Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sell Out Prediction for Buchanan's Liberty???

Comments

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>6,938 is the sales as of yesterday. Proof Buck

How far will it go ?

:-) >>

Until 7/8 cries UNCLE.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>

How far will it go ?

Until 7/8 cries UNCLE.image >>

lol
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it might go to 7,300+ and 7/8 will still NOT "cry Uncle". image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>I suspect it might go to 7,300+ and 7/8 will still NOT "cry Uncle". image

Wondercoin >>

I suppose he is counting on a lot of returns for the prize.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

How far will it go ?

I sent two of mine back last week (obviously should have sent all three). 6937 :-)
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    As I recall the 2008-w plats sales report went to close to 4,000 and the final finals were 2200-2400. Everyone ran their mouths on 7/8 and he was right 18 months later. Because he was told what the deal was in advance by someone who was not just guessing. Be careful. Everyone is not pulling their opinions from the same well.

I would like to see the coins already closed. And maybe they are higher mintage than VB. I have always qualified my statements about the coins but those that should have a real clue are not suggesting that the proof buck is high mintage.

Eric
  • Options
    I could see these numbers dropping in the final. Seems quite a few were not happy with the frost breaks. I think the numbers will be low alright even if they are a bit higher than VB proof. Other than the horse race like entertainment, the bigger question is whether a slight difference one way or another has any significance to the value of the coin anyway.
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    any word on buchanan unc sales from last week eric?
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Other than the horse race like entertainment, the bigger question is whether a slight difference one way or another has any significance to the value of the coin anyway. >>

Pricewise, the Jackson Liberty is keeping up with the Van Buren Liberty, even with a somewhat higher mintage. I think that low mintage alone does not drive demand - looks and historical significance are factors as well.

Not everyone is collecting the Liberty subset as a group. Many collectors will be picking and choosing individual coins in the First Spouse series for their collections. And with such low mintages in absolute terms across the series, the difference in demand for specific coins will have a big effect on the price of each coin at maturity.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i><< Other than the horse race like entertainment, the bigger question is whether a slight difference one way or another has any significance to the value of the coin anyway. >>

Pricewise, the Jackson Liberty is keeping up with the Van Buren Liberty, even with a somewhat higher mintage. I think that low mintage alone does not drive demand - looks and historical significance are factors as well.

Not everyone is collecting the Liberty subset as a group. Many collectors will be picking and choosing individual coins in the First Spouse series for their collections. And with such low mintages in absolute terms across the series, the difference in demand for specific coins will have a big effect on the price of each coin at maturity. >>

I agree
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I am not concerned one bit about the proof bucks.

IMO, final mintage will not exceed 6800. And as mentioned earlier, I wouldnt be surprised to see it drift significantly lower as the "sales" numbers are adjusted for returns.

• Options

<< <i>any word on buchanan unc sales from last week eric? >>

• Options

<< <i>I am not concerned one bit about the proof bucks.

IMO, final mintage will not exceed 6800. And as mentioned earlier, I wouldnt be surprised to see it drift significantly lower as the "sales" numbers are adjusted for returns. >>

Remind me again. Why is 6800 a significant number? Is that some inside stuff or is it a dart thrown in the dark.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    VB............ Buch

6807 ..... 6938 PR............ +131 over and counting
    3826 ..... 4267 UNC ........ +441 over and counting

(VB Finals, Buch Sales still to be adjusted)
  • Options
    I dont play darts
  • Options
    Still available, 1/24....
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Better sales last week at 237 combined, and possible reprice lower this week bodes for decent sales again this week.
    http://news.coinupdate.com/us-mint-sales-james-buchanans-liberty-gold-coin-in-focus/
  • Options
    What's up with the unc. version of the Buch outpacing the proof in sales this week?
  • Options
    VB............ Buch

6807 ..... 7048 PR............ +241 over and counting
    3826 ..... 4394 UNC ........ +568 over and counting

• Options
    Proof Van Buren closing sales report 7,515.......7,048 PR Bucks .............. minus 467 and falling.
    Weekly sales report vs weekly sales report.
    Apples to apples

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    How much are they currently worth in proof 70, NGC vs. PCGS? Seems that sales (prices) are very weak on the bay considering how low the mintage is reported to be on this thread. Last NGC pf70 in
    completed status was $930....PCGS First Strike pf70 $1099 or so. Too much pumping up value on this thread when reality is saying something completely different. Maybe it's a long term hold....we'll see.
  • Options
    A Jackson proof final sales .....7806
    A Jackson proof final mintage .7684

Difference of only 122.

• Options
    They may end up in the Jackson proof mintage class and even thats ok. Prices are almost always soft until the market dies out. 2008W $50 mint state buffalos were $1100-$1200 each on ebay for about 2 months after sales closed. We can expect no different with these. We are just going to have to wait and see how it all turns out.

As mentioned before the best short term flip is the silver ATB coins at $900 per set and dump them right away.

• Options
    Not concerned one bit.

< 6800 PROOF
  • Options
    Now that the Buchanan Proofs have come down in price on today's Mint website, will the anticipated sellout be at hand ? Comments......
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    If they're close, hopefully this is just the bump they need to go into sellout....
  • Options
    Just bought some at the higher price, did not receive them yet, so probably cancel the order and re-order.
  • Options
    yet another mint repricing might not be too far away-no?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    7091 proof Bucks as of yesterday
  • Options
    does that alter/influence your analysis?

Wondercoin
  • Options
    How much longer???

7/8 is about to pull out his fork.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks Eric.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    VB............ Buch

6807 ..... 7091 PR............ +284 over and counting
    3826 ..... 4426 UNC ........ +600 over and counting

• Options
    I ate and my fork is in the sink.

< 6800. I stand by my opinion of the final number.

What you are viewing are the sales numbers which dont bear any relation to the final number - except that it will be 10% or more higher than the FINAL figure.

It will come to pass. If you dont have any, you will be a little poorer than the rest of us.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>about 3500 uncs- about 3000 uncs-scrap is your number >>

Hi Eric,

Thanks for all of your wisdom on these. I am confused by the above statement, though. Can you please translate for the less informed of us?

Thanks,
    Jim

Edit: I see you deleted the contents of your post, hopefully for a clarifying statement... image
  • Options
    clarifying statement... sent.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Give it up half. >>

But his mind is made up, so please don't confuse him with the facts. After all, "he stuck a fork in them" 6 month ago.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>clarifying statement... sent. >>

What's with all the secret messages? Cat got your keyboard? Even so, why post about it afterward?
  • Options
    gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    one day the spice girls will get respect.....6800...6900 whatever the number is and still not a 10-15% premium....33000 ATBs and people have their grandmother's (who don't even know what a computer is) setting up paypal accts to "score" a set....lol

• Options
    Yes, but, do those grandmothers' look better than many of the spice girls .... isn't that the real question here Gyro? image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take my 8 coin liberty set over the big 5oz. park quarters any day!!!!!! I think these are long term winners and even if they aren't, I still like 'em.

• Options

<< <i>Yes, but, do those grandmothers' look better than many of the spice girls .... isn't that the real question here Gyro? image

Wondercoin >>

no actually i am waiting for that smoking 2011 Platinum “To Insure Domestic Tranquility" girl....the hags don't compare.....
  • Options
    gryo -

hang around a while and see what the buch proof goes for once we get the FINAL FINAL numbers

it wont be 10-15% premium, it will be much more.

but pay more attention to the pucks - if you dont they will be close to melt soon, the goose is cooked over there, the prices will get overly DEPRESSED
  • Options

<< <i>gryo -

hang around a while and see what the buch proof goes for once we get the FINAL FINAL numbers

it wont be 10-15% premium, it will be much more.

but pay more attention to the pucks - if you dont they will be close to melt soon, the goose is cooked over there, the prices will get overly DEPRESSED >>

i know....have been quietly putting them away and watching the lack of fanfare.......like i said one day they will have their moment in the sun....just not today....

• Options
    7/8, I am sure the Mint will finally sell the last one of the returns on Sep 3 and you will have your 6800. Man are they good. image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't open to a short strike here until the bread and butter AGEs were short struck and the ASEs were yanked after only a few weeks.

I'm much more open to it, however, without knowledge for the number of proofs struck on the first run, who knows when they will sell out. I think all that can be done is to wait for the red "Sold Out" to show or maybe Eric can get a hint from his sources.

7/8 wasn't totally offbase here.

I'll also wait for the final numbers from Eric and his sources before I call the lowest of the 4 Liberties.

===================================================================================

1000 !

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file