few weeks I would grab it.

James
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the Munson, thank God for late lunches.

Jason

I am offering the following:

1955 Topps All American Jay Berwanger SGC 88

Or

1976 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA/DNA Red Flip Auto

Or

Group of 2 BGS 9.5s: 1987 Donruss Greg Maddux and 1998 Bowman Peyton Manning

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a lot to offer, so say I find something, offer something, nobody takes it, I offer something else, nobody takes it, would it then be OK to offer something like a $75 to $100 eBay gift card?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5

I don't have a lot to offer, so say I find something, offer something, nobody takes it, I offer something else, nobody takes it, would it then be OK to offer something like a $75 to $100 eBay gift card?

Yes. Let's get this going!
  • Options
    This is not going well. I thought that people would be up for it--but looks like it'll die in a few days. How unfortunate
  • Options
    Originally posted by: flatfoot816
    This is not going well. I thought that people would be up for it--but looks like it'll die in a few days. How unfortunate

Does it have to move a million items a day?
  • Options
    sorry--I just antsy
  • Options
    Originally posted by: flatfoot816

sorry--I just antsy

i think its moving pretty well considering how slow CU is lately...ex,, i just got back on after being away for about 4 months.....thx for doing this