Home Precious Metals
Options

Want to try to comprehend what a trillion dollars is?

Its a solid stack....not end to end.....but a continuous brick of $100 bills that extends for 679 miles. Thats about 10 hours of driving alongside a stack of $100's. Remember, im talking about STACK....not laid out end to end!!!

And we are just 13 of these stacks in debt right now! image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caMRBGmja3w&feature=channel

Comments

• Options
    konsolekonsole Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    That series by Chris Martenson is a great series, I picked up the DVD of his Crash Course on amazon a while back.

It makes me wonder everyday when the reality will finally set it that the national debt is impossible to pay off.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a solid stack....not end to end.....but a continuous brick of $100 bills that extends for 679 miles. Thats about 10 hours of driving alongside a stack of $100's. Remember, im talking about STACK....not laid out end to end!!! And we are just 13 of these stacks in debt right now!

If the notional value of the existing otc derivatives were stacked the same way, they'd extend nearly 1,000,000 miles....approx 2 round trips to the moon.
    Or if the stack was replaced with $1 bills, it would stretch to the sun, 93 MILL miles away........image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Or if the stack was replaced with $1 bills, it would stretch to the sun, 93 MILL miles away........image

roadrunner >>

This wouldn't be possible. They would catch on fire long before they reached the sun.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    video says $1,000 bills 679 miles stacked not $100image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or a stack of quarters to the moon...250,000+ miles.
  • Options

<< <i>video says $1,000 bills 679 miles stacked not $100image >>

No...vid says a stack of $1,000's stacked 67.9 miles. I simply made it easier to digest by using $100's.image
  • Options
    They would catch on fire long before they reached the sun

No, fire requries oxygen........they would be damn hot, though!
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

You standing next to a trillion dollar bills
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much is a trillion Zimbabwe dollars worth now, in Gold or Silver?

You can stack paper bills, trees, toilet paper, paper plannes, whatever...it is still intrinsically worthless.

That's what I appreciate about the Fed being able to produce numbers (dollars) on a computer, no wasted trees!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Or if the stack was replaced with $1 bills, it would stretch to the sun, 93 MILL miles away........image

roadrunner >>

This wouldn't be possible. They would catch on fire long before they reached the sun.image >>

Reminds me of a joke:

Two guys, Ed and his brother Ed, are always into hair brained projects. They decide to build a rocketship to fly to the sun. Their neighbor sees the project taking shape and asks what the rocket is for. The brothers Ed and Ed tell their neighbor, "we is gonna fly to the sun, we is gonna be famous." The neighbor slaps his head, and says, "that thing won't fly, besides you can't fly to the sun, you'll burn up." The smarter of the Ed brothers replies, "what do you think, we is stupid, we have that figured out, we is gonna fly to the sun at night."
  • Options
    Good jokeimage

I read another "try to comprehend what a trillion dollars is" awhile back on one of the forums, can't remember which one, no matter.
    This one went: If Jesus spent one million dollars a day from the day he was born until now, he still would not have spent one trillion dollars.
    Just kind of blows your mind.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    That's what I appreciate about the Fed being able to produce numbers (dollars) on a computer, no wasted trees!

LMAO!!! Now that's defintely a different approach to this sad story being written (and/or played out) daily.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.