• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

October baseball!!! image
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Good to be back.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    So, who's Atlanta trotting out against Lincecum/Sanchez/Cain ?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Lowe, Hanson and Huddy, most likely in that order.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The result doesn't surprise me at all. The Braves showed toughness and heart all season.

I wouldn't mind at all a Phillies - Braves playoff for the NL pennant, although I might advise the women and children not to open any Phillies or Braves threads during that time...the smack could get a bit rough. LOL
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Braves fans! Glad to see Mr Cox get that last regular game win and make it into the playoffs.

brian
  • Options
    Pretty good matchup for Braves, still dont see anyone beating Phillies in NL.
  • Options
    No real suprise, offense was offensive, figured it was a bad omen when leadoff guy doubles and you dont get him in in the first inning, and manage one hit the rest of the game. Could have been worse, at least we did not get no hit. lol
  • Options

<< <i>No real suprise, offense was offensive, figured it was a bad omen when leadoff guy doubles and you dont get him in in the first inning, and manage one hit the rest of the game. Could have been worse, at least we did not get no hit. lol >>

Lincecum was outstanding. If Posey had not scored and the game was scoreless going into the 10th, we may have been able to get something going against their bullpen. Didn't happen. Move on and see if we can do better against Cain. 2 Giant pitchers in a row can't be virtually unhittable..................can they??? image
  • Options
    Agreed, but Posey was out, cant say if anything would have changed. Glad I am not an umpire, too much scrutiny for me, if you are going to show all angles get the call correct, would question whether or not you even need umpires, think I remember an episode of the Jetsons doing just that with robots.
  • Options
    Win tonight and force game 5 or go home!
  • Options
    Oh well.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Good series. Every game was a nail-biting pitching duel decided by 1 run.

If I had a heart condition, I might be dead right now.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the Braves and I never will, but they did much better this season than expected, and displayed heart and character all season...tough as nails, and my hats off to them for a valiant determined effort, that just fell a little bit short. image
  • Options
    Bobby image
  • Options
    Enjoyed series, Conrad should have been benched sooner, easy to say but what do you do, if pitching and defense win we were destined to lose. Braves have not played well for a month or so. Nice to see Lowe pitch well, still need some bats.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    This team achieved more than they should have. Keep in mind that these guys are w/o their starting 3B, 2B, a missing rotation guy who was having a hell of a season, and a closer (although at the end). In the end, the injuries were too much to overcome. Sadly, they may have had a strong chance to dethone the Phillies even without Chipper, but no way they were going to do it without Prado. I'm glad Bobby was able to go out in the playoffs and not the regular season. See everyone next year on the 2011 Braves thread...

-Michael

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.