Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post your Heritage Winnings

2»

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not posting because I spent too damned much money to make me a happy camper on it.

One, just one, idiot out there set out to prove that I was a bigger idiot.

SOB >>

Yep, I knew you were the buyer on that 1839 1 1/2d. image

................................and no, I wasn't the underbidder!!!!! image
  • Options
    I'll post something on my over priced proof set later, folks. Depends on how the actual coins
    look compared to the pictures.

In other words, I'm either a damned fool or a complete idiot image
  • Options
    dizzleccdizzlecc Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭
    Late to the party but not left out.

Roman, I was very tempted by the 1807 mint state with great eye appeal but I resisted.

Pruebas, I was curious about the 1892 Hermosillo. Toned and prooflike could be a monster coin. You are correct about the photos, I could not tell if the coin was all there. Hope it turns out well.

I decided to pick up the 1790 ngc au53. It has a soft spot around the 0 in 1790 but the heavy clashing on the pillar side sold me as a unique piece.

imageimage

I also picked up a common date 1889 Mexico mint for the color.

imageimage
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pick-up, dizzlecc. I really like the clash on the reverse. I put a $260 bid in for that coin, but decided not to chase it since I already spent more than I planned up to that point and still had some lots I was hoping to win. I'm glad it went to you.

The 1807 went for way less than I estimated. I'm pretty happy with that one and glad that you didn't enter the bidding war image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll post something on my over priced proof set later, folks. Depends on how the actual coins
    look compared to the pictures.

In other words, I'm either a damned fool or a complete idiot image >>

Just a wild guess: if you are referring to the 1937 proof 15 coin set in PCGS slabs, IMHO it was not a bad purchase at all.
    I have never ever seen this kind of quality in this, otherwise common set that sells for a fraction of the price of the PCGS slabbed one.

No matter what it was, if you went after it so aggressively , you have nothing to be ashamed of. We collect here, we don't invest.

Besides, you have a long way to go to beat me, in overpaying for coins that I truly like. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Thanks for that Dimitri; makes me feel a little better about it.

Really I AM looking at these purchases as an investment in addition to feeding my coin addiction.

But the investment is for our grand kids, the youngest being 11 years old.

In addition to the fun of playing the "Registry Game", it gives me some pleasure to be able to, hopefully, pass on something worthwhile whether it's
    worth a lot of money or not. The grand kids are all aware of this, check out their sets from time to time and give me a "You go grand pa!!" from time
    to time image

I also picked up what looks to be a pretty nice raw set and between the two I hope to build the top 3 PCGS sets in the category, one for each of them

Best...
  • Options
    Here's a link to the sets as they stand now in case anyone would like to check them out. There appears to be only one other
    collector working the series and I still have the top 3. I happen to know that this particular collector focuses most of his collecting
    efforts on rare gold, a field with which I am totally unfamiliar and underfunded to even think about getting involved in.

I just dread the day he decides to get serious about this series image

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/Composite.aspx?c=3059

Sorry, I don't know how to work the linky thing....
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a link to the sets as they stand now in case anyone would like to check them out. There appears to be only one other
    collector working the series and I still have the top 3. I happen to know that this particular collector focuses most of his collecting
    efforts on rare gold, a field with which I am totally unfamiliar and underfunded to even think about getting involved in.

I just dread the day he decides to get serious about this series image

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/Composite.aspx?c=3059

Sorry, I don't know how to work the linky thing.... >>

Link

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    A couple of quick re-images. Also trying-out a black background that seems to work well for PL and blast white coins.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Nicely done, Roman. I go black and forth with my choice of coin image backgrounds. image
  • Options

<< <i>Nicely done, Roman. I go black and forth with my choice of coin image backgrounds. image >>

Thanks, Bill. I think I'll stick with black background for the bight coins and white for the crusty colorful toners.
  • Options
    Monthly Internet World Coin Auction #231140 finished last night. I feel so bad about my recent spree involving blast-white coins that I had to redeem myself by picking up these two toners below. Now, who was trying to snipe that 1804 from under me with less than 20 seconds to go? I had to do some pretty impressive high-speed clicking to win it.

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Monthly Internet World Coin Auction #231140 finished last night. I feel so bad about my recent spree involving blast-white coins that I had to redeem myself by picking up these two toners below. Now, who was trying to snipe that 1804 from under me with less than 20 seconds to go? I had to do some pretty impressive high-speed clicking to win it. >>

2K - I like last night's wins - you have a great eye for those original pieces. There are certainly some incredible coins in the AU grade range.

Who would have the nerve to try to outbid you? Thats like somebody trying to outbid Zohar on an Austrian taler..... simply unfathomable. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Monthly Internet World Coin Auction #231140 finished last night. I feel so bad about my recent spree involving blast-white coins that I had to redeem myself by picking up these two toners below. Now, who was trying to snipe that 1804 from under me with less than 20 seconds to go? I had to do some pretty impressive high-speed clicking to win it. >>

2K - I like last night's wins - you have a great eye for those original pieces. There are certainly some incredible coins in the AU grade range.

Who would have the nerve to try to outbid you? Thats like somebody trying to outbid Zohar on an Austrian taler..... simply unfathomable. image >>

Thanks, Brent image You know I go crazy about these crusty colorful AU portraits!

I would love to see the cold fury in Zohar's eyes when someone tries to outbid him on a nice, rare, mint state, toned Graz thaler he doesn't own an example of yet image
  • Options
    Both coins arrived and lovely!