Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pedophile counterstamps

2»

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never seen a modern counterstamp coin in change... do people find them often? >>

I find them in cent box searches occasionally - mostly ca. 1974-1977 coins for some reason. I found one the other day with Kennedy's portrait stamped on it. I have also found several state outlines with their initials and Masonic counterstamped cents.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    JamesMurrayJamesMurray Posts: 4,036
    I think this is interesting , foreign Cherrios and looking at the box it's one of the millenium giveaways year of Sac dollar fame. Looking at the box i see a heart design much like on the quarter i suppose. Noticably its not a triangle within a triangle as the other FBI one shows.

• Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think this is interesting , foreign Cherrios and looking at the box it's one of the millenium giveaways year of Sac dollar fame. Looking at the box i see a heart design much like on the quarter i suppose. Noticably its not a triangle within a triangle as the other FBI one shows.

image >>

That is badly Photoshopped Cheerios box -

My take on the coin in the OP, is that it most likely someone's idea of a joke - an art school prank gone awry or some such thing.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think this is interesting , foreign Cherrios and looking at the box it's one of the millenium giveaways year of Sac dollar fame. Looking at the box i see a heart design much like on the quarter i suppose. Noticably its not a triangle within a triangle as the other FBI one shows.

>>

That is badly Photoshopped Cheerios box -

My take on the coin in the OP, is that it most likely someone's idea of a joke - an art school prank gone awry or some such thing. >>

You mean they didn't mean to use 2 different font types in the product name?
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I ever get one of those in change I'm going to totally deface the counter-stamp.
    Maybe use it for target practice with my .308 >>

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe you can get a letter of authenticity from Walter Breen ? >>

I had the same thought. image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If I ever get one of those in change I'm going to totally deface the counter-stamp.
    Maybe use it for target practice with my .308 >>

i like your idea. target practice for sure
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    i like your idea. target practice for sure >>

Just sayin...

Somehow I believe the nether regions of convicted molesters - especially those with multiple offences - should be a more adequate target.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who would mix english and spanish? why not just use farts?

And there are "organizations" out there that promote this crap. They exist because of first amendment rights. These are obviously stamped to promote and rationalize the deluded concept.

this is clearly what is seems to be.

I reported it and asked the closed auction be totally removed to "send a message."

auction removed.

message sent.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file