Home U.S. Coin Forum

Pedophile counterstamps

Found this tidbit tonight.
FBI says that pedophiles are using a triangle nestled within a triangle as a stealth symbol.
Apparently they have made some of this into counterstamps and strike them on circulating coins.
This is a coin that a woman found:
imageimage

This one here is from an unclassified FBI report:

Comments

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    well, I guess that's good to know in case I come across one. I guess....
  • Might make you think twice about the person who handed it to you.
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Maybe you can get a letter of authenticity from Walter Breen ?

• << <i>Maybe you can get a letter of authenticity from Walter Breen ? >>

Or maybe Chris Hansen?
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭
    i collect counterstamped coinage, but i refuse to buy or sell this particular stamp

www.brunkauctions.com

• << <i>i collect counterstamped coinage, but i refuse to buy or sell this particular stamp >>

So, you've seen it before?
    never in person......i remember seeing press stories ca. 2007 about this and decided then not to own an example

www.brunkauctions.com

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps we could counterstamp their foreheads with this mark... image
    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>perhaps we could counterstamp their foreheads with this mark... image >>

Then bury both them and the coin.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

• << <i>Might make you think twice about the person who handed it to you. >>

Not to make light of the topic by any means, but what would you do with a counterstamped coin you received in change if you didn't know what the counterstamp meant? Spend it, maybe? Before reading this thread, I probably would have.

Just something to consider before assuming the worst about somebody...
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why Breen did not include these in his book image

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever get one of those in change I'm going to totally deface the counter-stamp.
    Maybe use it for target practice with my .308
  • Might as well deface it, since it doesn't seem like a popular item to ever unload.
    Counter-counter-stamped.
  • Looks like some sort of sicko joke, do you suppose they refer to themselves as "pedos?"
  • The FBI doesn't think it's a joke.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like counterstamps..... but would want nothing to do with this one.

Odd thing though.... if enough individuals destroy the coins found with the counterstamp.... that is what makes something valuable in the future.
    ----- kj

• << <i>Maybe you can get a letter of authenticity from Walter Breen ? >>

Did NAMBLA ever have an offical coin ?
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Might make you think twice about the person who handed it to you. >>

It would make me think three times about handing it to someone else!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sickest of the sick - just disgusting.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • raysrays Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen one of these. I can't imaging anyone wanting to collect them.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    if I found one, I would go wash my hands in boiling water, and vomit.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭
    Appears to be someone's idea of a twisted joke. If not a joke, then WTH?
    Ebay Link

Please report

www.brunkauctions.com

i just reported the item, i think if enough of us do then Ebay will pull the auction.......a glance at the seller's other items tells me that this is not just a guy who found this in pocket change and is oblivious to it's meaning image

www.brunkauctions.com

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>if I found one, I would go wash my hands in boiling water, and vomit. >>

Boiling water?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Might make you think twice about the person who handed it to you. >>

It would make me take a description of who handed it to me.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i just reported the item, i think if enough of us do then Ebay will pull the auction.......a glance at the seller's other items tells me that this is not just a guy who found this in pocket change and is oblivious to it's meaning image >>

Yup. Auction has been pulled, but it'll just find another venue to sell that filth on.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
    auction pulled, thanks.....the seller did send me the following email:

>>I will end it just to be safe, I found a lot of meanings and in spanish it is farts,and it's pretty odd I bought it off a policeman at a flea mart

- md2020>>

www.brunkauctions.com

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The auction has been pulled by the buyer, not by an eBay WMD strike.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I've never seen a modern counterstamp coin in change... do people find them often?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • While it may be true that destruction leads to rarity, there must be demand as well. I don't think there will be a lot of demand for these. At least Nazi paraphenalia has places in Holocaust remembrance museums as chilling reminders.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    @llafoe

I found my first and only a few weeks ago on a 1976 penny. It had a liberty bell counterstamp.

And a bit of glue on the back where it had been attached to a souvieneer card.
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Video the destruction of the evil thing and post it on you-tube!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• << <i>I've never seen a modern counterstamp coin in change... do people find them often? >>

During roll searching ive found 1c's with 4 different US states outline and initials stamped , a 1967 1c with a perfect peace sign which i think is very cool as 67 was "the summer of love" ( research tells me the peace sign we all know and associate with San Francisco & Hippys was actually created in the late 50's by a British student.An American student took the idea back home and the rest is history. One last oddity is an old wheat cent that has a bee stamped on it , no mistaking it's a bee.
    Maybe not modern but they are out there.It's not often ive seen anything other than a cent stamped though.
  • coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe you can get a letter of authenticity from Walter Breen ? >>

Ooooh, that was dirty! This thread give me the heebie jeebies.... and that's all I got to say about that.
  • BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    ;(
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Bizarre such a counterstamp would even exist. I hope demand is zero.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe you can get a letter of authenticity from Walter Breen ? >>

imageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

<< <i>Video the destruction of the evil thing and post it on you-tube! >>

The pedophile or the coin?image

• gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice the seller's handle? md2020? That should tell you something.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    Look at his other items for sale.

<< <i>Notice the seller's handle? md2020? That should tell you something. >>

He is an eye doctor? Is it possible that he didn't know what he had? It's certainly not obvious from the stamp.

• WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

He is an eye doctor? Is it possible that he didn't know what he had? It's certainly not obvious from the stamp. >>

MD 2020 (Mad Dog 20/20, slang for Mogan David wine)
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Pedos

Someone making a big deal about nothing?

And since when have pedophiles ever been a "social" enough creature to actually have a "secret symbol" or even go to the point of creating counterstamped coins as advertising?
    All I've ever heard was that they are solitary predators who'd rather other folks NOT know what or who they are other than their vitvtims.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    Ill stick to my I love you stamps state stamps and Kennedy head stamps thankyou. Moving on.
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm not thinking this through, but why even make something like that?

It seems so obscure. It doesn't seem like it would serve any purpose other than to give the FBI and forums something to discuss.

Is there really a hidden purpose that I'm missing?
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

He is an eye doctor? Is it possible that he didn't know what he had? It's certainly not obvious from the stamp. >>

MD 2020 (Mad Dog 20/20, slang for Mogan David wine) >>

I thought this was universally known....lol A nice, cheap, 'kosher' wine that'll mess you up (most college students know this already). With that said about the wine.....

As far as the topic, the seller himself (can't be a woman), definitely has a screw loose, judging by the other items he has listed. I 'like' women as much as the next guy (speaking as a hetero, no offense to those that lead a different lifestyle). It's not as if he's selling 'valuable' copies of certain mens magazines, some of which do carry premiums. Weird thing is, as was mentioned previously, the SELLER took it down, not ebay...I'm hoping it was due to messages he received from other ebayers via their message function, and NOT because an 'individual' like this would peruse this, as well as other coin forums, thereby tipping him off. I'd be mighty uncomfortable participating on a forum with that type of person also participating.

As an aside, I think the 'group' counterstamping these has it all wrong....I can't see those being 'targeted' being in agreement with the counterstamp as it is...one would think the first and third words would be flipped (makes me so sick to my stomach, I can't even say/type the words)....unless it makes 'them' feel better about being nothing but gutter trash.

Also, +1, as this thread really should go 'poof', IMO. Informative, yes, but other than that, each and every coin with this counterstamp, along with the dies made, should be destroyed.....and the producer of these aberrations should be introduced to one of the many members here that have extensive gun collections.

Sorry for droning on, but this is probably the most disturbing thread/topic I've seen here since I joined (I know it was not intentionally done to disturb anyone...I just find it nauseating that these 'people' find it acceptable enough to have an organization dedicated to it....it just sickens me).
    I'll come up with something.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file