Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE ?

Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have an opportunity to purchase a 25th Anniversary ASE
set. This set has the original box and COA. It's opened
and ungraded, so its not ellgible for "first strike" designation.
What's a fair price to pay for the set. All the coins look
good.

Thanks
Timbuk3

Comments

• morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 572 ✭✭✭
    A coin shop near me has a set for 725. They're going for around 700 ungraded on eBay.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A coin shop near me has a set for 725. They're going for around 700 ungraded on eBay. >>

these sets are going for that much? Man, I sold mine for 260 3 years ago! I'm an idiot!image Oh, wait a minute. I thought you were talking about the 2006 reverse proof set!Shewww... I'm still an idiot for letting that set go too!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 572 ✭✭✭
    Yea, the 25th anniversary. I picked up a 20th anniversary for $90 two months ago, it was quite the steal.

• << <i>Yea, the 25th anniversary. I picked up a 20th anniversary for $90 two months ago, it was quite the steal. >>

How do you buy 3 ASEs for $30 apiece?
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP - I think about 600 retail (sadly what I paid for mine).
    IMO, I think 500 is a much better and ultimately realistic price.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    The last four opened sets sold on Ebay for $699, 710, 700, 695 so I agree with the quote from a few posts above of $700. If you can get it for less that would be even better.
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greysheet Bid/Ask is up to $705/$750 as of earlier this month and there is a plus sign indicating prices have increased since the previous issue. If you want one it looks like the fair price is around $700.

<< <i>

<< <i>Yea, the 25th anniversary. I picked up a 20th anniversary for $90 two months ago, it was quite the steal. >>

How do you buy 3 ASEs for $30 apiece? >>

Duh! Don't you know that the open 20th Annie set sells for under spot now??? Those losers that paid $394, 401 and 390 yesterday are just fools..

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wait a while, the price will drop even further.... Cheers, RickO
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yea, the 25th anniversary. I picked up a 20th anniversary for $90 two months ago, it was quite the steal. >>

not to hijack but...

probably as easy as this buy was...5 days and they were in hand
    3 peace dollars on ebay
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• << <i>If you wait a while, the price will drop even further.... Cheers, RickO >>

I'm predicting $550 or less by April of next year.

• << <i>

<< <i>

not to hijack but...

probably as easy as this buy was...5 days and they were in hand
    3 peace dollars on ebay >>

Nice.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you wait a while, the price will drop even further.... Cheers, RickO >>

Oucheroo!!

• << <i>

<< <i>

Duh! Don't you know that the open 20th Annie set sells for under spot now??? Those losers that paid $394, 401 and 390 yesterday are just fools..

image >>

Duh! Hey kid......I was joking!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have 2 left for my original 5, and wondering if I should sell 1. I would say anything under $700 is a reasonable price.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Duh! Hey kid......I was joking! >>

Duh! As was I.....
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to purchase it for $544.50.
    Is this a good deal ???
    Timbuk3
  • TFTF Posts: 86

<< <i>I was able to purchase it for $544.50.
    Is this a good deal ??? >>

I'd buy that ! Any left ?image
    Positive BST deals with: Mikes Coins, CED3838, MBCoin. 100% positive eBay feedback {AMF64}
  • DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    At the Central States Show there were brochures passed around to dealers' tables offering to buy unopened boxes of five sets for $3700. That sounded pretty strong still to me.
    Dr. Pete

<< <i>I was able to purchase it for $544.50.
    Is this a good deal ??? >>

Nice price....just the 2 keys graded at 69 would be close to that. Throw in a 70 and boing!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file