Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PWCC vs Probstein123??

That new thread got me thinking....which seller does everyone prefer to consign with of those two? PWCC or Probstein123 and why? Thank you for your time....

Comments

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I've used Brent, and had nice success. His rates are very reasonable. I've purchased from Probstein, and gotten great service. Not sure one is better than the other.
  • Evening,
    Picture it:

Lounge Chair..................Feet up............Bucket of Coronas, (Sans Limes), have never had the taste for that. Paypal arrives daily for about % 80-85 % Net of what you've consigned, seriously I am not joking, I spend 20-30 hours a week doing my E-bay Business , this guy does all the work, I just have to crack out some new inventory which I am A$$ deep in, every once in awhile!!!

Wow, thoughts are running rampant!!!!!

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Neil --

Sounds great but what would you do with your evenings? image

• << <i>Neil --

Sounds great but what would you do with your evenings? image >>

First thought that comes to mind is the Wife Naked....you take it from there!!!!! I'm sure I could stumble into that a little more often than I presently do!!!!

Yeehahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Great post. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the Probstein123 thread. Rick and Brent would be my top two choices if I ever did consign anything.

I've bought from both with great success and they are great to work with from a buyer's point of view. I don't think you could go wrong with either.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I would pick either over an auction house.
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    PWCC seems to do better than VCP on many of his listings
  • RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Neil --

Sounds great but what would you do with your evenings? image >>

First thought that comes to mind is the Wife Naked....you take it from there!!!!! I'm sure I could stumble into that a little more often than I presently do!!!!

Yeehahimage

Neilimage >>

So there is such a thing as even the possibility of post marital relations??? Been hitched for going on 7 years now and the best looking rack i see has three face-up ball players staring at me!!
  • hi, a few people called me and asked me about my consignment rates....

here they are :

Category 1: New items, Graded items, Slabbed items, items with COA's, etc:

* Above $100: You get 95% of the net profit
    * Between $50-99: You get 90% of the net profit
    * Below $50: You get 85% of the net profit

Category 2: Individual items not listed in Category #1:

* Above $100: You get 90% of the net profit
    * Between $50-99: You get 85% of the net profit
    * Below $50: You get 80% of the net profit

Category 3: LOTS

* Above $100: You get 85% of the net profit
    * Between $50-99: You get 80% of the net profit
    * Below $50: You get 75% of the net profit

Feel free to give me a call...
    thanks,
    Rick Probstein
    973 594 8222
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Rick, so when you say 95% of net profits, you mean net of FVFs and Paypal, correct? So basically tack on another 7-10% to the 5%, meaning ~85% of realized ending price on eBay?

Just want to make sure I'm clear as I may need to consign some stuff in the near future. I think by comparison Brent is a flat 10% commission on whatever final price is.

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think by comparison Brent is a flat 10% commission on whatever final price is. >>

Brent has an escalating price based upon how much or how little your item sales for. If your item sells for $20, then he charges a flat $8 + 10%, so the price on that one would be $12 comission. That rate is up to $100. $100-$200, he charges 15%. Over $200 he charges 12.5% etc......the rates are on his site. He charges more for lots as opposed to single cards, but everything is on his site.
    Ok, thanks for correcting, Bobby. I hadn't looked at Brent's prices lately. Looks like you have the most up to date info.

• hey thunderdan,
    thanks for the reply...
    overall our rates are very comparable with PWCC...
    the main difference between us and them is that we handle more volume...
    we have close to 17,000 items in our ebay store ( compared to zero )
    and we run around 2500 auctions a month and they do this typically do this volume every 6 months...
    ( we have a a staff of 5 ) and can handle the volume...

however, PWCC sells more high end single graded cards ie: T206 cobbs, 33 goudey Ruths, etc...
    brent does a great job ....feel free to use us both
    ==> image

call me anytime
    rick
    973 594 8222
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    brent does a great job ....feel free to use us both

Great comment! The hobby needs more of this attitude IMHO.

Thanks!

Robert
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never sold as much as a stick of gum on ebay.

So I'm gonna make a supposition - anyone feel free to respond...

Since Rick has over 20K FB at 100% - I'm assuming your items would "draw" more bidders on his auctions than if one tried to sell them themselves?

Just curious.

I did find Rick on my 'saved' list - interesting - I don't think I've bought anything from them tho.
    Mike
  • I originally brought this up a few months ago. Back in February I contacted Rick for him to sell some of my items. I have had complete satisfaction with him, his rates, but most importantly the customer service!!!!

Rick will receive my 9th shipment to him tomorrow. I have realized about $10,000 with about 500 auctions, and more recently we have set up a sub store. Easy to track for auctions, and I have a couple dozen Buy it Now's.

Rick IMO has exactly what I'm looking for. I wasn't 100 percent sure or confident at first, but every time auctions go up, my packages are received, items sell, etc, I am contacted. He'll talk to you on the phone whenever you want, and is a master with responding to emails.

I am very confident now, and look forward to a long lasting hobby relationship. I love buying lot's, sorting them in spare time and having the best in the industry sell them for me.

I told Rick a few weeks ago, "I will keep finding the food for dinner, he and his employees will prepare the meal, and we'll all have a nice dinner". He told me stay hungry!

I had 10 auctions end last night for a few hundred bucks, and those sales where deposited into my account this morning. Love it!!

Thanks again Rick, I appreciate what you do.

Feel free to ask me any Q's or send me a PM about my experiences.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I am speaking only from a buyer's stand point.

I highly recommend Mr. Probstein! In fact I just recently purchased a card from them last week and everything went perfect. I run daily searches in their ebay store.

PWCC never has anything I want. image If they did I probably would buy from them as well.

If it were me selling stuff I would go with Mr. Probstein. I believe with their larger volume they attract more people to their listings. That is just my 2 cents though.

GL with what ever you end up doing Bobby.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick did a great job for me with quite a few lots - thanks Rick.

Brent has a bunch of my stuff going out this week too. Nice to have a couple of good options available for sales....
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    PWCC has the best scans of any Ebay consignment seller, and the descriptions are accurate, plus Brent is a great guy to deal with. I've bought cards from Rick, but have not consigned any items, so I have no opinion on that.
  • judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    I am consigning a number of 1950s cards to probstein123 (Rick) tomorrow at the National. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Both are excellent.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • When you deal with Rick, your dealing with the best.

I know Rick has 4 work stations complete with Internet and scanning capabilities. If you bring your cards to the National He'll list them for you right then and there. Plus with his promotion of 5% for cards over $25 you can't go wrong.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Take care,
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
    Brent's scanner is definitely the better of the two!! While I am sure Rick gets great prices, his scanned images leave alot to be desired (don't take that as negative Rick - I would still probably consign with you....a new scanner should be on your Xmas wish list however!).
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Not sure...

but, I would hope if I consigned with him, the spelling would be accurate to maximize hits...

Starcraft

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
    Ouch!!!! Major boo-boo for PWCC!! I know he has helpers helping him, and he sends out previews so the consignors can help catch errors.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    For Jim Brown collectors that 10 of hearts in a 10 holder is sweet.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Probstien is great to work with.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    Just want to say that I consigned many cards to probstein123 (Rick Probstein) at the National, and I have been very pleased with both the prices that the items brought and his fast payment to me. I originally wondered about his grouping several lower grade stars together into lots, but I can't complain about the nice prices the cards brought.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PWCC got over $2,100 for the Andre The Giant PSA 9 I wanted and I was the under bidder. If this is not proof their auctions do huge money I don't know what is.

I have bought a number of items from Rick and the transaction was super quick and professional.

I would think both are great choices.

• I just wanted to say a quick thank you to the entire CU community...

Probstein123 broke the $1 million dollar sales mark for the last 90 days on ebay for the first time...

thanks for all the consignment and bids...to date, we now have over 50 consignors that are active CU board members...

much appreciated - THANK YOU... and keep em coming !!

rick
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

That's some serious volume, Rick. Congrats!

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    CONGRATS Rick ... those are some real nice numbers.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Congratulations Rick!!!

Now you have something really big to shoot for next year when you do that quarter over quarter analysis.

Best of luck for the rest of the year.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations Rick!!!
    Now you have something really big to shoot for next year when you do that quarter over quarter analysis. >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>

<< <i>Congratulations Rick!!!
    Now you have something really big to shoot for next year when you do that quarter over quarter analysis. >>

image >>

Collecting:
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consigned my 55 Topps to Rick. He told me the rates and to expect an excel spreadsheet followed by a check. I am impressed not only that he did exactly that but he did it in a very timely fashion. When it is time to sell again I will call Rick. image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Hey Rick, I asked for a back scan of a 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson RC to be emailed and the response I get is:

"sorry not able to provide more scans , but we do accept refunds..."

Not acceptable Rick on a $600-$800 card--especially from you! You can do better than this. Lots and lots of board members entrusting you to maximize sales on their cards. This kind of response turns customers away. Oh, and if you feel the need to BBL me, you know my ebay handle.

• vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Forget emailing, how about adding a picture of the back for a $800 card, probably worth the $0.15 investment in the long run.
    Wondering if Rick is going to even show up and defend this. Seriously, Rick, this is poor. No excuse for this.

I don't have a dog in this fight--I'm a buyer in almost every instance. I'm not consigning myself. But you board members who grovel at the feet of these consigners need to know that this is how they respond to buyers sometimes. I won't bid on this auction now, but if I did, it would be -$100 less than if I had a back scan. Easily.

• << <i>I don't have a dog in this fight--I'm a buyer in almost every instance. I'm not consigning myself. But you board members who grovel at the feet of these consigners need to know that this is how they respond to buyers sometimes. I won't bid on this auction now, but if I did, it would be -$100 less than if I had a back scan. Easily. >>

Did you call Rick? i always recommend calling him
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't have a dog in this fight--I'm a buyer in almost every instance. I'm not consigning myself. But you board members who grovel at the feet of these consigners need to know that this is how they respond to buyers sometimes. I won't bid on this auction now, but if I did, it would be -$100 less than if I had a back scan. Easily. >>

Did you call Rick? i always recommend calling him >>

Why should I have to call him? I was a willing buyer of this card. Now I am not. The onus is on him to provide a back scan as a consigner of other people's cards. The reponse is unacceptable. I shouldn't have to call him to "work it out." Frankly, I was blown away by his reponse.

BTW: I have spoken to him before on the phone. Very nice guy. Very inappropriate reponse in this instance, however.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Thunderdan. There are a lot of cards with poorly centered backs and for the small additional cost it is worth adding.

On any semi expensive card I think it should be there and especially an $800 card. If the seller does not want to provide it in the auction at a minimum it should be provided per request.

If the consignor has gotten to big to offer this level of service then some adjustments to the business model are needed such as more employees.

I would also add that the only card I purchased from PWCC had a back scan and the Wrestling All Stars are never off centered on the back so a card that perhaps is prone to be should be shown.

Yep, crickets. Just as I thought.

• << <i>Yep, crickets. Just as I thought. >>

you expect him to read these boards 24/7? lol
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

<< <i>

<< <i>Yep, crickets. Just as I thought. >>

you expect him to read these boards 24/7? lol >>

For a guy that just talked about 50 new customers gained from CU consignments and $1M quarterly revenue? Uh...YES! LOL.

• 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭
    My experience with Rick is that he is extremely responsive and helpful if you reach out to him.

I placed a call to him a month ago about something on a day he was off with his family. I left a voicemail
    message asking him to get back to me when he had a chance, no emergency, and he called me back at
    8:30PM THAT night when he got home (on his day off).

I agree that back scans on higher dollar items would be a great addition for Rick. I do understand that he
    works in huge volumes of items, but with all of his multi-item lots I would think he could easily treat items
    that he expects to go over say $300 as if there were two cards (the "front" one and the "back" one) and
    give us both scans.

Dave

<< <i>My experience with Rick is that he is extremely responsive and helpful if you reach out to him.

I placed a call to him a month ago about something on a day he was off with his family. I left a voicemail
    message asking him to get back to me when he had a chance, no emergency, and he called me back at
    8:30PM THAT night when he got home (on his day off).

I agree that back scans on higher dollar items would be a great addition for Rick. I do understand that he
    works in huge volumes of items, but with all of his multi-item lots I would think he could easily treat items
    that he expects to go over say $300 as if there were two cards (the "front" one and the "back" one) and
    give us both scans. >>

Dave...here's the deal. Probstein responded IMMEDIATELY. Very, very quickly. I can understand the following response: "I'm off with my family on vacation and will send the scan when I return." Uh, that's not the response he sent. Not even close.

Huge volumes? This is a high-end Reggie Jackson RC PSA 8 for God's sake! Is it too much to ask for a back scan? I understand trying to save $. Really, I do. But if Rick can't figure out that a PSA 8 1969 Reggie Jackson RC warrants a back scan on eBay...well then...you decide who should be consigning your cards!

Edited to add (again): The onus is on Rick to call ME! I'm the buyer. I shouldn't have to call him to plead for a back scan of a $600-$800 card.

• hi guys...
    I'm back online ( now )...first off, your voice was heard we ADDED the back scan....
    hopefully, this will diminish scangate ...

we do have backs scans on many high dollar cards...we just felt it wasn't crucial on this one...

we add back scans when we feel its appropriate or will add value...

here are four other 69 jackson graded 8 or higher on ebay right now with no back scans:
    Item number: 300582881624
    Item number: 370561929690
    Item number: 370561929683
    Item number: 310360626021
    ------------

Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123