Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone have the phone number for ebay?

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need to file a claim and the online process doesn't have my problem on it. Which is weird because it is a problem I'm sure happens often.

I sent a coin back for refund.......seller got coin back.......he will not refund.

Comments

• Have you tried the chat feature with customer service?? Phone numbers are tuff to get a body
    with but chart you can and maybe get a number. Good Kuck
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to convince you of not calling, but they will likely tell you to contact the seller first, then open a dispute next.

Since "contact the seller" seems to have happened, go ahead and open a dispute for whatever reason you returned the coin, then proceed from there.

it can be hard to get the "contact us" to spit out a telephone number, but keep trying ... they use a system where you need a PIN to get through to a warm body on the phone. So, just giving you a ph. # might not be too helpful.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • This dispute should be opened up in PayPal. eBay just follows up on the seller's/buyer's reputation and forwards that information to PayPal, anyways.
    -SpectrumLuster
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.800.URS.CRWD
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a dispute as such.

I paid for the coin.
    I got the coin.
    I didn't like coin.
    I contacted seller about returning coin.
    Seller said fine no problem.
    I sent coin back.
    Seller got coin back and said he would refund later that day (8/26/10)
    I have sent numerous messages to seller saying hey where is the refund.
    NO RESPONSE!!!
    Why can't people just be honest and straight forward?!!!!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 866 516 3229 last i knew unless they have changed it again image good luck
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Here are a couple of numbers I have : 1-888-749-3229 and 1-800-322-9266
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay 1-800-717-3229, 1-866-442-3229, 1866-643-3720
    paypal 1-888-221-1161

Open dispute
    report item not as described
    state that item was returned after discussing with seller
    provide return shipping number in dispute

If you didn't purchase delivery confirmation (free with paypal shipping label) for item under $250 or buy signature confirmation for item over $250 you may be out of luck. If you purchased insurance for return, that tracking number just might satisfy paypal's requirement for proof of return.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>ebay 1-800-717-3229, 1-866-442-3229, 1866-643-3720
    paypal 1-888-221-1161

Open dispute
    provided return shipping number in dispute (if you didn't get this you may be out of luck) >>

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ebay 1-800-717-3229, 1-866-442-3229, 1866-643-3720
    paypal 1-888-221-1161

Open dispute
    provide return shipping number in dispute

If you didn't purchase delivery confirmation (free with paypal shipping label) for item under $250 or buy signature confirmation for item over $250 you may be out of luck. If you purchased insurance for return, that tracking number just might satisfy paypal's requirement for proof of return. >>

It sounds as if the seller has already acknowledged receipt of the item - the OP wrote "Seller got coin back and said he would refund later that day (8/26/10)"
  • the seller , unless they have a very good reason for not contacting you ; should have their name made public .
    true.

if communication was via eBay, then you've got the seller.
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon maybe this happened as it did to me. Item was paid for thru Pay Pal but the seller chose to refund with a check. Still open a dispute and see if the seller replys.

Ken
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jon maybe this happened as it did to me. Item was paid for thru Pay Pal but the seller chose to refund with a check. Still open a dispute and see if the seller replys.

Ken >>

If nothing else, opening the dispute will motivate seller to communicate.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• This is an useful link:

Link to eBay and Paypal phone numbers
    Successful BST transactions with: Walkerguy21D, Metalsman, chumley, cohodk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file