Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I might be getting interested in the 'next series' can you guess it?

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
In searching it on the search feature...

I get one hit. One thread from 2004

PBD

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What! image

Your done with Fuechtwangers! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    PBD = Pre Bust Dollars? image
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A set of Eunice Shriver coins from grades MS 60 through MS 70.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pioneer Bechtler Dollars??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one hit on Chalmers coinage. That's esoteric enough that I could imagine you goin' there.

Edit- no, maybe not... that thread was from 2008.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Clad Dimes image
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold dollars...to feuchtwanger cents...to Vermont colonial copper...I can't keep up.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    Done with the Feuchtwangers? No, not really, if one of the three remaining die pairings I need shows up,....but they are R8 and R9 coins..so ...I consider my three cent set world class and complete.

The gold dollars, they are beautiful. I love the type threes, more than the ones and twos...and actually a few have gone to new homes, many on this forum...but the core rarities and 'good ones' mostly all remain.

but...there is something....you would be just so surprised you are not realizing it, so out in the open a common coin you all would recongnize.

Its rare and beautiful, and not too expensive. less than 30 make the series. there is one Kick azz rarity in it, of unfathomable rarity and totally out of reach yet known to one and all.

can you guess the coin?

But these Vermonts...just totally an awesome series...Im not interested one iota in the Machins mills contract coins for vermont that many collect. Id just as soon tear these pages out of my book. not gonna go there. Im a Rupert fan.

But this new thing...well, Im planning. and I see it happen. I think Hmmmmm I wonder what these sell for...then the searches, the teeny push into looking up mintages and average prices....avaliability...etc etc...and hmmm m aybe, just maybe...

can you guess the series??
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bust quarters?

Edit to: early and capped bust half dimes 1792 - 1837.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    $10 Indians?
  • Options
    and heres a shocker...

they tone

PBD

but I promise Im not gonna go hog wild it will be a slow careful eye appeal collection that may take years one here one there. (uh oh I always think that eh&gtimage

PBD
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peace dollars or SLQs? Got to think there's been a few threads on each of those though. Hmmmm......

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    Now Im just playing with the idea you know, but I think they would be a tremendous accent coin to the type 3 gold dollar set, when all laid out on the coffee table.

PBD

Proof barber dimes

and yes, the subject on only ONE thread on this forum, hence, esoteric enough for my tastes.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now Im just playing with the idea you know, but I think they would be a tremendous accent coin to the type 3 gold dollar set, when all laid out on the coffee table.

PBD

Proof barber dimes

and yes, the subject on only ONE thread on this forum, hence, esoteric enough for my tastes. >>

Sweet.
    More eye candy for me. image
    Go for it!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good stuff there!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I was getting ready to make another wrong guess: proof Trade dollars. In any event, proof Barber dimes will be interesting. Keep us posted as you start your purchases.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good series to collect Ambro. Lots of value in them, I think. Plus, I don't collect them!image

Tom

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good choice! Get the 1915 first!image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good choice! Get the 1915 first!image >>

Yeah, something this one I found on CoinFacts. image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one would do nicely!image
  • Options

<< <i>Done with the Feuchtwangers? No, not really, if one of the three remaining die pairings I need shows up,....but they are R8 and R9 coins..so ...I consider my three cent set world class and complete.

The gold dollars, they are beautiful. I love the type threes, more than the ones and twos...and actually a few have gone to new homes, many on this forum...but the core rarities and 'good ones' mostly all remain.

but...there is something....you would be just so surprised you are not realizing it, so out in the open a common coin you all would recongnize.

Its rare and beautiful, and not too expensive. less than 30 make the series. there is one Kick azz rarity in it, of unfathomable rarity and totally out of reach yet known to one and all.

can you guess the coin?

But these Vermonts...just totally an awesome series...Im not interested one iota in the Machins mills contract coins for vermont that many collect. Id just as soon tear these pages out of my book. not gonna go there. Im a Rupert fan.

But this new thing...well, Im planning. and I see it happen. I think Hmmmmm I wonder what these sell for...then the searches, the teeny push into looking up mintages and average prices....avaliability...etc etc...and hmmm m aybe, just maybe...

can you guess the series?? >>

Out of curiosity, is there an easy way to distinguish the Machisn Mills from the Rupert issues?

Tom

• Options
    Yes. All the landscapes, the baby heads and the bust lefts were made in Rupert Vermont. All the remaining issues, any dated 1787 or 1788, they were struck under the authority of vermont as contract pieces from Machins Mills in Newbergh New York. They are 'full vermonts' in most senses, but the entire harmony of the coin is different in many ways. the copper is different, the style of bust, front and back, lettering, quality of design...all a different animal. the machins mills issues are usually better copper but lighter in weight. they are more prone to splits than the ruperts, as they are more prone to fissures and voids. Both can have either defect though on occasion. machins mills issues, with a few exceptions, usually were struck to look worn. the planchets were tumbled after production to produce rounded edges. They wanted their coins to look oldish, and britishy..and pass without questions (too many questions, as they are light in weight and easily noted). The landscapes, they were lovely, but seemingly were difficult to put into circulation as Harmon had the legislature approve a change to the design to a bust with seated figure.

I find the Rupert issues lovely in their rustic conditions....the machins mills issues, all flat and worn....just cant get a visual handle on the gobs of teeny variations between the types, and I usually thrive on that sort of stuff but they are just not pushing any buttons at all.

• Options
    Awesome! Thanks.

Tom

• Options
    There is only 1 thread about Proof Barber 10C? I must be reading wrong?

Eric
  • Options
    oh now Im seeing eight threads.

on the top of the forum lisitng page via search for proof barber dime

2007 they were "hot" with three posts!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file